4.0 out of 5 stars My Two Cents...
A Surprisingly Honest Adventure!

I admit, I was skeptical when I first heard about this book. I was expecting some cheesy imagining of what heaven could look like. But as I began to read this book, I saw a story unfolding before my eyes.

Published 21 months ago by Adam

3.0 out of 5 stars A Narnia -Like Moment
Published on Jan. 8 2012 by Ian Gordon Malcomson

4.0 out of 5 stars My Two Cents..., July 6 2012
Adam (Saskatoon, SK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
A Surprisingly Honest Adventure!

This is not some biblical study on what heaven is like. This is also not some overactive imaginary description of it either. It is the story of a family who walked through the valley of the shadow of death and how they emerged from the other side.

The story is about Colton, the son of the main author (a pastor) who had a near death experience where he found himself in the heavenly courts and witness to some amazing details. But the story is told from the perspective of the Father and the horrors of watching your son almost die. And then as life progresses, the boy gives glimpses of the glory he witnessed by revealing very specific details of information concerning their family that he literally has no other way of knowing... Examples include how Colton told about his Grandfather, his second older sister (who was miscarried), and a whole bunch of details about heaven that a child his age would not have any knowledge of even with the background of church, Sunday School, and being a pastor's kid.

As I said, I was skeptical from the beginning, but I really appreciate how this book was written. I think that anyone can find encouragement within its pages and I heartily recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, Nov. 8 2011
After reading Heaven is For Real, I was really excited to read and review Heaven Is For Real for Kids. I was not disappointed. Not only is the writing wonderful and easy to understand for children, but the illustrations are gorgeous. The paintings are inspirational and make it easy to imagine what heaven is like.
I give this book 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Heaven Is for Real- An Honest Review, Nov. 23 2010
atanali "-Atanali-" (Ont. Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review may be a little...different. It has taken me a while, because after reading this book, I sat back and thought about it. What do I say, and more importantly, what do I believe?

Summary: This book is intended as a true account of a boy who visited heaven, as told by his father and a co-writer, Lynn Vincent.

Writing and Theme: The book is largely written as an account of Colton Burpo, who claims his spirit left his body and went to heaven while he was in a serious operation at the hospital. Over time, he tells of his experiences in heaven with Jesus and other people from history.
I would rather that the father had been the only author, as since this is to be a true account, it is a crucial point to this book's integrity. As there is a co-author, it's hard to tell if she "spiced things up". The work itself is fairly well written, and keeps your attention.

Theological and Topical Points: This is where it gets hard. First, I'll look at it from the skeptical point of view.
Does God really let people see heaven? To be honest, I don't know. In the Bible there are accounts of people going to heaven without physically dying, but they never returned.
In this age and nation, we need to consider other elements. Please don't take offense, but these questions unfortunately have to be asked. Is the boy a pathological liar? Is the father a pathological liar? Is he using his son to be published? Is he using his son to gain fame? Did he omit details and/or explanations for this said miracle, making it to appear in favor of a miracle and in turn, Christianity? How much profit will this book bring the Burpos and their ministry?
I know, it sounds awful, but with all the stories and scams that fly around nowadays, these questions must be asked.
Now from a different point of view, this book is quite inspirational. It provides encouragement and comfort for us, and in that respect, I would recommend reading it. I enjoyed the whole book, and only after did I start to ask questions. But whether this book is true or not, it is a beautiful story. I am not telling you to take it as truth, but maybe view it as a possible miracle. To be sure, it should encourage your faith, and make you search deeper as to how strong your faith is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, March 24 2013
This is a very convincing, real and easy-to-read account of a little boy's experience in heaven. If you have any doubts about the existence of God or the afterlife, you won't after reading this. For those who need convincing or for those who just want confirmation or strengthening of what the already know, this is a must read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Heaven is for Real, Feb. 26 2013
It's an encouragement to anyone who many have lost someone they love. Also take any fear away from going to join them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heaven is For Real, Dec 15 2012
anyone who is not sure there is a real heaven needs to read this book. A child tells it like it really is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a believer out of anyone!, Nov. 10 2012
This is such a beautiful book ! So many people of have questions about heaven, well all you have to do is read this book and all your questions will be satisfied!

3.0 out of 5 stars A Narnia -Like Moment, Jan. 8 2012
Ian Gordon Malcomson (Victoria, BC) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Christians are known as followers or disciples of Christ, the only begotten Son of God and very God himself. To take that belief system to the next level so that it becomes a dynamic and earth-changing set of heart-felt convictions requires an act of faith and sometimes a divine miracle or two to seal the deal. Pastor Burpo, in 'Heaven is for Real' offers us his personal proof that God, Jesus, and the heavenly angels really exist as reported in the Bible. His story is broken into two parts: one entails an incredible chain of events that defines a year in the life of the Burpo family as they contended with life-threatening adversities involving Todd and his son; the other equally incredible aftermath when young Coulton started to share his experiences of his illness. From the evidence, it appears that the young lad was caught up in an out-of-body translation that took him up to heaven for a short spell. There he was shown some unbelievably marvellous sights that confirm that God has prepared a wonderfully happy place for His children. While I equate this book with 'The Shack' in terms of its emotional impact and possible insights into the spiritual or supernatural realm, I certainly do not endorse it as as incontrovertible truth that God exists. Like the Burpos of Colorado, such intriguing events as described in Coulton's life may embolden our belief in the miraculous but we still have to walk by faith if we are to trust implicitly what God has promised us in His Word, which continues, for the most part, to be a strong point in the daily life of their family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting Book, April 7 2012
I read this book as a believer in Jesus Christ as my Saviour and Lord. When I began reading Heaven is for Real, I could not put it down until I finished it. It is such an encouraging and revealing book that every person, whether a believer in Christ or not, should take the time to read it. It is a RIVETING book and will open up new thoughts even for a non-believer or a questioning person. I pray Holy Spirit will draw every person on earth to read this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars So Simple, Yet Profound, Aug. 17 2013
Reading about Heaven, as seen through the eyes of a three year old... what a powerful story! I would recommend this book to any Christian who wants to be encouraged about life after death. Simple. Moving. True.

ARRAY(0xb532db40)

Heaven is for Real  Deluxe Edition: A Little Boys Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back
CDN$ 23.99 CDN$ 17.51