5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Yet Powerful!
Published on Feb. 22 2004 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Singles Beware
I haven't finished this book yet, however, I'm finding it very "married with kids" oriented. I'm a single woman, no kids, with lots to do. And it just seems like all of her "cases" and tips are geared toward someone with a family who is willing to help out around the house. What about the rest of us? How do we get organized by ourselves?
Published on Jan. 30 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Yet Powerful!, Feb. 22 2004
Ce commentaire est de: Simplify Your Life (Paperback)
I have read a lot of organizing books, and this is one of the best! The advice is simple and straightforward. Reading it felt like I was getting great advice from a trusted friend or an older sister who's sharing her wisdom with me. The short prayers at the end of each chapter are beautiful and simple, and can work for any type of faith or level of spirituality. I have put into practice some of the tips in this book, and it is making a difference in my life already!

5.0 out of 5 stars down to the basics, Feb. 10 2004
L. Hawkins "novice musician" (Richland, IN USA) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Simplify Your Life (Paperback)
The previous reviewer needs to keep an open mind when reading books like this. Look on the bright side, if you are a single person, you have the benefit of only having to organize one person-yourself. The tips in this book can be applied to any situation, just keep an open mind and a positive attitude about it. I found the book to be very informative, with lots of real-life examples. It was easy to read. I appreciated the Christian theme as well, but that was not a significant part of the text. Just a short prayer at the end of each chapter. I like the fact that the author emphasizes staying organized once you are there and what to do in crisis situations. I highly recommend this book, and for the price, it can't be beat.

1.0 out of 5 stars Singles Beware, Jan. 30 2004
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Life Experience, March 26 2004
By A Customer
Ce commentaire est de: Simplify Your Life (Paperback)
Marcia Ramsland seems to draw from real life experience and feedback from her speaking engagements. Her ideas are fresh, based on biblical principles and very practical! She helps to make the transfer from knowledge to application easier.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fuel for the Superwoman Complex, Feb. 23 2004
Alison (Bloomsburg, PA) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Simplify Your Life (Paperback)
I purchased this book by accident, intending actually to purchase the book "Simplify Your Life" by Elaine St. James. After reading Ramsfield's book I was left overwhelmed and disgusted. There no mention on the front and back cover of the religious undertones carried throughout the book. As a person who follows a different spiritual direction I was irritated by the prayers at the end of each chapter and by the christian overtones throughout. Marcia Ramsfield assumes (as another reviewer noted also)that all of her readers are harried mommies. It also assumes that the head female in the household does absolutely everything from the cooking and cleaning to errand running and party planning. Does she not realize that relationships are considerably more equitable these days? Perhaps an alternative to her ridiculously excessive time budgeting and list making strategies for women could be facilitating equal delegation of tasks among family members so that mommy doesn't snap from the pressure of carrying the weight of the whole family. You want real, modern solutions to simplify your life? Look elsewhere

Simplify Your Life
Simplify Your Life by Of F Women (Paperback - Dec 10 2003)
CDN$ 18.25 CDN$ 13.32