5.0 out of 5 stars I'd give more stars if I could..., April 9 2005
Laval49 (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Salvation Is from the Jews (Paperback)
This is an outstanding book. Profound, compelling are words that come to mind. It is cogently argued and made me understand as never before the Jewish roots of Christianity. It is also eminently readable. I am an avid reader, and this book stands out among the 3 best books I've read in at least the past 2 or three years.
I am a strong believer in the Catholic faith. As so many others, I had fallen away, but I came back well before I read this book. Now I understand my faith better than ever. Thank you,Mr. Shoeman.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent analysis of Jewish/Christian history, July 13 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Salvation Is from the Jews (Paperback)
I was totally blown away by this book. The author did a great job of weaving together Old Testament, New Testament, and Revelations to prove his point - that salvation is from the Jews. Not in a bragging we're-better-than-you way, but to point out the plan and covenant God made from the beginning of time with man, and then specifically, with the Jewish nation and then finally with the Gentile world. It reaffirmed my faith and committment to Christianity and Catholicism.

5.0 out of 5 stars The reasoning why NO Christian can ever be an anti-semite, April 14 2004
"jimmazwing" (Longmont, Colorado United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Salvation Is from the Jews (Paperback)
I found this book a fascinating read on several levels, and so will you. After reading this book as a Cathoic Christian, I now better appreciate Jesus's humanity as a Jew, His divinity as the Messiah, and how His being born by a devout Jewish woman has made all the differenc to our salvation. In a nutshell, this book plumbs the meaning behind Christ's statement: salvation will come from the Jews. It was wonderful to read Christ described through the mindseye of a modern Jewish man and to interiorize the truth that Christ was in fact a faithful Jew who will one day return as, what else, as a Jew.
In these troubled times, this book could not come at a more fortuitious moment. After reading Mr. Schoeman's book, I fully appreciate all that the Jewish people have given to this world through their suffering, their gifts and accomplishments and their truly special role as God's "chosen people." My Catholic faith was further grounded as this book explicitly affirms that Catholicism's foundation rests squarely on the Jewish Faith of our elder brothers and sisters. What's more amazing is pondering, as Mr. Schoeman beautifully and respectfully does, the role God still has planned for His people in saving humanity. Absolutely beautiful!
If you are a serious Christian, this book should be required reading...you'll find yourself half way through it in the first sitting; I did.
Jim Wingert
Longmont, CO

5.0 out of 5 stars Salvation Really IS From The Jews, March 26 2004
Dale Weeks (Louisville, KY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Salvation Is from the Jews (Paperback)
I have recently completed the reading of "Salvation Is From The Jews" and it has literally changed my life. In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I regretted finishing it. There are so many things that I now understand that I never understood before. Perhaps understand is not the proper word, maybe I've just been allowed to see things that I have never before seen. If one tries to understand these things on a strictly intellectual level, one can always find reasons to doubt. I would suppose that is why so many highly intelligent people deny the existence of God. Belief in God is not the pursuit of a weak mind, it is actually the completion of our humanity. Things can initially make no sense to the mind, yet make perfect sense to the spirit. Once the spirit is convinced, the mind follows and both are strengthened in the process.

I am a lifelong Catholic, including 12 years of Catholic school, though I have "fallen away" for quite some time. I have not lived a particularly immoral existence, but a strictly secular one. Last week, I attended Mass (a traditional Latin Mass) for the first time I can recall and I intend to do so again this week. It felt foreign, yet warmly familiar at the same time. The past few months have been the most difficult that I can remember, as I have hit a bit of a rough patch in life. I wasn't particular looking for faith, I was simply reading political articles on the National Review website when I read Mr Schoeman's piece on "The Passion of The Christ". I clicked on the link to his website ([...] read his story, and something clicked inside of me. During the past few weeks, I have been overcome by an enormous sense of peace. I thank God for leading me to Mr. Schoeman, and I thank his book for leading me to this place where I now find myself.

At first I chuckled to myself how odd it was that, after 12 years of Catholic education I should be led back to the Church by a Jew. Upon reflection though, there is nothing that could be more natural and fitting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pulling it all together, April 26 2004
Flutemom (Milpitas, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Salvation Is from the Jews (Paperback)
I just finished reading "Salvation is From the Jews" by Roy H. Schoeman and can't think of a recent book that has impressed me more deeply. Mr. Schoeman's writing style is so readable and logically arranged. He weaves seemingly disparate threads of human history into the inevitable Biblical prediction of Christ's Second Coming. Chapter 6, "Ideological Foundations of Nazism," and Chapter 7, "Anti-Semitism After the Holocaust," give a compelling argument for God's hand in even the most horrific and blatantly satanic acts. I am Catholic, but I believe that even a non-Catholic will be persuaded by many, if not most, of Mr. Schoeman's observations. The bibliography of the book shows exhaustive research, and the writing demonstrates great familiarity with the background material. And it was a thoroughly enjoyable read, in spite of the Holocaust content, from beginning to end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb and informative, Feb. 18 2004
P. Forrester (Fallbrook, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Salvation Is from the Jews (Paperback)
I just finished reading Salvation Is From the Jews. I loved it. It contains some fascinating historical information from both ancient times and the recent past. Helped me understand more deeply how Jesus fulfilled the prophecies of Messiah. And that is not all. The conversion stories of several Jewish men was fascinating. Whether you are Jewish or Catholic this book will be informative and increase our love and understanding of each other.

5.0 out of 5 stars Indeed, "Salvation Is from the Jews", Sept. 25 2009
This review is from: Salvation Is from the Jews (Paperback)
Excellent, readable, positive book. Chapter on Nazi Germany especially good. Well-documented and footnoted. Highly recommended.

Salvation Is from the Jews
Salvation Is from the Jews by Roy H. Schoeman (Paperback - March 8 2004)
CDN$ 20.49 CDN$ 13.68