5.0 out of 5 stars The book I wish I could write
Published on Dec 24 2011 by J. Teal

1.0 out of 5 stars I kept waiting....
I kept waiting for this book to pick up but it never did. Ater describing and setting the stage for the main character's angst, the end is anti-climactic and the character seems blase about the whole thing. I had a hard time finishing it and found it lacking.
Published 11 months ago by Miranda

5.0 out of 5 stars The book I wish I could write, Dec 24 2011
J. Teal (Vancouver, BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Antagonist (Hardcover)
The beauty of this book is the internal dialogue and cadence. It is simply the best book I've read in the last two years. Unfortunately, it took me a LONG time to pick it up because the cover art did not speak to me at all. LUCKILY, I read several reviews by writers I admire - those compelled me to purchase. I am so glad I took their advice. Its taking me a long time to finish this book because I keep re-reading sentences! If you know quality writing, you must MUST read this book.

1.0 out of 5 stars I kept waiting...., Jan. 12 2014
Miranda (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Antagonist (Kindle Edition)

1.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't finish it..., Nov. 30 2011
This review is from: The Antagonist (Hardcover)
I gave this novel an honest try - but found it so incredibly boring & fictional.

I had an extremely difficult time getting over the narrator's whiny tone. But what really convinced me to stop reading was when I realized the narrator was a 40-some year old with obvious "daddy-issues", who spoke like he was still 15.

Completely unrealistic tone & there was nothing that drew me in to entice me to read more.

The Antagonist
The Antagonist by Lynn Coady (Hardcover - Sept. 3 2011)
CDN$ 32.95 CDN$ 20.76