5.0 out of 5 stars "The Errant King" was Epic!, Feb. 13 2012
Ce commentaire est de: The Errant King (Paperback)
Now, years after Sword in the Stars, Lochlan is king. However, Loch often feels the pressures of being ruler of a country, and they are getting to him. This causes him to go errant. But what will happen? What adventures will he meet and things will he face?
This was another fast-paced adventure, as equally satisfying as the last. It was a good read, with many twists, and the usual values you would expect from Wayne Thomas Batson.
It has a whole cast of new characters including' Fred! At first, I found Fred a little strange, and maybe a little out of place. But, as I read, I came to love him (and his humor) more and more. A simply epic character.
The whole book was really good and I loved it. But again, I'll be telling people to beware of some of the more violent scenes, although I personally had no problem with it. Raudrim-Quevera is different - disturbingly so - which means I absolutely loved her' and her creepiness :P So, those Raudrim-Quevera creepy details didn't change my view on the book. As I said, I actually loved her character. Well, as well as you can love a totally creepy and evil character that is'

4.0 out of 5 stars A Satisfying Sequel, Jan. 2 2012
Ce commentaire est de: The Errant King (Paperback)
Batson's second book in his Dark Sea Annals series is not one to disappoint. After being left hanging with the ending of the previous book (Sword in the Stars) I had eagerly anticipated his sequel to what I am sure will turn out to be an epic series. I thoroughly enjoyed this installment and look forward to future releases. That being said, this book did have some weaknesses, editing being a major one. For me, as a reader, I find spelling, grammar errors, and other inconsistencies distracting. With a good polishing up, however, I believe the second addition, should there ever be one, will be much improved. There was also one scene *SPOILER ALERT* (when Arianna is redeemed in the eyes of the elders)*END SPOILER* that I found to be unrealistic. On the whole though, this is a very engaging book that is sure to keep many fantasy fans within the pages. The development of setting was particularly notable. My hat goes off to you again Sir Batson!

ARRAY(0xa595ba44)

The Errant King
The Errant King by Wayne Thomas Batson (Paperback - Nov. 15 2011)
CDN$ 17.99 CDN$ 14.39