5.0 out of 5 stars PerfectForDaydreamingAndAllYourRandomGoofinessThoughts
Published on Aug. 18 2000 by erikawithak

3.0 out of 5 stars Pages not thick enough
Published on April 3 2002

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars PerfectForDaydreamingAndAllYourRandomGoofinessThoughts, Aug. 18 2000
erikawithak (Long Beach, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SARK's Journal and Play! Book: A Place to Dream While Awake (Hardcover)
this is the most fun journal ever, and i love that it's really HUGE. some journals are little, but this one has large pages so you don't have to smush up your writing if it's naturally big and loopy, which maybe sounds silly, but it's really a great thing! sark (for those of you who don't know, because i didn't at first), writes these super-positive "inspirational" books that are really quite darling and unserious. don't worry- her stuff is not at all churchy, and it's not a ultra-feminist-political sort of thing AT ALL. she mostly writes about how life can be this exciting adventure- full of whimsy and laughter and relaxiness. in the journal, she sprinkles little words of happiness about the borders of the pages that sorta give you a starting point to write about various topics, but the great thing is that she also gives you plenty of completely blank pages to do your own thing... to color or doodle or write whatever on. this makes a really uplifting, fantastic gift for teen-ish girls and artsy types of all ages (you know- musicians, actors, writers, painters and all your friends who are prone to giggle-fits and daydreaming and random goofiness) i promise they will love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great way to remember your best childhood memories., June 28 1997
By A Customer
Sark's Playbook is an interactive book--great for Internet surfers.

I like to think of myself as a creative thinker, but little did I know how regimented I am until I started working my way through this book.

The playbook gives you freedom to do things you wouldn't normally do and to think of things you've long since forgotten or forced yourself to forget.

For example, you're asked to recall your favorite childhood fortress; describe it. Was it blankets draped over furniture and tables? I remembered my fortress when I was about 3 or 4 was my tiny baby blanket. I would curl up into a tiny ball and try to cover myself up completely with this blanket. My mother worked evenings sometimes, and I remember I would go into my "fortress" when she wasn't home.

Are these memories important? I don't know yet. But they make me smile. And I like to come away from a book with a smile.

This book is ultimately about me, or you, or whoever reads it.

I highly recommend it and will give it away to many friends as gifts.

5.0 out of 5 stars You learn more about you!, Jan. 1 1999
By A Customer
SARK's books are inspiring and fun. She is the only author that I know of who inspires you, yet doesn't depress you at the same time.I carry my journal with me. I can't put it down! I have also added pictures and I like to play around with glitter,stickers, puff paint,crayons, markers, everything! I never had a creative bone in my body until I discovered SARK. I am more creative than I thought. Her journal is the fun way of discovering more about yourself.She asks you questions that you normally would not think of asking yourself. She doesn't view life as boring. She views life as an adventure and I love that.I would love to meet her. I don't live too far from where she lives. I also call her inspiration line. It can definitely lift you up on a bad day.I also like SARK's uses of color, and I'm happy that she was able to have her books published in her handwriting. Bold print is so boring!Keep making those books SARK, and I'll keep reading them.

5.0 out of 5 stars PLAY IN THIS BOOK!!, Dec 5 1997
If you want a book that allows you to really express yourself and play games in one single place, and asks you questions that there is no "right" answer to, this is it. It's not really a book you read, it's more of a book you do. Open to any page and engage in the activity it suggests and have fun. It is not just a journal, not a blank book. It's a play book in reality, a plave to express yourself creativly, to feel better and to have a new, better outlook on life and the world around you. I really think this book can pull you out of depression (as it did me), yank you into another, more happy place, and it can make you feel a lot better about things after having somewhere to vent and somewhere to be challenged creativly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get out the markers and crayons..., Feb. 3 2002
because, once you see this book, you'll be dying to buy it and pour yourself all over the pages. As soon as I picked up this book in the store I knew it had to go home with me! This journal is full of the fun and whimsy characteristic of SARK's work...AND it allows you plenty of space to explore your own dreams and thoughts. I've only filled out a few pages (I'm afraid if I get started writing I may fill the entire thing in one day!!) but have greatly enjoyed the personal exploration the journal provokes. You're looking at this page for a reason...don't leave without adding this beautiful and inspiring journal to your shopping cart!

4.0 out of 5 stars dont know who SARK is, that's okay, Nov. 26 2002
Amazon Customer (San Francisco, California) - See all my reviews
This particulat journal is much more of a play book. But then its funny how much we can learn about ourselves by playing. I found many inspiring pages and even went on to create my own giant-sized play book to continue with my own ideas collaging, coloring, dreaming.
Its fine not to know who Sark is. You dont *have* to be a fan to appreciate the large spaciouse pages and fun suggestions in this journal. You dont *have* to be familiar with journaling or feel you are creative. This book helps you learn how to play again like you did when you were a kid.

5.0 out of 5 stars The grown-ups get to color!, Jan. 1 2000
Jessica "jessica_maia" (SAN DIEGO, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
So, you think you're too grown-up to pick up a crayon and explore what you really want to be when you grow up? I've bought this book for every busy mom, overworked student or stressed-out exec I know. Finally some one got the hint and bought one for me. It's perfect for exploring yourself and what really makes you tick. This book makes time and space for you and you alone. It's filled with beautiful, colorful pages that ache to be colored, sketched or written on. I recommend it for anyone that has a hard time finding time for themself.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Journal for Busy People, Dec 12 2001
By A Customer
This is the most amazing journal that I have ever seen! I am a full-time college student (engaged and also planning a wedding) with 3 part-time jobs and a volunteer position also. I have no time to think of things to write in a journal, but I know that I need to keep one or I would go crazy with all the thoughts in my head. This journal has fill-in pages as well as blank pages with quotes that help you get started with your writing. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to keep a journal but does not know where to start!

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS BOOK IS FUN!, Jan. 31 1999
Amy (swimmers73@AOL.com) (Michigan, United States) - See all my reviews
I am a full time college student and so is my roommate. We both just purchased this book and love it! It is so much fun coloring in it with markers, adding stickers, etc., just like when we were kids. But, it's more than that, this journal inspires you and lifts your spirits. It has helped our self esteem plenty. Also, we love taking "Sark Breaks" and working on our journals. I'd recommend this book for almost any age from kids to grandmas!

3.0 out of 5 stars Pages not thick enough, April 3 2002
By A Customer
I like the many huge blank pages left empty for me to fill. However, I was a little disappointed to see that the pages are kind of thin for certain markers. see, I was used to using these markers in my previous journal. I found that my previous journal has thicker and much better quality paper...and you must be used to Sark's writings in capital letters (most of the time), which may sometimes appear to be shouting out from the book :)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›