biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on June 24, 2007
I didn't enjoy this book at all, although I did get through it. Edmonton has chosen it as the first book in their "Edmonton Reads" campaign, and I don't think it was a good choice at all. Is war a reality, yes, but does a whole city have to read such a dark novel, with such violent brutality and sexual brutality to comprehend the effects of war?
I couldn't identify or sympathize with the characters at all, and I wish the glossary in the back was somehow pointed out at the beginning, because then maybe more of it would have made sense.
I read a lot - fiction, non-fiction and this was one of my least favourite books of late. Everyone seems to be raving about this book, but it certainly wasn't worth it for me.
0Comment6 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse