march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage scflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Format: Paperback|Change

on March 18, 2000
This is an absolutely wonderful book. It is historically acurate, interesting and very well written. Reading the trials and hardships Rosetta must go through to find her adopted sister that she loves so much makes you never want to put this book down. I loved this book, for more reasons than one! It's twists in the plot give it definition and color. Go out and get this book, it is definately worth it!
on October 25, 1997
Linda Holeman has done it again with this young adult book. With the story of Rosetta she brings you back in time to an era when children were used and not enjoyed. You feel for Rosetta and urge her on in the hope of finding her sister who was unceremoniously delivered to a new family leaving Rosetta crying in the street. A book well written and savoured.
on February 9, 2016
Didn't realize this was for a young reader...bought it to read on the plane.i love the other books by this author but wasn't aware she also writes fir young readers!....I may read it anyway!
on December 14, 1999
Rosetta and her younger sister, Flora, were sent to Canada from an English orphanage. They dreamed of a loving family, but when this does not happen Rosetta endures cruelty, love, hatred, and happiness to get back what is left of her family. This book makes me appreciate my family, even when I am mad at them. It also shows me that being an orphan does not let you do whatever you want and that others will try to stop you from reaching your goal.
on June 13, 1999
first of all i want to thank my friend Amy for lending me this book.I think we should all follow her good advice on reading this book.It was absolutely brilliant.I would reccemond this book to ages over 10.
on May 20, 1999
This book was the best I have read and I could not put it down. I would advise it for over 10.So GO OUT ANDGET IT!!!!!