5.0 out of 5 stars Strongly recommended, April 22 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Twisted Whiskers: Solving Your Cat's Behavior Problems (Paperback)
I am a humane educator at an animal shelter. I have read many a book about animal behavior in my line of work. This is by far THE BEST book I have ever read on cat behavior and I often recommend it to adopters and potential adoptors. It is now circulating around the shelter workers to keep them informed on how to counsil cat caregivers.

5.0 out of 5 stars How To Have a Happy, Well-Adjusted Cat, Jan. 14 2002
People without experience with cats often regard them as cold and aloof, but it's not true. Cats are sensitive and loving. They crave affection from you. They dote on routine, security, and comfort. Give them this, plus playtime with you each day, and you will have a cat that will love you. Unfortunately, cats can suffer trauma from past mistreatment, injury, terror at loud noises, or other unpleasant events. (Our cat hides behind me and peers out while the housekeeper runs the vacuum sweeper.) Cats suffer depression from loss of a family member, a move to a new home, or almost any change in the familiar routine. The author does a masterful job of showing us how to cope with a cat's traumas and develop a happy, purring cat. Our cat awarded five sniffs to this gold mine of information and advice.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book was not only helpful but well written., Oct. 30 1998
By A Customer
Not long ago a stray turned up in our backyard and we decided to keep her. This was a wonderful decision for us and for her, unfortunately our other cats didn't agree. What insued where fights day and night, night and day. Twisted Whiskers helped us to better understand why they were all fighting and how we could cope. The insight and advice in this book was wonderful and I highly recommend it to anyone who owns a cat, anyone thinking of adopting a cat and most certainly anyone adding another cat to the family (read it before you add, there is a right way to handle the addition and Ms. Johnson spells it out).

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent understanding of the feline mind, June 4 2013
My cat had been bad about his litter box recently, and with the advice given in this book I've managed to get him to clean up his act perfectly! I have had cats all my life and thought I knew them pretty well, but Pam Johnson's great and subtle knowledge of feline psychology is very very impressive. My little guy and I have been getting along so much better since I read this book--I love him to bits anyway, but this really has taken our relationship to a new level. I know that sounds silly, but it's true!

5.0 out of 5 stars educational, March 22 2012
If you own a cat please buy this book. Understanding our cats in how they feel, think and act is so important if we want a safe and happy home for our beloved fur ball friends. We have a multi cat home and this is one of the best books I have ever read. Unless you understand how a cat thinks and feels one will never be able to correct any problems that need addressing. Easy informative reading. This problem solving book for cats works, your missing out on valuable information if you don't get this book. Your cats will thank you for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book should come attached to your cat, Oct. 28 2000
By A Customer
As a Pet Sitter, I deal with kitty problems all the time. At Holiday Season, I buy this book for all my new clients. It is the best thing you can do for your cat and for yourself. Everyone appreciates how much they can learn from this little gem of a book; but mostly the cats benefit. They live longer, healthier and happier lives. As far as I am concerned Pam Johnson is the Cat's Meow.......

5.0 out of 5 stars The Only Book You'll Ever Need, Aug. 10 1999
By A Customer
No matter how bad your cat is, the answer to your prayers is in this book. I learned so much about why my cat was being aggressive. The chapter on litter box problems was not only informative but fun to read. My friends have been so impressed with how well behaved my cat acts now. Every cat owner should have this book in their library.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, very thorough and with..., Nov. 20 1998
By A Customer
a holistic approach. She explains why your cat may be doing an undesirable behavior, and what you can do to stop it. She also explains how diet can affect your cat's behavior. Some of the behavior problems addressed include: spraying in the house, defacating/urinating outside the litterbox, displaced aggression, play-biting, etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cats. You only think you've figured them out..., Feb. 18 2014
Fairly good book. One has to understand that cats have staff, not masters...

Pam Johnson does a fairly good job in linking the thought process between human and feline.

Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, Aug. 23 2013
This is a reat book on understanding cats. Actually it is a like an instruction manual. Not every cat is the same but this will certainly help you out.

Twisted Whiskers: Solving Your Cat's Behavior Problems
Twisted Whiskers: Solving Your Cat's Behavior Problems by Pam Johnson (Paperback - Oct. 1 1994)
CDN$ 19.99 CDN$ 14.59