5.0 out of 5 stars A Book for every Mother's Personal Library, March 6 2000
This review is from: A Mother's Heart: A Look at Values, Vision, and Character for the Christian Mother (Paperback)
This book is for any mother seeking to be more of a Godly influence on her children. It helps you invision your life as a ministry that is far reaching beyond changing diapers, potty training, laundry, cooking, etc. Through A Mother's Heart, you will see that you have the ability to influence WHO your child becomes as they grow to be an adult.
You will walk through your own daily life with a fresh perspective going beyond "I am just a Mom". Jean helps you see that looking to the Lord to shape your character enables you to be better prepared to help shape your children's character. She goes beyond just telling you that you are more than just a mom she teaches you HOW to become a Mother Ministry.
I recommend this book highly to any mother to encourage her to see her calling as a MINISTRY.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not to be read lightly, Jan. 29 2000
There are very few books which I see as essential to mothering - this is at the top of my list. I wish that I had read it before my children were born. I am slowly working through each chapter, using the questions provided at the end to truly evaluate myself as a mother - and it is work!
This is not a light pick-me-up kind of book. Any lesson learned is never learned easily, and this is no exception. Mrs. Fleming's thoughts are true to scripture, and convicting. Parenting does not begin with the child, it begins with the parent. And, Mrs, Fleming does a wonderful job of helping mom to look at herself and her relationship with the Lord and her children first. This one book has had more impact on my mothering than anything else I have read, save for God's word itself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring a mother's heart, Oct. 6 2000
Having read many books over the years on child rearing and mothering, I would have to say that A Mother's Heart is the most inspiring as well as useful I have encountered. It offers not only thought provoking topics, but practical ways to incorporate them into our lives. It is one book that I read with a highlighter handy for remembering things that stand out to me (most of the book is highlighted and written in!). A Mother's Heart is also a book that I re-read often. Each time I am able to unearth another nugget of truth. I would recommend this book to all mom's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fleming shows what gifts our children really are, Oct. 31 1998
By A Customer
This book is a "must read" for every mother. Fleming makes us take a long look at the highest honour God gives a woman. She causes us to prioritize our children and family in reference to the world and our other responsibilities. She also makes us aware that our children can get a glimpse into the heart of our Heavenly Father by the way we mother. My children have always been a blessing, but now I am more aware of the way I act, talk, and spend time with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Encouragement for christian mothers., Aug. 28 1997
By A Customer
Jean Fleming's gentle wisdom on mothering was both
practical and encouraging. She gives practical advice on how to observe and pray for your child and creative ideas on how to teach your children about God. She describes motherhood as the challenging, creative, multi-disciplinary occupation/life that it should be known as. I highly recommend this book to mothers everywhere.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Foundational Book For The Christian Mom!, April 27 2001
LoneStarMama (Dallas, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
This book gave me much to chew on and think about. It also had some great, practical ideas that I hope to implement with my children someday. Mrs. Fleming's book affirmed me in my role as a mother and this is one book I will read again and again.

CDN$ 17.11 CDN$ 12.99