5.0 out of 5 stars Running into middle age and beyond
Published on Dec 26 2011 by John Hellfarth

1.0 out of 5 stars For Seasoned Runners Only
This book is not helpful for people taking up the sport of running for the first time in their 50's. It's aimed at lifelong runners who need to reassess their approach. It doesn't fit will with other books in this series, such as Strength Training Past 50, which is perfect for beginners.
Published on April 22 2002 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Running into middle age and beyond, Dec 26 2011
John Hellfarth (Victoria, BC Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Running Past 50 (Paperback)
The author's introduction describes this book's target audience as runners that are now entering middle age, which he defines as past 50 years old. As I am 50 and have been a runner since I was 7 years old I have been looking for advice to keep me going. This book is the best I've found so far. Others by famous American runners and writers are very negative about their decline in running performance with too many descriptions of how running in their 20's and 30's was so much easier. They are depressing to read. This book is positive and not only provides many encouraging anecdotes of master's running but also describes how to become one of those encouraging anecdotes yourself. A classic published in 1998 and still the best I've found for not only keeping the mileage up but also increasing it joyfully.

1.0 out of 5 stars For Seasoned Runners Only, April 22 2002
Amazon Customer "sreal10" (South Salem, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Running Past 50 (Paperback)

ARRAY(0xb150aaf8)

Running Past 50
Running Past 50 by Richard Benyo (Paperback - March 10 1998)
CDN$ 25.95 CDN$ 20.76