5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the Best!
This book has been a life-saver for me as a new school counselor. It addresses many social skills issues which need to be addressed in the elementary school setting. It includes everything from how to make and keep friends, to anger, self-control and everything in between. Really a great resource!!
Published on April 29 2002

2.0 out of 5 stars Strictly Junior High material
These social skills' lessons are much better suited to the level of junior high or even lower. My high school students did not respond to these activities and thus the title's suggestion (grade 7-12) is misleading. I will not try these activities again with my grade nine students.
Published on Oct. 13 2003

2.0 out of 5 stars Strictly Junior High material, Oct. 13 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the Best!, April 29 2002

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Use, Aug. 1 2001
By A Customer
This is a hands-on approach to teaching kids social skills. It has all those great lessons I never can think of when the time is right.
All papers and materials are easy to use and the activities are worth investing the time in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ready-To-Use Social Skills Lessons & Activities for Grades 7, April 26 2000
This book is a great resource for teachers, administrators, and parents! It offers activities that strengthen teenagers social skills with concentration in communication, responsibility, respect, and many others. The students I used it with thought that the activities were "fun" and worked when they needed the skills the most. I would recommend this book to all who work with teenagers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful and actually helped my son with social skills, July 11 1999
By A Customer
This book is a series of lessons that teach different social skills. Although it's set up for a classroom setting, I've been doing them with my 8 year old son. I have been very pleased with the change I've seen in his behavior from doing these lessons at home. The book is very easy for follow for a non-educator such as myself and most importantly, it's effective!

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful asset for any teacher or parent, April 19 1999
By A Customer
This is very user friendly and is set out in lessons with the objective listed, the need for the lesson, introduction, skill components, rehearsal of behavior or skill and then practice and continuation of skill. It has reproducable worksheets for most lessons. I am the parent of an autistic child. I have a legal background not an education teaching degree but this is layed out so it will be very easy to implement. It would also be a great assest for any classroom to promote classroom unity and awareness of others. This would also be helpful for Sunday school classes where the teachers are often local volunteers. I may go back and get the grade K-3 book as well.

Ready-to-Use Social Skills Lessons & Activities for Grades 4 - 6
Ready-to-Use Social Skills Lessons & Activities for Grades 4 - 6 by Ruth Weltmann Begun (Paperback - July 27 1998)
CDN$ 37.99 CDN$ 23.82