5.0 out of 5 stars Special
This book reminded me that God loves ME and Christ died for ME. I am not just another face in the crowd. God has MY picture in His mind and heart. I AM special and unique and important to my Master.
Published on Jan. 29 2003 by H. A Truett

1.0 out of 5 stars Our book has been misprinted
When God Whispers Your Name is fine until it reaches page 119 which is now page 183. It continues to page 214 with the next page being numbered 151. It is offensive and apparent that a portion of another book has been included with this printing. This is a disgrace to Max Lucado's reputation. There are thousands of books that have been sold and we wonder how many have...
Published on June 27 1999

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Special, Jan. 29 2003
H. A Truett "Wordy Girl" (Mississippi) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Well Done., Oct. 21 2011
When God Whispers Your Name is a beautiful book full of inspirational messages and wonderful stories to illustrate God's love and purpose for us. Something that stood out to me was the simple and easy to understand writing. This was not fancy theology but real truth.
Lucado reaches his audience with kindness and some doable challenges that are encouraging and not condemning.
Well Done.

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, Aug. 13 2003
Dr. W. G. Covington, Jr. (Edinboro, Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
Lucado writes in a conversational manner. His strength is in his ability to tell stories. He takes a familiar Bible passage and presents it in a fresh context. Like most writers he also has a gift for creating quotable phrases. An example is "We seldom see history in the making, and we seldom recognize heroes" (p. 33). A second example is "Faith in the future begets power in the present" (p. 44). And a third, which is an epiphany of an observation, "I challenge you to find one soul who came to God seeking grace and did not find it" (p. 53). Lucado's book leaves people feeling good about themselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, July 9 2002
By A Customer
I read this book in a very important time of need and it filled my heart. I have recommended it to many of my friends and family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a great book!, March 25 2014
This review is from: When God Whispers Your Name (Hardcover)
This is by far my favorite Max book. It is so well written and true to the word. Worth the read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another one, June 27 2002
Yet another beautifully written, spirit-filled, touching book by Max Lucado. This one is great, the very personal, very intimate touch of God that is upon each of us could be such a comforting and encouraging thing. Thanks for reminding me :)

5.0 out of 5 stars I heard Him call., Feb. 9 2002
By A Customer
This book was given to me durimg a period of dryness and difficulty.With gentilness it brought me back on into an open space .

5.0 out of 5 stars Scripture Brought to Life, Feb. 8 2002
"wildwoodldy" (Village Mills, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I laughed, I cried, I meditated all the way through this book. I have never enjoyed reading a book as much as I did this one that pertrays the scripturers as real and down to earth as this book does.The author takes scripturer and puts them to a year 2002 version of what it would have been like if the same thing was happening today. The characters and situations come alive. There is also a study section in the back of the book with some thought provoking questions about each chapter of the book. Please, get this book. You will throughly enjoy it and be blessed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Max Lucado is a super story teller, Jan. 23 2002
Manoj "Manoj Rajan" (Bensalem, PA, United States) - See all my reviews
This book is for people who think that all their good deeds and hard work have gone to the waste basket with no reward or recognition.Lack of recognition is everywhere and is the number one reason why employees are dissatisfied with thier jobs (it is not money). It urges you to have peace in your battling heart - because the recognition that is not received on Earth will be mutiplied many times over and received in heaven.The book urges us to seek the recognition of GOD not of man.In this age of instant gratification this concept is hard to grasp and that is exactly why this book exists.When I opened this book to read my mind was in total turmoil and anger, but after reading a few chapters, a total peace & calmness took over.
Max Lucado is a very engaging and creative storyteller.I loved the way the book uses wit and personal insight. The book picks a Biblical theme and draws comparisions with our daily life.It draws very clear pictures in the reader's mind and personalizes the theme.Personalization factor is important,because it helps to feel the various emotions in first person terms that the Biblical character is going through just as you would if you had to go through the same circumstances.
This book is also very simple to read, you don't have to have much Biblical knowledge to understand it. There is a lot of warmth and tenderness in the language used by Lucado, yet makes great insights.I enjoyed the book very much and would highly reccomend it. My parting wish would be for God to bless everybody who reads this book the same way He has blessed me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Max Lucado is a super story teller, Jan. 23 2002
Manoj "Manoj Rajan" (Bensalem, PA, United States) - See all my reviews

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xab7bad2c)

When God Whispers Your Name
When God Whispers Your Name by Max Lucado (Hardcover - June 9 2009)
CDN$ 10.99 CDN$ 9.89