Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Music Deals Store Crocktober Fall Tools

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews(2 star).show all reviews
on May 18, 2001
I'm amazed how a book that is only four months old (published December 2000) magically has received seven 5-star reviews. [Could it be a plug by the authors? Heaven forbid!] I bought the book on the strength of these seven excellent reviews. Now, I'm quite disappointed. A few of these questions are good: especially when asked of ourselves. But for the most part, they're questions we would naturally ask of a prospective partner anyway; we certainly don't need to spend time and money reading this book to dream them up.
One of the great flaws of the book is the naivete of the underlying assumption: "If I ask this question, I will get an honest answer". This is rubbish. As an extreme example, consider the following questions, quoted verbatim from the book: "Are you honest?" "Have you ever stolen anything?" "Are you willing to be monogamous?" Think about it: do you really think that liars and thieves would answer honestly? -And in the usual, less extreme case, there is always the tendency for us to "put our best foot forward". We may not intend to mislead, but isn't a consequence of being in love to idealize ourselves and our loved one?
Here's a really useful question the authors give (be sure to use this one on your first date!): "Do you own, or do you want to own, any recreational vehicles?"
Perhaps others will find it useful. I didn't. Sorry folks, this book did nothing for me. I really do NOT believe the seven perfect reviews, all from people whose lives were changed by the book (only four months after first printing!!). Perhaps I wouldn't be so harsh on the book if it wasn't for these "customer reviews".
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again