5.0 out of 5 stars [...] and Heather Sparrow
I absolutely love this Journal it is truly the most FUN and Amazing Journal I have used.

The pictures and hand written pages eye opening and so refreshing
Published 14 months ago by Heather

3.0 out of 5 stars Pages not thick enough
Published on April 3 2002

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars [...] and Heather Sparrow, May 2 2013
This review is from: SARK's Journal and Play! Book: A Place to Dream While Awake (Hardcover)

The pictures and hand written pages eye opening and so refreshing

5.0 out of 5 stars Rated a 5 because 10 was not an option!!, Feb. 16 2003
This is a great book! My Mom gave it to me for my 17th birthday and I've loved it! I'm 21 now, and I still pull it out and use it occasionally. It really helps you look inside yourself and discover innocence and imagination you thought you lost as a child. I've got a secret for you..."It'S StIlL ThErE!!" and it's dying to come out and play, so buy this book and discover what you've been missing for the last 10 to 40 years now!

4.0 out of 5 stars dont know who SARK is, that's okay, Nov. 26 2002
Amazon Customer (San Francisco, California) - See all my reviews
This particulat journal is much more of a play book. But then its funny how much we can learn about ourselves by playing. I found many inspiring pages and even went on to create my own giant-sized play book to continue with my own ideas collaging, coloring, dreaming.
Its fine not to know who Sark is. You dont *have* to be a fan to appreciate the large spaciouse pages and fun suggestions in this journal. You dont *have* to be familiar with journaling or feel you are creative. This book helps you learn how to play again like you did when you were a kid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Fun Fun!, Sept. 8 2002
A. Troutt (Philadelphia, PA USA) - See all my reviews
I am not a 'journal' type of person, but this book is cute! Just get out your crayolas and play! Its like a coloring book for grownups, and it will make you happy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pages not thick enough, April 3 2002
By A Customer
I like the many huge blank pages left empty for me to fill. However, I was a little disappointed to see that the pages are kind of thin for certain markers. see, I was used to using these markers in my previous journal. I found that my previous journal has thicker and much better quality paper...and you must be used to Sark's writings in capital letters (most of the time), which may sometimes appear to be shouting out from the book :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Get out the markers and crayons..., Feb. 3 2002
because, once you see this book, you'll be dying to buy it and pour yourself all over the pages. As soon as I picked up this book in the store I knew it had to go home with me! This journal is full of the fun and whimsy characteristic of SARK's work...AND it allows you plenty of space to explore your own dreams and thoughts. I've only filled out a few pages (I'm afraid if I get started writing I may fill the entire thing in one day!!) but have greatly enjoyed the personal exploration the journal provokes. You're looking at this page for a reason...don't leave without adding this beautiful and inspiring journal to your shopping cart!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Journal for Busy People, Dec 12 2001
By A Customer
This is the most amazing journal that I have ever seen! I am a full-time college student (engaged and also planning a wedding) with 3 part-time jobs and a volunteer position also. I have no time to think of things to write in a journal, but I know that I need to keep one or I would go crazy with all the thoughts in my head. This journal has fill-in pages as well as blank pages with quotes that help you get started with your writing. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to keep a journal but does not know where to start!

5.0 out of 5 stars SARK is magical, Nov. 7 2001
This journal and playbook has opened me up in more ways than i could have imagined. It is amazing and perfect for souls of any age, and i highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars BACK TO BEING A KID, Aug. 6 2001
By A Customer
I am a full-time college student in my junior year. I wanted to keep a journal, but had no idea where to start writing. Due to some events in my life, I never had too much of a childhood. This journal is great for discovering the kid inside! It gives ideas on what to write about, along with many blank pages to write whatever! I love sark and can't wait to buy another book!

5.0 out of 5 stars PerfectForDaydreamingAndAllYourRandomGoofinessThoughts, Aug. 18 2000
erikawithak (Long Beach, CA) - See all my reviews
this is the most fun journal ever, and i love that it's really HUGE. some journals are little, but this one has large pages so you don't have to smush up your writing if it's naturally big and loopy, which maybe sounds silly, but it's really a great thing! sark (for those of you who don't know, because i didn't at first), writes these super-positive "inspirational" books that are really quite darling and unserious. don't worry- her stuff is not at all churchy, and it's not a ultra-feminist-political sort of thing AT ALL. she mostly writes about how life can be this exciting adventure- full of whimsy and laughter and relaxiness. in the journal, she sprinkles little words of happiness about the borders of the pages that sorta give you a starting point to write about various topics, but the great thing is that she also gives you plenty of completely blank pages to do your own thing... to color or doodle or write whatever on. this makes a really uplifting, fantastic gift for teen-ish girls and artsy types of all ages (you know- musicians, actors, writers, painters and all your friends who are prone to giggle-fits and daydreaming and random goofiness) i promise they will love it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›