5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the beginner, enough technical, great instructions
I am new to doll-making but not paper mache. I found I was moving to dolls and came across this book. It's very good technically and the photos are excellent. The methods are great and well thought out and explained. I have just begun playing with the paper clay product and this gives it a good testimonial. Good job! Also, Ms. Gottilly's dolls are fabulous!
Published on Sept. 5 1999 by Pat Messer

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for Paper MacHe
Published on July 21 2001 by Mona Gracen

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for Paper MacHe, July 21 2001
Mona Gracen (New York State, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dollmaking with Papier Mache and Paper Clay (Paperback)
I'm not really interested in Paper MacHe but I've been a dollmaker for quite some time and am very interested in learning more about Paperclay. There is another book that is supposedly the best for Paperclay - "Sculpting Doll in Paperclay" by Robert McKinley but it's sold out and difficult to find - so I opted for this one. I found this book to be fairly similar in techinique to many other dollmaking books in other media. There wasn't all that much that made it stand apart. I guess if you're very interested in Paper MacHe, then this is the book for you. If you're wanting to learn more about Paperclay techniques, skip this book and look for the one by McKinley instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the beginner, enough technical, great instructions, Sept. 5 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars a delightful and long awaited dollmaking book!, July 30 2001
This review is from: Dollmaking with Papier Mache and Paper Clay (Paperback)
This book is illustrated with many magnificent and easily followed directions. You can really make a doll that is more meaningful then all others because you have made it with your own hands. The authors step by step instructions are so simple to follow! Your finished product is your own masterpiece, thanks to Doris. Bravo, Doris.

5.0 out of 5 stars FABULOUS, GREAT INSTRUCTIONS!!!!, Aug. 2 2001
This review is from: Dollmaking with Papier Mache and Paper Clay (Paperback)
DOLLMAKING WITH PAPIER MACHE & PAPER CLAY HAS COMPLETELY CHANGED MY IDEA OF HOW TO BOOKS. THIS BOOK IS NOT ONLY HOW TO MAKE DOLL CRAFTS, BUT HAS OTHER BRIGHT & BEAUTIFUL CREATIONS TO MAKE; SUCH AS A LARGE 26" RABBIT & AN ADORABLE GOAT.COMPLETE,EASY TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS ARE GIVEN. I LOVE THIS BOOK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reference book, Jan. 4 2002
Hank's Mom (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dollmaking with Papier Mache and Paper Clay (Paperback)
This book is an excellent reference source for working in papier mache and paper clay. The photos and instructions are very detailed. I have recommended this book many times and bought it as a gift. Beautiful photos and lots of inspiration.

Dollmaking with Papier Mache and Paper Clay
Dollmaking with Papier Mache and Paper Clay by Doris Rockwell Gottilly (Paperback - June 26 1998)
Used & New from: CDN$ 27.59