5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and educational, a wonderful read

3.0 out of 5 stars Won't Make You Happy For Long
Published on Jan. 22 2003 by Mary

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Easy Read, Nov. 20 2013
This review is from: Being Happy (Paperback)
Read this three times myself and decided to a few more for my friends/family. Everyone should read a book like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and educational, a wonderful read, Sept. 21 2013
Karl - Tiny Thought Guy (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Being Happy (Paperback)
Almost 25 years old now and the second book written by Andrew Matthews, Being Happy, is still a treasure trove of information and insights into the concept of happiness. Using his amazing artistic ability to include cartoons to emphasize poignant truths, Andrew makes reading this book humorous as well as informative. Dealing with such topics as forgiveness, depression, the law of attraction, and the power of words themselves, one eventually sees that the most significant aspect of being happy is… well, I will leave that to you to discover and this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, June 29 2010
Najamuddin Mohammed (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Being Happy (Paperback)
I have bought several copies of this book and have given them as presents to family and friends. I like to keep at least one copy of this book at home and one in the office.

The authour uses good humour and common sense arguments to help the reader understand the the techniques, strategies and benefits of being happy.

Highly recommend this book to readers of all ages and backgrounds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully Helpful, Oct. 3 2003
S. K. Leggate "Sunni" (Fernley, NV United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Being Happy (Paperback)
I am greatful that a co-worker recommended this book to me when she did. I was at a very low point in my life, and was probably close to making a rash decision that I would regret later. This book has taught me that I am not defective, and that I have more control over me and the events in my life than I thought. To some this book may be a rude awakening, but it is an awakening well worth it. I would recommend it to everyone, not just those at a low-point in their lives. I know this is a book I will be reading again and again, and each time I will take something else away with me as a lesson learned.

5.0 out of 5 stars A treasure in my library, Aug. 27 2003
A. Lau "a_lau" (San Jose, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Being Happy (Paperback)
I can't believe how low the price is! It's definitely a good buy at the $$.$$ list price. This delightful and upbeat book is one of my favourites. Concepts are simple but not unrealistic. They make good sense. Short chapters come in handy when free time is a premium cost. When life becomes discouraging, I read a few pages of this book and can smile again.

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS BOOK IS WORTH BUYING -AND PRACTICING, July 13 2003
This review is from: Being Happy (Paperback)
"Being happy" is one of the most useful books I've ever read. It is a clear, simple and practical guide to begin to see us as we really are. But you do not have just to read it but also to practice its teachings. If you have to make a cake, but you do not have any flour at all, is the recipe still useful? Of course it is! But you have to go and look for the flour inside your own cupboard, inside your own mind and heart., and then make that special cake. Thus, you'll be able to ejoy it. It happens also with this book. Wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best companion, May 23 2003
Vin Sivasubramanian "vinoth18" (erie, pennsylvania United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Being Happy (Paperback)
This book is a real boon for people who stay away from home and feel depressed.The things that are described in this book is very good and esy to understand.Andrew mathews has also given cleardescriptions on how to make things change in life and they provwe to be a very useful tool for enhancing your life.This book defenetely enhances your life and you will experience this yourself once you start reading this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars very good book!..., April 27 2003
This review is from: Being Happy (Paperback)
This book is great, it is about understanding yourself, being able to laugh at yourself, becoming more prosperous and being able to forgive yourself. It also discusses understanding natures laws so we can better deal with our own natures. What i like in the book aswell as the information is the comics in the books, they are terrifis, entertaining and very humorous. Now time for the run down on each chapter.
CHAPTER 1: This chapter deals self image, health and pain. Fact from chapter: The nicer you treat yourself the nicer others treat you.
CHAPTER 2: This chapter deals with depression, happiness and humor. Fact from chapter: Did you know that laughter is the best medicine.
CHAPTER 3: This chapter deals with thoughts, power of words and gratitude. Fact from chapter: Did you know that imagination is more important then knowledge.
CHAPTER 4: This chapter seems to deal with taking risks, setting goals and commitment. Fact from chapter: Did you know you only get back what you put out.
CHAPTER 5: This chapter deals with nature, learning from children and changes. Fact from chapter: Did you know the player in sport who usually gets hurt the most is the one who is moving the least.
CHAPTER 6: This chapter only has only one content called "here is where you begin."It deals with how what ever you are today may influence you to be the same in the next 10 to 20 years.
Overall this is a great book, though i recomend that you be no younger than 13 to get this because im 13 and there is some stuff in the book i can't relate to which was why i gave it 4 stars, but any way hope this helped. THANKYOU FOR READING-peace

1.0 out of 5 stars Being Happy, Feb. 2 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Being Happy (Paperback)
An interesting book which chases its self in circles with no out come ~ written so long ago that it is in desperate need of an update. Written via a man who is clearly living in Fairy land or place that truely does not exist. The actual Title to this book should be How to be treated like a" Door Mat"
A fabulous out look on life if indeed the whole world truely was taking EXTC pills and there was no come down. The true reason for the author of this book being blissfully happy is due to the book selling way over 1million copies due to its very catchy title.
You can also find his second book about how to MAKE FRIENDS and his im sure next soon to be followed book titled "achieving the thing that you most want to achieve the most" Just via Buying this book , whilst I laugh all the way to the bank". I truely wish happiness for all that are seeking it, but the answers you seek will not be found in this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Won't Make You Happy For Long, Jan. 22 2003
This review is from: Being Happy (Paperback)
This book is funny at times, easy to read, and straight to the point. I enjoyed reading the book, it certainly made me smile at times. However, I felt that once I had finished the book, it had left me in the air, still waiting for an answer. While it gives some good suggestions, you quickly forget them once you read past it because it was expressed so vaguely. There were no real life examples, nothing to plant the idea concretely into your head.
All in all, if I could go back in time, I would not have bought this book. However, I give it 3 stars because it did keep me entertained for a while. But it's more of a book to borrow from someone and give back once you're done, than a book you actually want to buy and keep.
I would suggest instead of this book "How to stop worrying and start living" by Dale Carnegie. Although it isn't based on how to be happy, if you follow this book, it will definitely influence your mood and your happiness.

Being Happy
Being Happy by Andrew Matthews (Paperback - Jan. 11 2002)
CDN$ 16.95 CDN$ 12.24