5.0 out of 5 stars Great story
Published on April 9 2007 by 19 Years Waiting

3.0 out of 5 stars Book Size
Please be aware that these are the mini versions on the books, I kept them- they are still cute but it is not well indicated in the description.

thanks
Published on Nov. 23 2012 by Charlie3371

3.0 out of 5 stars Book Size, Nov. 23 2012

thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, April 9 2007
This review is from: I Have to Go! (Paperback)
Munsch did great job of making normal life hysterical. It was like reading my sister's life back to her. The repeated 'no,no,no' response from Andrew is easy for kids to pick up and 'read' along. It's scary how true this story is. Every parents has lived this nightmare. It's funny when it's not happening to you... Check also Why Some Cats are Rascals - a series of great children stories about cats adventures

5.0 out of 5 stars Board Book Edition, Dec 4 2010
Amazon Customer "@ Quiverfullfamily.com" (Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: I Have to Go! (Board book)
I Have to Go! is an absolute Munsch classic! This story of a little boy who refuses to pee when his parents ask him too rings so true to life and is no doubt drawn from Munsch's own experiences as a parent. Recently re-released as a slightly updated board book, Munsch's trademark text is condensed to make it more preschool friendly, and is combined with the original illustrations from his long-time illustrator Michael Martchenko in the style that has become so associated with Munsch's classic works.

Andrew won't pee before car trips, he won't pee before getting dressed up in a snowsuit (ah, Canadian parenting!), and he won't pee before he goes to bed. I'm a huge fan of Robert Munsch's 'vintage' titles from the '80s, most likely because I grew up with them myself! Even if I try to set that bias aside, I think this is still an entirely delightful story.

My seven-year-old agrees with me, and it's the first Munsch title that she's felt eager to read to herself and to her little sisters. Our children love the classic Munsch-style repetition, the easy to chime in with response lines, the onomatopoeia (sounds written as words), and the hilarity of the ensuing situations. This is just a keeper ' enough said.

All in all I Have to Go! is still just as good as it has ever been, and is ready to please a new generation of toddlers, preschoolers, early readers, and parents alike. There's a reason over a million copies of this title have been sold in it's various forms!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Potty Training Success Story!!, Nov. 1 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: I Have To Go! (Paperback)
A wonderful, humorous way to present a subject which is much talked about but remains to be one of life's mysteries. How does one go about potty training? Our seven year old child with special needs became potty trained after I purchased this book(as recommended by a friend). We were able to share the humor of the story and relate it to our situation. It brings a smile every time its read!!

3.0 out of 5 stars A sizing warning would make sense, Feb. 8 2013
This review is from: I Have to Go! (Paperback)
The book is a good one. The only issue I had was that the size of the book is the mini Annikin Series: which I did not realize until it came.

Upon closer look the About the Annikin Series: is there but below the fol on most browsers.

perhaps some sort of graphic attached to the cover preview (mini book or something like that)

Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars A family favorite!!, June 15 2003
Dianne L. Ward "Dianne Larson Ward" (Aberdeen, Washington USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Have To Go! (Paperback)
This was the first of the many Robert Munsch books I have given my grandchildren. It remains our favorite of all! Children love humor about things they think are a bit taboo (don't we all?) and this delightful and very true to life story never fails to bring gales of laughter to both the girls and me. My personal favorite line is from grandma. "I never had this problem with my children."
For adults it really brings back memories of those time consuming snowsuit dressing days, potty stops in the middle of nowhere, and so much more!
Potty training isn't a crisis and it certainly isn't a scandal. Robert Munsch shows us it's ok to lighten up and laugh about real life!

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I paid for, Feb. 2 2012
This review is from: I Have to Go! (Paperback)
I only purchased this book to get the total to 25$ for free shipping. Some reviews complained about the size of the book, however the listing clearly shows the size. I will mail it to my nephew, and am pleased it is so tiny. The story is not what I expected but cute just the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings, Jan. 24 2010
A. Fountain (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Have to Go! (Paperback)
Could encourage kids to hold it when they have to go but it is a good book and my son was holding it before he had this book so it is a natural occurence. Thank you Munsch!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for a two year old!, Oct. 16 2010
This review is from: I Have to Go! (Board book)
My two year old daughter loves this book! Perfect compliment for potty training! She knows it by heart now and can definitely relate to Andrew!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for toilet trainers!, March 4 2000
By A Customer
Robert Munsch is wonderful! I Have To Go! is just one example of his amazing ability to get down to a child's level. I work as a child care provider and find that Munsch's book is a hit for all the toilet trainers. The children often re-create the events of the book in a playful way when they do "have to go!" This is a book the children ask for over and over and, amazingly, I never get tired of reading it to them!

I Have to Go!
I Have to Go! by Robert Munsch (Paperback - Jan. 1 1986)
CDN$ 1.99