4.0 out of 5 stars not too much about nursing or nursing a toddler
Published on Oct. 27 2000 by ChristineMM

2.0 out of 5 stars I was disapointed
I just recieved this book, and I'm sending it back. I was very disapointed - the illustrations are very subtle, and not very clear. My baby (1yr) is a very big book lover, but this book just didnt manage to catch his eye.
the story is cute.
Published on Dec 19 1999

4.0 out of 5 stars not too much about nursing or nursing a toddler, Oct. 27 2000
ChristineMM (Houston Texas USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Michele: The Nursing Toddler: A Story about Sharing Love (Hardcover)
Mother sits down to tell a story to Michelle about Michelle herself. Mentions mannerisms and activities this busy toddler girl does throughout the day, playing, going to the library, etc. Then it mentions when Michelle was a baby and shows illustration of nursing a little newborn and states (not in these words) that she breastfed and that milk was the only food she ever had. The text then tells how her teeth came in and how she loves to eat many foods. There is only one line that tells the reader Michelle still nurses: "One thing Michelle always knew--she'll still have lots of love when her nursing days are through" and shows an illustration of Michelle nursing as a toddler, and an illustration of a party, I assume a weaning party. That is all the mention of breastfeeding a toddler. I was a little disappointed as nursing was in the title and it played a tiny role in the text of the book. The subtitle of the book is "a story about sharing love" but really there is not much content about sharing love except to say at the end that her loved ones will always love her as she grows older. Thanks La Leche League for publishing this but I would have liked so see more images of toddler nursing because we definately don't see much toddler nursing in children's books, and anywhere else for that matter: parenting magazines and books or anywhere else! I also would have preferred a more general toddler nursing topic and included children from different families who are all nursing toddlers, different ages, several races and both genders.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Michele,the Nursing Toddler" is a great family book!, Oct. 5 1999
By A Customer
I'm so glad to share this book with my daughter (6 years) and my son (2.5 years). We find the book to be reassuring and full of love. The rhyme is fluid and the pictures are sweet. My husband and myself always quote the book. We remind our children that whether "they are here or there, their loved ones will always be near, to hold them and love them and show them they care!" Thanks to La Leche for publishing this much needed book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilled and Surprised!! We Love the "Michele" Book!!, Jan. 12 2003
By A Customer
How great! In a world full of high tech toys and fast paced lives, its nice to read such a sweet and simple book with such a positive message. I sure wish Oprah had "Michele: The Nursing Toddler" on her list. Better yet, has anyone ever seen this author interviewed or read any of her other books? We would love to read more about Jane Pinczuk and read more of her work. Our hats are off to Ms. Pinczuk and La Leche International as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is wonderful!, Sept. 24 2003
E. Drake "Working to relax" (TN United States) - See all my reviews
Jane Pinczuk's well-done text and the subtle, tastefully done
illustrations make this book a keeper. I have used this
book in a special story hour presentation and found it to be
well-received by adults and children. I must admit that I have
gotten to see her unpublished titles and they are all as wonderful as this book. I hope to see them in print as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars sweet, lovely, encouraging, April 9 1999
This is a wonderful book. I had the pleasure of meeting the author and purchasing an autographed copy. Both of my children love it. My four year old son and two year old, nursing daughter really enjoy it. It is truely one of a kind!

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of love and wonderful to read, Nov. 23 1998
By A Customer
A story about how families support and nurture their children while facing the challanges of growing up. I would recommend it to any family whether your children are extended nursers or not. Great illustrations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow ... Children's Books Don't Get Any Better Than This, March 18 2002
My two year old tends to get tired of the same old books night after night. Not this one. Not only does the story entertain her and the pictures captivate her, but it also gently eases her transition into bed time. I don't know what I would do if I ever misplaced this book ... which is why I purchased two copies just in case. This is, simply put, a must read for all parents who love reading to their children. If you're going to buy just one book for your children this year, this is the one to get. Kudos to Ms. Pinczuk for a job very well done.

2.0 out of 5 stars I was disapointed, Dec 19 1999
the story is cute.

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of love and wonderful to read, Nov. 23 1998

5.0 out of 5 stars A Delightful Book, Dec 26 1998
By A Customer
This is a warm and wonderful book, full of sweetness and love within a beautiful family. We highly recommend it.

Michele: The Nursing Toddler: A Story about Sharing Love
Michele: The Nursing Toddler: A Story about Sharing Love by Jane Pinczuic (Hardcover - Nov. 1 1998)
CDN$ 16.69 CDN$ 11.51
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available