4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring
Published on Aug. 13 2003 by Dr. W. G. Covington, Jr.

1.0 out of 5 stars Our book has been misprinted
When God Whispers Your Name is fine until it reaches page 119 which is now page 183. It continues to page 214 with the next page being numbered 151. It is offensive and apparent that a portion of another book has been included with this printing. This is a disgrace to Max Lucado's reputation. There are thousands of books that have been sold and we wonder how many have...
Published on June 27 1999

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, Aug. 13 2003
Dr. W. G. Covington, Jr. (Edinboro, Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
Lucado writes in a conversational manner. His strength is in his ability to tell stories. He takes a familiar Bible passage and presents it in a fresh context. Like most writers he also has a gift for creating quotable phrases. An example is "We seldom see history in the making, and we seldom recognize heroes" (p. 33). A second example is "Faith in the future begets power in the present" (p. 44). And a third, which is an epiphany of an observation, "I challenge you to find one soul who came to God seeking grace and did not find it" (p. 53). Lucado's book leaves people feeling good about themselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Special, Jan. 29 2003
H. A Truett "Wordy Girl" (Mississippi) - See all my reviews
This book reminded me that God loves ME and Christ died for ME. I am not just another face in the crowd. God has MY picture in His mind and heart. I AM special and unique and important to my Master.

5.0 out of 5 stars Max Lucado is a super story teller, Jan. 23 2002
Manoj "Manoj Rajan" (Bensalem, PA, United States) - See all my reviews
This book is for people who think that all their good deeds and hard work have gone to the waste basket with no reward or recognition.Lack of recognition is everywhere and is the number one reason why employees are dissatisfied with thier jobs (it is not money). It urges you to have peace in your battling heart - because the recognition that is not received on Earth will be mutiplied many times over and received in heaven.The book urges us to seek the recognition of GOD not of man.In this age of instant gratification this concept is hard to grasp and that is exactly why this book exists.When I opened this book to read my mind was in total turmoil and anger, but after reading a few chapters, a total peace & calmness took over.
Max Lucado is a very engaging and creative storyteller.I loved the way the book uses wit and personal insight. The book picks a Biblical theme and draws comparisions with our daily life.It draws very clear pictures in the reader's mind and personalizes the theme.Personalization factor is important,because it helps to feel the various emotions in first person terms that the Biblical character is going through just as you would if you had to go through the same circumstances.
This book is also very simple to read, you don't have to have much Biblical knowledge to understand it. There is a lot of warmth and tenderness in the language used by Lucado, yet makes great insights.I enjoyed the book very much and would highly reccomend it. My parting wish would be for God to bless everybody who reads this book the same way He has blessed me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Max Lucado is a super story teller, Jan. 23 2002
Manoj "Manoj Rajan" (Bensalem, PA, United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A Sweet Whisper Echoing..., March 16 2001
Barb (Rochester, WA) - See all my reviews
As you turn the pages of this Book you can hear the sweet whispers of the Father...touching your heart as he quietly whispers your name. A great anointing for erasing all your doubts, sorrows and despairs.
Gives you a gentle touch and tug at your heart that it's okay, you can hope again. Just rest in Jesus and He will move you on with His power to your Journey's end. what a beautiful book knowing that in all weariness you may encounter in your life, He is the one that will keep you going!
Can you hear Him whisper your name? Your name is on His Lips and on His Hand, no matter how alone, broken and worn out you can get, He still whispers your name.
This Book displays such a beautiful picture of who our God is a gentle and loving Father :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Well Done., Oct. 21 2011
When God Whispers Your Name is a beautiful book full of inspirational messages and wonderful stories to illustrate God's love and purpose for us. Something that stood out to me was the simple and easy to understand writing. This was not fancy theology but real truth.
Lucado reaches his audience with kindness and some doable challenges that are encouraging and not condemning.
Well Done.

5.0 out of 5 stars When God Whispers Your Name, Sept. 19 2000
This is the second Max Luacado book I have read, and he isquickly becoming my favorite Christian writer...in "When God Whispers your name" he deals with a wide range of subjects, Ranging from a christian perspective on "The Wizzard of Oz" (One of my favorite chapters) to the Dallas Fort Worth airport as a metophore for life as Christian. I know this may sound a little strange but he makes it work in such a simple and wonderful way that you have to marval at his ability to see a parable in everything he does.
This is an excellent and easy to read book, for all Christians.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book will inspire you, March 20 2001
JBS "jendog37" (Richardson, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I just finished the book today, and all I can say is wow! When I bought this book about a week and a half ago, I never thought I would enjoy it this much. I picked up this book when I was struggling to deal with some depressing times in my life, and this was God's answer to my struggles. God's love is presented right there through Max's words. He did not tell you to do anything, he simply presented what Jesus did for us on the cross in everyday terms. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is going through some hard times or anyone that wants to feel lifted up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Scripture Brought to Life, Feb. 8 2002
"wildwoodldy" (Village Mills, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I laughed, I cried, I meditated all the way through this book. I have never enjoyed reading a book as much as I did this one that pertrays the scripturers as real and down to earth as this book does.The author takes scripturer and puts them to a year 2002 version of what it would have been like if the same thing was happening today. The characters and situations come alive. There is also a study section in the back of the book with some thought provoking questions about each chapter of the book. Please, get this book. You will throughly enjoy it and be blessed.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most amazing book I've ever read!!!, April 27 1997
By A Customer
Max Lucado is an amazing author. I've read many of his books and I must admit that this is his best. The way he makes you laugh and cry. The feeling you feel when you have read this book is so spiritual. You feel so close to God. I read this book in two days. I couldn't put it down. Max Lucado has become my favorite christain author. I will always be his biggest fan. God loves us and Max shows us how important God is in our lives, how much we need Him. Thanks Max for showing me how much God loves me and how much I love God

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

When God Whispers Your Name
When God Whispers Your Name by Max Lucado (Hardcover - May 14 2009)
CDN$ 11.99 CDN$ 10.82