5.0 out of 5 stars Open your eyes to the world of dinosaurs
Published on Jan. 6 2010 by Canadianladybug

1.0 out of 5 stars Scientific content? What scientific content?!
First a bit of background: Ken Ham is the founder of Answers in Genesis, a creationist Christian ministry.

This book is full of half-truths and skewed scientific facts. If you have any desire for your children to think with an open mind and accept or reject scientific ideas based on evidence, don't bother with this book.
Published on Feb. 11 2010 by Pumpkinhead Dave

5.0 out of 5 stars Open your eyes to the world of dinosaurs, Jan. 6 2010
Canadianladybug "Canadianladybug" (Ottawa, ON, CANADA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Dinosaurs for Kids (Hardcover)
Dinosaurs... Do you know a boy who doesn't like these creatures? I have three boys who love to watch, read or play with anything dinosaurs. We have Ice Age (the three of them), Disney Dinosaurs movie, dinosaurs toys (noisy one, Playmobil, Legos,...), and books. So when I got the opportunity to review Dinosaurs for Kids I requested it and waited patiently for it. This book is quite different than the other ones we owned. We do have a dinosaurs book that is Christian based but this new book is above and beyond what I was expecting.
Recently, my husband took in his hands to make me watch the Jurassic Park movies. Believe it or not, I had not seen these movies yet! So far we watched the first two and I still have the third one to watch. Mind you I totally realized that some information in the movies is inadequate but just to see the dinosaurs are worth it. I find them well done and it gives you an idea of what dinosaurs might have looked like.
To get the facts straightened up about the dinosaurs, the book Dinosaurs for Kids is a great resource! Ken Ham takes the time to present both belief systems; evolution and creation. He also points the reasons why evolution is not accurate. The sections of the book are divided in ages - formed, fearless, fallen, flood, faded, found and fiction. Each section contains tons of information that any child (and adult) will find quite interesting. Also included in the sections are scriptures and beautiful artwork to illustrate the text.
We have been reading this book together while we sit on the couch. We snuggle together and go through the pages. We learn together about the dinosaurs and the kids love it. Recently, during a sitting, the kids wanted to get their own dinosaurs while I read it. So off they went to grab the dinosaurs (Rudy from Ice Age 3, the Lego ones, as well as the T-Rex that growls and move). It was fun. We are not done with the book and I look forward to discover what else we can learn from Dinosaurs for Kids.
Personally I think that this book is not only for kids. Adults will enjoy it too. Back in December, during the birthday party of my daughter, I found my father-in-law in deep reading in the book. I asked him what he thought about it and he said "It is very interesting. I like it a lot." *grin* All this confirm that this wonderful book is not only for kids but for adults too!

1.0 out of 5 stars Scientific content? What scientific content?!, Feb. 11 2010
This review is from: Dinosaurs for Kids (Hardcover)

Dinosaurs for Kids
Dinosaurs for Kids by Ken Ham (Hardcover - Oct. 1 2009)
Used & New from: CDN$ 9.90