Published on April 17 2011 by Kid.Canada

3.0 out of 5 stars 17 Day Diet
Learned a few good things from this book. Am always looking for some good solutions to keeping fit and this will help
Published 16 months ago by Virginia J. Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're committed for following the program, you will drop pounds fast!, April 17 2011
I purchased this book on the suggestion of a friend. I'm a 28 yr old male, 5'10" and started at 251lbs. Clearly I had a lot of weight to lose and it was time to stop putting it off. The program consists of three-17-day cycles followed by a maintenance plan. The first cycle is clearly the hardest and is somewhat of a cleanse, although the ability to eat unlimited veggies and lean meats meant that this isn't your typical starvation/crash diet.

I will admit, the first two days were rough. Even though I was eating tons of chicken and turkey, I had hunger sensations for about 48-hrs. After that my body adjusted and it was very easy to stick to the diet. My wife and I both committed to following the program to a tee, and it helped that we had each other to keep each other honest and not cheat. To be honest, once I saw how quickly the pounds started falling off, no craving could overcome my desire to reach my goal.

I am currently on cycle 2 and 21 days into the diet. I've lost 19lbs and it's noticeable on my face and waistline. I have tons more energy and I'm enjoying life more than I used to. In those 21- days, I haven't even stepped foot in a gym, just 17min of walking a day. The only downside is that now when I put a suit on for work in the morning, I look like a child wearing his father's clothes.

Buy the book, don't make excuses as to why you can't give up certain foods for a month, and watch the pounds fly off. It works, it's done in a healthy and safe manner, and you won't regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome book, April 16 2011
This book was great and wasn't all that hard to start or follow, the first 17 days I lost 15 pounds and after a few days I didn't really miss all that gross food, I was putting into my body.

5.0 out of 5 stars Try it, it really works, Aug. 29 2011
I am a mother of 3 and I have found myself relly overweight. I purchased this book hoping it would work. I am only on day 7 and I have already lost 9lbs. At times it is very hard to resist temptation, but when you see the scale going down, down, down, you really don't want to see it go back up. So sticking to it is really not that hard. I am excited to keep losing, the end result will be way better than all the sweets I can't have right now. I HIGHLY reccomend this book. I also purchased the work book, I like that too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recovering Carbaholic, May 15 2011
My sister started this plan about 3 weeks before we did....and, at her encouragement, I ordered the book. For the past year, I have changed the way I eat, made exercise a part of my life, and I lost 25lbs.....then I plateaued. My husband and I are now halfway through the 2nd cycle.....we feel great! I've lost just over 10lbs, and my husband's heartburn has all but disappeared.
The plan is easy to follow, most of the food is easy to find, and there's plenty of room for substitution to tailor it to your needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its working!!!, April 12 2011
Love the diet - down 12 pounds in 3 weeks - Only issue with the book is that there are a few points that are unclear or wishy washy, which leaves room for guessing. The power cookie cost alot of money initially for the ingredients, however, it is the BEST cookie I have ever eaten, and now on Cycle 2, I am looking forward to every other day just to eat that delicious cookie. I feel great, husband is noticing my weight loss, and I have 12 more to go!!! Been more than a year that I could not lose a pound, I am not a huge eater, just was eating the wrong mixture of foods - I can't believe it, but its working!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, Jan. 4 2014
It is an excellent, and easy book to follow. I would recommend it to anyone who has has challenges loosing weight before. It really works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finest book on your diet, in the world, period, Nov. 12 2013
I will not waste time spouting accolades or regurgitating what others have said. I will simply state facts. My wife and I followed this diet, and lost 65 and 48 pounds respectively. My friends all started it, and each has a success story. It's bizarre...all of us are thinner. We are all different looking people, happier, healthier, smiling more...and all living longer now. This man should win the noble prize.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost 10lbs in 12 days!!, Nov. 1 2013
Not a big fan of diets, but this is more of a lifestyle change and a re-setting of your metabolism. Found it so easy to follow, enough of a variety of foods, and some really yummy recipes. Helped me to change my overall thinking about the food I put in my body.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works, June 26 2013
I borrowed this book from a friend, tried it, lost 20 pounds in 4 weeks, and bought the book to have as a reference for future use, which I have done on occasion. Easy to follow diet plan, you can eat what you what in each cycle, no calorie counting. For someone who has tried many different plans, this is the first one that works. While it seems to be written for women, and I (a man) am no fan of salads, I still managed to keep full and tried some of the recipes suggested. It is now 3 months since I finished, and the weight has stayed off, in fact I am done an additional couple of pounds by just following the maintenance cycle. The easiest diet plan I have tried, and it works!

3.0 out of 5 stars 17 Day Diet, March 17 2013
Virginia J. Hill (Calgary Canada) - See all my reviews

17 Day Diet
17 Day Diet by Mike Moreno (Paperback - April 14 2011)
Used & New from: CDN$ 4.75