Published on April 17 2011 by Kid.Canada

3.0 out of 5 stars 17 Day Diet
Learned a few good things from this book. Am always looking for some good solutions to keeping fit and this will help
Published 13 months ago by Virginia J. Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're committed for following the program, you will drop pounds fast!, April 17 2011
I purchased this book on the suggestion of a friend. I'm a 28 yr old male, 5'10" and started at 251lbs. Clearly I had a lot of weight to lose and it was time to stop putting it off. The program consists of three-17-day cycles followed by a maintenance plan. The first cycle is clearly the hardest and is somewhat of a cleanse, although the ability to eat unlimited veggies and lean meats meant that this isn't your typical starvation/crash diet.

I will admit, the first two days were rough. Even though I was eating tons of chicken and turkey, I had hunger sensations for about 48-hrs. After that my body adjusted and it was very easy to stick to the diet. My wife and I both committed to following the program to a tee, and it helped that we had each other to keep each other honest and not cheat. To be honest, once I saw how quickly the pounds started falling off, no craving could overcome my desire to reach my goal.

I am currently on cycle 2 and 21 days into the diet. I've lost 19lbs and it's noticeable on my face and waistline. I have tons more energy and I'm enjoying life more than I used to. In those 21- days, I haven't even stepped foot in a gym, just 17min of walking a day. The only downside is that now when I put a suit on for work in the morning, I look like a child wearing his father's clothes.

Buy the book, don't make excuses as to why you can't give up certain foods for a month, and watch the pounds fly off. It works, it's done in a healthy and safe manner, and you won't regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome book, April 16 2011
This book was great and wasn't all that hard to start or follow, the first 17 days I lost 15 pounds and after a few days I didn't really miss all that gross food, I was putting into my body.

5.0 out of 5 stars Try it, it really works, Aug. 29 2011
I am a mother of 3 and I have found myself relly overweight. I purchased this book hoping it would work. I am only on day 7 and I have already lost 9lbs. At times it is very hard to resist temptation, but when you see the scale going down, down, down, you really don't want to see it go back up. So sticking to it is really not that hard. I am excited to keep losing, the end result will be way better than all the sweets I can't have right now. I HIGHLY reccomend this book. I also purchased the work book, I like that too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recovering Carbaholic, May 15 2011
My sister started this plan about 3 weeks before we did....and, at her encouragement, I ordered the book. For the past year, I have changed the way I eat, made exercise a part of my life, and I lost 25lbs.....then I plateaued. My husband and I are now halfway through the 2nd cycle.....we feel great! I've lost just over 10lbs, and my husband's heartburn has all but disappeared.
The plan is easy to follow, most of the food is easy to find, and there's plenty of room for substitution to tailor it to your needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its working!!!, April 12 2011
Love the diet - down 12 pounds in 3 weeks - Only issue with the book is that there are a few points that are unclear or wishy washy, which leaves room for guessing. The power cookie cost alot of money initially for the ingredients, however, it is the BEST cookie I have ever eaten, and now on Cycle 2, I am looking forward to every other day just to eat that delicious cookie. I feel great, husband is noticing my weight loss, and I have 12 more to go!!! Been more than a year that I could not lose a pound, I am not a huge eater, just was eating the wrong mixture of foods - I can't believe it, but its working!

3.0 out of 5 stars 17 Day Diet, March 17 2013
Virginia J. Hill (Calgary Canada) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, Nov. 18 2012
I am 25 days into my weight loss, currently on cycle 2. I have lost 26 pounds. I haven't started working out yet, and the weight loss is starting to slow down. Once I start to work out and keep to the meal plans I'm very sure that I will continue to lose weight quickly. I have a lot of weight to lose, the more you have to lose the quicker it comes off.

5.0 out of 5 stars The 17 Day Diet, July 27 2012
Noelville - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I purchased The 17 Day Diet book by Mike Moreno on the recommendation from someone who had previously followed his diet plan. What a great investment!!!! Since ordering and following the diet with great results, I have not only recommended it to others, but have also ordered further copies for family and friends. It is an extremely good read and so very easy to follow. The people I know that are now following his diet, are finding the results they were so desperately looking to achieve. I am happier with my self than I have been in years. Thank you Mike Moreno.

5.0 out of 5 stars 17 Day Diet |Works, July 5 2012
N. Haraldsson (Cobourg, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
I think this diet works because it is not too restrictive. You just have to give up starchy carbs for 17 days and then you can add some back in. It is in 4, 17 day increments so it is not hard to stick with. The fourth one is basically maintainance. I have tried many diets that worked for a while and then were too hard because life gets in the way. People always are trying to encourage you to eat stuff you are trying to avoid. This diet chops it up into short doable stints. I recommend the workbook because it makes you accountable and helps you figure out where there are roadblocks and how to overcome them.

5.0 out of 5 stars 17 days to bliss, March 24 2012
I love this book. Easy to follow diet recommendations. Lost over 12 pounds on the first cycle. I am so much healthier and feel great.

ARRAY(0xb3649aa4)

17 Day Diet
17 Day Diet by Mike Moreno (Paperback - April 14 2011)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.77