Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Furniture Kindle Music Deals Store Cycling Tools minions

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(5 star)show all reviews
Many of us feel an inexplicable upwelling of emotions that long to become a poem but have no knowledge of how to use words to convey either an essence or a slam-up description of the experience. How can we begin to put pen to paper, let alone belly up to the mic at a poetry slam, without this knowledge? This book is how. It covers everything from meter to free verse and how it is used. It explains rhythms, movement, creating a pattern and a point of view and much more. This book includes practices and comparisons, and reading suggestions for seminal anthologies, magazines, and dictionaries. This is information I have not found in my local library...no matter where I've lived.
If you've got a poet in there trying to get out...set him or her free with this book. My own bad poetry has already improved in voice and rhythm. My poet is shaking, but finally free.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on December 12, 2001
This book was an excellently written. I loved the exercises given. They were extremely helpful to beginner and professional poet alike. I recommend this book to everyone. Even non-poets who are looking to expand their creativity.
There is enough background information as well given for the form poetry. I found that helpful and informative.
There were so many poem exercises that I will be doing them for years to come.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again