5.0 out of 5 stars The best for safe food introduction.
Published on Feb. 17 2004 by W. Taygan

2.0 out of 5 stars Too preachy
Published on Jan. 3 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars The best for safe food introduction., Feb. 17 2004
W. Taygan (Chugiak, AK, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Whole Foods for Babies and Toddlers (Spiral-bound)
Obviously La Leche League has an agenda: healthy babies and healthy parents. As a first-time father this book gave me the information I needed to support my wife in her decision to breastfeed and gave us detailed guidelines on what foods are safest to introduce first. It encourages parents to save money and give their kids better food by avoiding jarred baby food and by providing easy recipes. This book would be a *PERFECT* baby shower or newborn gift for any first-time parent. It focuses on the first introduction of whole food at 6 months and gives facts, opinions and recipes through "over 1 year olds."

2.0 out of 5 stars Too preachy, Jan. 3 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Whole Foods for Babies and Toddlers (Spiral-bound)
Ok ok we get it. Breastfeeding is better than formula, but do you really have to waste an entire redundant section on it? Additionally wasted are the pages on jarred foods. I truly believe a book that boasts "Whole Foods for Babies and Toddlers" should be just that. While I would have appreciated a paragraph on your arguments for natural foods and breastfeedings; I started to get annoyed when I realize that most of this book is just that. I have a 14 month old and am desperate for reciepes for him and our whole family. I feel that this book needed more receipes and less opions. PS. Most of us that are "Whole food" cooking for our kids are already on board with the previously mentioned issues.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit preachy, but overall good., July 12 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Whole Foods for Babies and Toddlers (Spiral-bound)
I bought this after reading the ingredients list on a baby cereal box. (scary!!) This was the first baby cookbook I found that actually had baby cereal recipes in it. It offers good information about food introduction and allergy prevention. My son is still quite young, so we haven't tried too many recipes. The ones we have tried have been easy and good. Skip the first few chapters about how horrid formula and storebought food is, and you have a decent cookbook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Helpful Cookbook I've Seen!, Dec 16 2002
Rise Handley (Overland park, Kansas United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Whole Foods for Babies and Toddlers (Spiral-bound)
I purchased this cookbook when my baby started eating whole foods and I have used it everyday since. My husband and friends enjoy the recipes as much as our 15 month old. Recipes are simple and tasty. All of my friends have borrowed the book for feeding their own children. I would recommend it to anyone.

Whole Foods for Babies and Toddlers
Whole Foods for Babies and Toddlers by Margaret Kenda (Spiral-bound - Jan. 1 2001)
Used & New from: CDN$ 2.00