countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on July 5, 2016
Some of it is good, especially disc 7. This woman sounds very angry. She makes an assumption that because someone lives with an alcoholic, they themselves are in all likelihood alcoholic, down and out, pitifully needy human beings that cannot accomplish anything in life. You may as well throw away disc 6 as it is a complete write-off and very hard to listen to. As a former drug addict and alcoholic I can probably see why she thinks that way. Her recommendation is to join an al-anon group or some other of dozens of similar groups. Other than that I don't think she offers much up in the way of advice except to look to God for redemption. Her book was of little consolation.
on May 16, 2004
I first came across this book as a recommendation (from a psychologist, no less) as to how to deal with an abusive relationship I was involved in. Like some of the other reviewers, it was painful at first to see myself described in the book. But it helped me to understand why I was attracted to addictive personalities, what attracted them to me, and how to eventually break the cycle. I certainly won't say that all of your problems will be solved with this book, but it is a step in the right direction. It certainly worked for me.
on October 24, 2014
While I really appreciated the descriptions of co-dependency (especially the crazy ones), the constant religious references really diluted the message for me. There are probably better books that would address the same issues while addressing inner strengths for all people.
on September 29, 2013
I bought it to listen to as I was spending a lot of time driving but it is not the kind of listening I would recommend in your car. Too deep for that. Also found it repetitive, a bite wordy. It was still helpful so I give it a 3 star rating.
on February 2, 2014
This book was ok. I was looking for something different though I think. It would be best for those in relations with an alcoholic or some other addiction.
on June 4, 2016
Too general
I presumed it would dealing precisely with drug users
on September 14, 2014
bon mais un peu répétitif