march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Format: Cards|Change

Showing 1-10 of 16 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on March 7, 2002
I have had a passing interest in Tarot for awhile, but had not really considered actually purchasing a deck until I received an Amazon.com gc. I decided to go ahead and purchase this set as it was so basic. The pictures are nice and the deck is easy to manipulate. I was a little disappointed with the back of the cards though, blue plaid..what were they thinking? To put together blue plaid with the beauty of the cards faces..bad choice. Of course it doesn't affect the cards functionality :) I just would have chosen a different set had I known... Either way I love to practice tarot and these cards were a good choice.
on July 22, 2013
I am very happy to have this deck and though the images are quality are fantastic I was unhappy to find that they are covered in a gloss that makes the cards shine yes but also more difficult to handle and give them almost a fake feeling, as I prefer the matte finish where you can feel the texture of the paper in the cards. This deck is good and does have to license stamp on each card as well. Overall the deck is fine but was not exactly what I was looking for.
on March 29, 2002
As for many others, the Rider Waite deck was my first Tarot deck. It's probably -the- best deck for beginners to cut their teeth on due to its rich symbolism. Even without reading page one of any Tarot book on the market, most any intuitive person can form reasonably accurate interpretations of nearly all these cards. The illustrations are simple, yet powerful, drawing on universal archetypes that guide the reader to the wisdom that already lies in his/her subconscious.
It isn't a perfect deck (though I believe the only "perfect" deck would be one that one designed for oneself), but of all the decks I own, it's one of the very few that almost always "speaks" to me. And it speaks to me accurately. I highly recommend this deck for both beginners and experienced readers.
on January 21, 2002
If you are a beginner or just want to learn about Tarot...use this deck. Most all of the books that teach Tarot use this deck for all of the examples. It is also easier to understand the meanings. I bought two decks to start off with...this one felt right. I may change later once I am more familiar with Tarot, but for now...this is my deck of choice. I only wish the colors were more brilliant.
on June 6, 2000
I like this deck a lot - it's the standard Rider-Waite-Smith deck, sized down to 'pocket size'. I usually carry it in my pouch for use in in-situ readings.
The two drawbacks I see in this deck are :
- The little white book isnt the same size as in the miniature deck (which is rather small).
- The cardbox isnt glued well and is a bit larger than the cards, so it's ruined quickly.
on August 8, 2012
The package with cards was good, it arrived right on time, the only issue I had with the cards was that they are too big by size and it makes them difficult to shuffle in hands.
on February 20, 1999
These cards are very useful for average tarot readings. They are basic enough for a beginner, but have symbolisms that can still astound a seasoned reader.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 3, 2014
I like it, but I wish it had more information about what the cards mean. I have to use my cell phone and look everything up.
on April 15, 2015
Very lovely tarot deck. Looking forward to getting the book that will help me understand them a bit more.
on June 10, 2014
Great practice deck, standard size with well rounded corners and sturdy lamination is it a big thumbs-up for me. Don't particularly like the plaid design on the top side of the card. Think it was a strange choice.
I give it four out of five stars because I do find the colors extraordinarily brash 8nd hyper saturated. But then again many people like that.