march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis sports Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Tools Family

on August 10, 2003
If you are into typography and care about little details when laying out a design, this book is perfect for you. The author clearly explains, down to the finest details, the use of typographic elements. The tone of the author might sound somewhat strict and commanding, but the knowledge that Bringhurst has to share is with no doubt classic, and leads to great typographic solutions.
on October 31, 2002
I love this book. As a book editor, I searched high and low for a book that explained the principles behind typographic selection, and that's exactly what this book is. I didn't want some light or airy introduction to type: I already had a fine aesthetic sense. I wanted to know how to talk about type, and this book gave me the vocabulary and concepts to do so intelligently.
on October 31, 2002
on August 8, 2001
Bringhurst gets at the heart of typography as an expressive medium. The work does not focus right or wrong, but poses reasons why one might make one choice over another.
I think this may be the best book for someone just learning about typography to start with. At the same time, it is insightful for those with more experience.
on December 17, 2003
This book has shaken my passion for type and design. It is inspiring, simple and educational. Either if you have a long life experience in design, or if you are just discovering the love for the written letters... You will keep it handy either way. It is really great and up to date!
on January 15, 1998
Probably the best book on typography. Packed with useful information written in a clear flowing style. If you are involved in type design, typesetting or web page design, then this book should be on your shelf. Even the paper the book is printed on is beautiful quality stuff! ;-)
on January 28, 2004
I read the reviews here, so I decided to buy it. It is a GREAT investment. Not only it is instructive, a serious reference book, but it is also a pleasure to read. It has turn my typography passion all new again! Good for young/veteran designers, and whoever loves design.
on April 7, 1998
Robert Bringhurst's book must be the first word on typography and deserves to be the last. He writes with a humanist's sensitivity to history, a mathematician's devotion to order and number, and an artist's love of beauty. I cannot imagine a better book.
on August 9, 2000
A designer not having this book is like a writer not having a dictionary. Or maybe as severe as a Priest not having a Bible.
I could go on but the other reviews cover it very well. Just get it. You will not be disappointed.
on November 17, 2003
This was the recommended book for my typography class and I must say it was well worth it. Leading by example, it's a beautiful piece, and it's truly invaluble as a guide to typography enthusiasts - beginners and experts alike.