5.0 out of 5 stars inspiring & practical
I enjoyed the inspirational aspect of Joan's successes and overcoming injury to achieve those successes. This book also motivated me to train harder and use Joan's advice and training programs. She shows us how to balance training with life and be successful in all of it! I highly recommend it to inspire you and take your training to higher levels.
Published on Dec 11 2002 by Rae Ann Darling Reed

2.0 out of 5 stars a disappointment
Published on Nov. 18 2001 by Reader Writer

5.0 out of 5 stars inspiring & practical, Dec 11 2002
Rae Ann Darling Reed "RunnerGirl.com" (RunnerGirl.com, United States) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars A variety of resources, Nov. 15 2002
John Drew (Concord, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: JOAN BENOIT SAMUEELSONS RUN WMN P (Paperback)
I've found this book to be an excellent basic resource for female runners. I often give it as a gift to runners that I coach, since Samuelson's advice is wonderfully balanced about running and life. While others find it a problem that training advice is mixed with autobiographical info, I found it neither too dry nor too anecdotal. There aren't many good books about women's running--this is one of the best!

1.0 out of 5 stars All about Joan, Nov. 29 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: JOAN BENOIT SAMUEELSONS RUN WMN P (Paperback)
After having read other books on women's running, I had high hopes for this one. Unfortunately my hopes were quickly diminished. This book seemed to be all about Joan and what she did to become an olympic champion. This may be good autobiographical material but as a guide to starting a running program this book flounders. Not many people starting out are capable of having knee surgery and running a race shortly thereafter. What little useful information was provided seemed impractical and laden with disclaimers such as, just because Joan did this doesn't mean that everyone can, etc. I wanted to read a book that would give me pointers in starting and maintaining a running program, not Joan's life story.

2.0 out of 5 stars a disappointment, Nov. 18 2001
Reader Writer (Portland, OR United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: JOAN BENOIT SAMUEELSONS RUN WMN P (Paperback)
Unfortunately, Samuelson's writing skills are far less inspiring that her gold medal win of the first women's Olympic marathon. Her co-writer does little to add clarity and excitment to the work and, instead, just muddies the waters further (the two of them continually alternate writing, switching from the first to third person with no clear segues). Even the information it delivers is old news (advice such as: ibuprofen relieves menstrul cramps). There are so many better instructional books about running.

4.0 out of 5 stars On Joan Samuelson's book - Running for Women, June 29 2000
Terri Gorden (Greenfield, IN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: JOAN BENOIT SAMUEELSONS RUN WMN P (Paperback)
An excellent reference resource for women runners.
Also, an easy and enjoyable read!

ARRAY(0xacac266c)

JOAN BENOIT SAMUEELSONS RUN WMN P
JOAN BENOIT SAMUEELSONS RUN WMN P by Samuelson Samuelson (Paperback - April 28 1995)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01