countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

on April 17, 2011
I purchased this book on the suggestion of a friend. I'm a 28 yr old male, 5'10" and started at 251lbs. Clearly I had a lot of weight to lose and it was time to stop putting it off. The program consists of three-17-day cycles followed by a maintenance plan. The first cycle is clearly the hardest and is somewhat of a cleanse, although the ability to eat unlimited veggies and lean meats meant that this isn't your typical starvation/crash diet.

I will admit, the first two days were rough. Even though I was eating tons of chicken and turkey, I had hunger sensations for about 48-hrs. After that my body adjusted and it was very easy to stick to the diet. My wife and I both committed to following the program to a tee, and it helped that we had each other to keep each other honest and not cheat. To be honest, once I saw how quickly the pounds started falling off, no craving could overcome my desire to reach my goal.

I am currently on cycle 2 and 21 days into the diet. I've lost 19lbs and it's noticeable on my face and waistline. I have tons more energy and I'm enjoying life more than I used to. In those 21- days, I haven't even stepped foot in a gym, just 17min of walking a day. The only downside is that now when I put a suit on for work in the morning, I look like a child wearing his father's clothes.

Buy the book, don't make excuses as to why you can't give up certain foods for a month, and watch the pounds fly off. It works, it's done in a healthy and safe manner, and you won't regret it!
on April 16, 2011
This book was great and wasn't all that hard to start or follow, the first 17 days I lost 15 pounds and after a few days I didn't really miss all that gross food, I was putting into my body.
on April 18, 2011
My last 10 pounds have been hard to lose before the 17 day diet. Now the weight is melting away!
on February 3, 2012
A friend of mine has been on this plan for over a year and lost 50 lbs! She looks and feels great and found this plan simple to stick with. I bought the book and lean on her for motivation, it's like she's my diet sponsor. The plan is simple and makes sense. I know that when I eliminate "white stuff/certain carbs" from my diet, I can lose weight. They big thing for me is to have plenty of cooked chicken breasts in the freezer and when I feel hungry, I eat one of those (I actually cut each big breast in 3 long fingers before cooking). I also like Dr. Mike's hunger guage... with 1 being, I'm kind of hungry and 2 being, I could eat my own arm off! He says, eat during level 1. If you wait until you are at level 2 you could fall into wrong choices or overeating.
This is a plan you could do long term and by that, I mean lifetime. Note, you will have to set some time aside for food prep if you are normally away from home. I have not had any processed or packaged food since I started. Go-to food in restaurant? Big salad with O&V dressing and chicken breast.
on July 5, 2012
I think this diet works because it is not too restrictive. You just have to give up starchy carbs for 17 days and then you can add some back in. It is in 4, 17 day increments so it is not hard to stick with. The fourth one is basically maintainance. I have tried many diets that worked for a while and then were too hard because life gets in the way. People always are trying to encourage you to eat stuff you are trying to avoid. This diet chops it up into short doable stints. I recommend the workbook because it makes you accountable and helps you figure out where there are roadblocks and how to overcome them.
on May 29, 2011
I didn't think this diet would work like many others but fortunately it does.I have great results since 1 month on it and I am continuing for an other month.I should reach my goal by then.Thank you Dr. Moreno
on June 26, 2013
I borrowed this book from a friend, tried it, lost 20 pounds in 4 weeks, and bought the book to have as a reference for future use, which I have done on occasion. Easy to follow diet plan, you can eat what you what in each cycle, no calorie counting. For someone who has tried many different plans, this is the first one that works. While it seems to be written for women, and I (a man) am no fan of salads, I still managed to keep full and tried some of the recipes suggested. It is now 3 months since I finished, and the weight has stayed off, in fact I am done an additional couple of pounds by just following the maintenance cycle. The easiest diet plan I have tried, and it works!
on August 19, 2011
My husband and i decided we needed to lose some weight. after seeing this diet on dr. phil, we decided to try it. we bought the book, and began the diet. we love it. you eat real food that you buy at the grocery store, and as of today(day 20 on the diet), i have lost 16 lbs! the great th ing is that unlike other diets, this one is sustainable. it teaches you to eat properly, and once you lose the weight, creates a workable diet tha t you can live on and not feel deprived. we are totally satisfied with this product.
on July 25, 2011
Great book, has helped me loose about 5 pounds so far, putting my total to 100. I didnt really expect the rapid results it promiced as I had already lost so much, but it has def helped me get back on track, give my body a little bit of change, and made me conscious of what I am eating again. I would recommend it to anyone just starting there wieght losss, or someone who is in need of a little reminder or some new ideas:)
on April 12, 2011
Love the diet - down 12 pounds in 3 weeks - Only issue with the book is that there are a few points that are unclear or wishy washy, which leaves room for guessing. The power cookie cost alot of money initially for the ingredients, however, it is the BEST cookie I have ever eaten, and now on Cycle 2, I am looking forward to every other day just to eat that delicious cookie. I feel great, husband is noticing my weight loss, and I have 12 more to go!!! Been more than a year that I could not lose a pound, I am not a huge eater, just was eating the wrong mixture of foods - I can't believe it, but its working!