5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT CHRISTIAN HELP FOR MARRIAGES IN CRISIS!
Thank you Dr. Dobson for writing the perfect book for marriages in crisis! While my husband wasn't having an affair with another woman, he WAS having an affair with drugs and irresponsibility. Your book helped me kick him out and he was forced to hit bottom. I am proud to say that he quickly learned what he was going to lose and has changed his life for the better...
Published on Oct. 31 1998

2.0 out of 5 stars not the best book
For me personally I did not love the content of this book. Once recieved it was in good shape, but after reading a little into it I discarded the book.
Published 11 months ago by Miss Brown

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this Book!!, April 1 1999
Ce commentaire est de: Love Must Be Tough (Hardcover)
Seven years ago, my husband left our marriage and told me he no longer wanted to have anything to do with me. I begged and pleaded with him to return, but the harder I pushed, the more he pulled away. I felt like I had lost every bit of dignity I ever possessed until I read this book and realized that begging is not an effective form of human communication. I decided to open up the cage door and let my husband go -- come what may and to stand tall, no matter what the outcome. The result was not what I wanted: my husband flew out of the cage and never came back. In spite of that, however, I learned that it's not worth giving away your dignity to anyone, no matter how much you love them. This book was one of the main tools God used to help get through the most difficult times of my life and I recommend it to anyone who is going through a divorce or seperation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book. Praise God for James Dobson, Jan. 15 1999
Ce commentaire est de: Love Must Be Tough (Hardcover)
I can relate to most of the things Mr. Dobson writes. However it is a shame we always feel that we have to play games through out our marrige. Also it is a shame that most men that need to read the book...DON'T. I recomend this book to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book to help one partner save a crumbling marriage!, July 23 1998
Ce commentaire est de: Love Must Be Tough (Hardcover)
True help for the hurting partner in a marriage where loss of respect and /or infidelity have erroded love and trust. Dr. Dobson explains the dynamics of marital relationships in everyday terms, and then talks the hurting partner through each step in the process to restore respect and love. As a Social Worker, I have purchased copies for clients, friends and family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, July 21 1998
Ce commentaire est de: Love Must Be Tough (Hardcover)
Dr. Dobson feels like a friend throughout the entire book. The book is pure common sense, advice we would more than likely give to those we love when we see they are headed down a destructive path but when we live it, it seems our emotions take over and we lose sight of these wise words. I loved this book because of the plan he gives you in order to respect yourself and others to bring those you love closer to you and most importantly making you feel good about yourself when your heart is broken and you feel nothing but despair, this book offers guidance, a plan and hope. I feel in reading this you instantly gain respect for yourself but you need to keep reading it and seriously live it. Its tough. I am single and dating and this book relates mainly to spouses but it totally applied to me, my life and my circumstances in a relationship I was in. My mantra is something I took from this book and I tell myself and friends constantly "CONFIDENCE IS KEY". Th! is book is a must have, it truly offers healing of the soul.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Love Must Be Tough
Love Must Be Tough by James Dobson (Hardcover - June 24 1996)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01