5.0 out of 5 stars This makes complete sense of the voice.
I have been working in the field of voice training for nearly 4 years now. This book remains a constant companion of mine which I have read and re-read. I strongly recommend it to anyone who is interested in developing their own vocal freedom.
Published on Oct. 22 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars round and round
Published on Jan. 26 2001 by Tom Patterson

5.0 out of 5 stars This makes complete sense of the voice., Oct. 22 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: The Right to Speak: Working with the Voice (Paperback)
Once you have read The Right To Speak you will find it very difficult to ever listen to or view speech in quite the same light again.
If you know anyone who still believes that the only way to speak is to "speak properly", you need to buy them a copy of this book right away. The myth of the correct voice is truly exploded by Rodenburg as she "unpacks the box" in this book.
Read this book and discover both your expressive voice and your expressive self.

2.0 out of 5 stars round and round, Jan. 26 2001
Tom Patterson (West Kingston, RI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Right to Speak: Working with the Voice (Paperback)
I was looking for a book which would give me several practical exercises to help improve the quality of my voice. I found the book poorly organized and the exercises do not come until 3/4 of the way through the book. It is not that clear which exercises to start with and the exercises refer back to philisophical points made in the first 180 pages. I did not want to have to wade through pages and pages of discussion about the voice and simply wanted a "how to."
This book is good if you are very interested in the subject of voice training and want to spend a lot of time thinking and reading about the voice. The exercises make up only one chapter, and there are not diagrams, or pictures for learners who are more visually oriented.

3.0 out of 5 stars Content is Magnificent. eBook is Disappointing., July 17 2013
I hate to give this book such a low review because the content that Patsy Rodenburg supplies is top notch. She is a brilliant fore-runner in her field and this book is a permanent part of my collection.

My issue is with the eBook format being chock full of spelling and grammatical errors. Whatever program they used to import and convert the original text wasn't very good and it's clear that nobody proofread it because some of the errors were grave enough to impede comprehension, which was disappointing since I was really into the content.

Please, please, PLEASE fix this. In the meantime, I'm going to be looking for a physical copy to replace my digital one.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Right to Speak, Feb. 27 2010
J. Haywood "JSH" (New Brunswick, Canada) - See all my reviews
My book arrived quickly and in great shape. I would definitely buy from this seller again...no issues whatsoever!
Thanks!

1.0 out of 5 stars a mess, May 4 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: The Right to Speak: Working with the Voice (Paperback)
A lot of gobbledy gook. Sounds like the author wants to be a therapist. 3/4 of the book is psycho babble. Exercises are not helpful. A waste of money.

The Right to Speak: Working with the Voice
The Right to Speak: Working with the Voice by Patsy Rodenburg (Paperback - June 14 1993)
CDN$ 45.61 CDN$ 29.24