4.0 out of 5 stars Ignorance is not bliss.
Published on July 7 1999

1.0 out of 5 stars I survived Y2K!
Who didn't know this book was a joke when it came out? I never bought it before Y2K, but have it now as a commemorative peice of evidence to prove how wacky most people are.
Published on June 7 2004

4.0 out of 5 stars Ignorance is not bliss., July 7 1999
This review is from: Millennium Bug (Paperback)
I have stayed up until the wee hours of the night reading this book. I can't tell you how many times I reread the brownout and blackout scenarios. People just don't understand the embedded chip problem within our electric, water, and banking industries. Without electricity there is nothing else. How will a person prepare who is unaware of the potentially devastating effects of the Y2K crisis on all businesses big and small? I have persuaded my family to at least store enough water, batteries, candles, and non-perishable food items for at least 3 weeks. If it is less than that, great. If it is longer than that, many people will be at their wits ends and do whatever it takes to obtain those things. I don't want to be one of those who are caught unprepared. How about you? I highly recommend this book! But beware-once you read the book you will feel some kind of sick feeling in your stomach, so calmly decide to do SOMETHING, anything to prepare, even if it is something small. Like it says in the book, IT IS BETTER TO TAKE SOME ACTION THAN NO ACTION.

1.0 out of 5 stars I survived Y2K!, June 7 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: MILLENNIUM BUG, THE (Hardcover)
The idea that all our toasters and refridgerators would cease to opperate at midnight on Jan 1st 2000, is something I could never understand how people would fall for. How would your appliances know what year, day or time it was??
The cover of this book makes it great for framing and hanging in your Library, or just having the book out on a coffee table is great for endless laughs.
Who would ever buy a book from this author ever again after he lost all his credibility with this book?
The value in this book is not from reading it, but for display purposes only.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Millennium Hype, Jan. 2 2000
This review is from: Millennium Bug (Paperback)
Jan 3, 2000: Well, the author may have made what one reviewer called a "convincing argument," but all that shows is how easily some of us are duped. The author, like much of the press, has tapped into our ignorance and gulliblity, and tried to scare the bejesus out of us. He should be ashamed! The millennium bug was averted not because of scare mongers like this so-called expert, but because the marketplace realized there would be a financial penalty for not fixing things. It's no more complicated than that. So have we learned anything, boys and girls?

1.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly researched, Sept. 6 2000
NOT!
This book was full of half-truths, outdated information (even when first published) and scare tactics. He obviously tried to use the uncertainty of y2k for his own financial gain. Do yourself a favor and avoid books by the doom & gloom camp. They'll be back with another catastrophe (e.g. asteroid, aliens, disease, etc.) pushing their books again. Don't bite their bait.

1.0 out of 5 stars Phew!, March 25 2000
This review is from: Millennium Bug (Paperback)
Terrible writing! Who is this guy? The information could have been interesting, but it was blandly conveyed. Don't waste your money. Charmin is much softer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Y2K Bug? Was it worth the Hype?, Jan. 1 2000
This review is from: Millennium Bug (Paperback)
Refile this to fiction as with all the other Y2K fear mongering material... sort of like the book 1984.
1 Star cuz I can't get lower...

1.0 out of 5 stars Pure Science Fiction, Jan. 4 2000
This review is from: Millennium Bug (Paperback)
I'm glad I didn't buy it because it is now the year 2000 and I'm still here.

The Millennium Bug: How to Survive the Coming Chaos
The Millennium Bug: How to Survive the Coming Chaos by Michael S. Hyatt (Hardcover - May 1 1998)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.02