5.0 out of 5 stars should've been a best seller, Feb. 23 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: I Had It All the Time: When Self-Improvement Gives Way to Ecstasy (Paperback)
The Good: This book is highly reccommended, for everyone, nothing better is on the market that I have read.I have been reading self help material for over ten years and if I understood this book my journey would have ended a long time ago. I have tried zen buddhism,christianity,islam,kabbalah,and more.I could have healed myself by reading this book and commiting the metaphors to my personal system the way I want to.The way it should be. If you need money, a relationship,etc, well, this is your one stop shop.I promise you it will change your life for the better.
The Bad:In a perfect world I would like this book to adhear to all religions. It favors christianity way too much(a course in miracles). However, I will admit it is the best self help book I have ever read. It must be a general accepted principle.

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I had this book all the time!, Jan. 4 2003
Nancy J. Sogliuzzo "cacace" (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This book covers so much that I need right now. It says it so very clearly and heartfully with a many real world examples. Some stories from his life and experiences, some from others he has met. I have had people lining up to read this when I finish so I thought I better get anothe copy!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a Gift, Aug. 20 2002
Jack Canfield (Santa Barbara, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Every page of this remarkable book was Chicken Soup for my soul. It inspired, uplifted, and enlightened me. It's a gift!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Wisdom for Self-Discovery, Aug. 15 2002
Alan Cohen provides inspiring and practical information for creating possibilities in your life through simple tools, methods and stories. Alan has a wonderful way of writing in an easy-to-get-it style and each chapter gives you the opportunity for transformation through a self-discovery activity. After reading Alan's book Why Your Life Sucks and What You Can Do About It, I yearned to read more of his books, which lead me to this book. I recommend this book for the enjoyment of improving and leading an authentic life!

5.0 out of 5 stars I Had It All The Time, Aug. 2 2002
By A Customer
This is one of the books I go back again and again. Alan's teachings are so down to earth, applicable to the real life, empowering, and loving. My heart and soul always says, "Yes! Yes!" whenever I read the words of the Truth about life that Alan writes, and I regain or increase the power to live my life. As I read his words, I can feel how Alan is looking at human life with overflowing love and humor. Wherever the life stage one is in, this is the book that changes one's perspective of life and the universe into the Truth which is love. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Self discovery and empowerment made clear and easy..., July 30 2002
JAMES A. OBRIEN "Kimo" (Haiku, Hawaii USA) - See all my reviews
A great, clear, and easy introduction and guide for self discovery as the path to the really awsome being you know you are. The perfect follow-up book for people who have read and enjoyed Alan's: Why Your Life Sucks, And What You Can Do About It. More great self empowerment teaching and exercises to work on to help you apply this stuff to your real world. You've tried the rest...now read the best!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Book, April 6 1999
of all time! The end-be-all self help book. Cohen is the MASTER. :) If you're looking for help, here is a one stop shop for understanding who you are.

5.0 out of 5 stars Once again Alan Cohen has brought a great book to us!!, Oct. 10 1998
By A Customer
This book is one that you read over and over again and always obtain more information than the last time you read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Only Self Help Book You'll Ever Need, May 1 1998
By A Customer
Alan Cohen never ceases to amaze me. This is one of my favorite books of all time. If you know anyone who needs a great self help book, buy this one for them. He is truly an Earth Angel and knows what you need to hear.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book for people who are ready to start to live., Dec 10 1997
One of the problems of those who are interested in self-development is that they try to learn more and more how to develop, and they do almose nothing to improve themselves. This book, using humor and anectdotes, tell you how to start living the way you already know you should.

I Had It All the Time: When Self-Improvement Gives Way to Ecstasy