5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book to ease separation and explain love!
Published on Dec 3 2003 by Rebecca Whitecotton

2.0 out of 5 stars Average book
The idea behind the book is nice but it doesn't impress. My daughter can't relate to it as well as she can to other books like "the Kissing Hand".
Published on March 30 2011 by Michelle

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book to ease separation and explain love!, Dec 3 2003
This review is from: The Invisible String (Hardcover)
The Invisible String is THE most requested book in our house, and has held this status for quite some time. The book was a lifesaver for our family when my husband was deployed for a year with the Air Force. The description of how people are connected by love over long distances is so well done and understandable that it helped my 3-year-old and 5-year-old know that they were still connected to their dad even though they couldn't see him. It sparked a nightly ritual of "pulling Dad's strings," and we could feel him pulling back. I recommend this book highly for any family that finds themselves separated from each other for any reason, and I think it should be standard issue to the families of any deployed military personnel. You won't regret buying this one -- in fact, you should buy two so you can give one as a gift!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story about love, Jan. 22 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The Invisible String (Hardcover)
This book is good for small children as well as those up to about 9 or 10. Expresses that distance and even death do not seperate those we love and who love us. Great if you or someone close to you are moving or if a loved one dies to explain how love works at a distance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just a children's picture book!, Nov. 18 2002
Laura K. DeMeuse (Green Bay, Wisconsin United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Invisible String (Hardcover)
Although this book is meant to be read to children, I have given it as a gift to all of my closest friends and family members as a way to say "I'm so gald we're connected!" I also used its basic message to reassure my daughter that even though she was going off to all-day kindergarten, we would still be connected by our invisible strings. This is a very heart-warming story with a bigger message than appears on the surface.

5.0 out of 5 stars They were very close to "Papa" and were sad they would never see him again, Dec 7 2014
This review is from: The Invisible String (Hardcover)
This book was very helpful for my children, ages 4 and 5, after their grandfather unexpectedly passed away in September 2014. They were very close to "Papa" and were sad they would never see him again. I use the "invisible string" to remind them they will always have a connection to him and he to them. They get comfort from this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book for kids with any type of separation anxiety, Dec 11 2014
This review is from: The Invisible String (Hardcover)
This is a wonderful book. It has really helped my kids feel like they are always with the knes they love - regardless of where they are in this world (or beyond). We read it almost nightly and I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet book, Feb. 13 2014
This review is from: The Invisible String (Hardcover)
Great for the first day of school for little ones. Its a lovely story that helps children to feel that no matter where they go they are safe and loved. Will definitely read it to my kinders every year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, Jan. 2 2014
This review is from: The Invisible String (Hardcover)
My daughter loves this book. When she goes to her dads house she talks about how her invisible string is pulling and how she is pulling mine. It gave her the words for some hard feelings.

5.0 out of 5 stars When a child is moving on........., Sept. 4 2011
This review is from: The Invisible String (Hardcover)
As a foster parent, I see many children come and go from my home. They may go back to their family or be adopted by another family. This book is a great way to let them know that they will always be connected to us and anyone that they have met while living with us, as well as the family they lived with before we met them. No matter where the child goes, or where they have come from, they are connected to everyone they have met!! I have sent a copy of this book with the child when they move on from living with us.

5.0 out of 5 stars faboulous!, Dec 8 2014
Simple and lovely way to talk about conection with kids.
Also good one to talk about losses.
Geni wolf

Brasil

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book For Understanding Relationships, Aug. 21 2009
This review is from: The Invisible String (Hardcover)
Great book for helping children understand that no matter where we are, we are still connected to our loved ones!

The Invisible String
The Invisible String by PATRICE KARST (Hardcover - April 1 2000)
CDN$ 19.35 CDN$ 12.96