5.0 out of 5 stars Are you kidding?
I was astonished to discover that people see this wonderful book as being about stalkers, incestuous relationships, guilt, etc., etc. NOW I know who comes up with the subjects for vile talk shows - and who watches them.
Published on May 26 2004 by JennyJuniper

3.0 out of 5 stars unconditional love
Love You Forever by Robert Munsch is a story about a mother's unconditional love for her son. I would recommend this book to parents and teachers because I think that it sends a good message. It delivers the message that you can love someone despite their flaws. It also shows that this love will come back to you and will be passed on to others.
Other books that...
Published on May 15 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars Are you kidding?, May 26 2004
This review is from: Love You Forever (Paperback)
Get a grip, people. This is a book about the deep, unceasing love that parents have for their children, and which they pass on through the family. Love creates love. It takes it to absurd lengths to make a point. If you're taking it literally, you seriously need psychiatric help; or maybe you've never loved.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST for all mohters, Sept. 24 2007
This review is from: Love You Forever (Paperback)
This is one of the sweetest books I have ever read - each year as your child gets older it becomes more and more meaningful - I repeat the verse: "I'll love you forever. I'll like you for always. As long as I am living my baby you'll be." to my son all the time - when he has fallen and has hurt himself, when he is tired and I am lying beside him in bed, or just when I want to repeat the beautiful words. He always likes to hear it and hopefully always will! . It is a most treasured book in his library. For my older girl I got two first books from the series Why Some Cats are Rascals, Book 2. It's another MUST HAVE

5.0 out of 5 stars Never in my life have I ever been so touched by one book., Oct. 23 1997
By A Customer
This review is from: Love You Forever (Hardcover)
Never in my life have I ever been so touched by one book. I have two daughters, Nicole, 5, and Emily, 2. It is my honor to read to them each night. The process is simple, they pick the stories and I read it to them. But on this one night, reading them a story was not simple. "Love you forever" was like no children's book I have read. In short, by books end I was in complete tears and hugging my two daughters and never wanting to let go. And though I did eventually let go of them physically, this book reinforced in me the thought that as long as I am alive, my two girls will be my little babies forever and always. Thanking you for reaching a part of my heart I didn't know existed. Michael Romeo (romeomj@earthlink.net) Burbank, CA

5.0 out of 5 stars love you forever, July 4 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Love You Forever (Paperback)
the book is about a lady who has a baby and loves him very much. his mother always sings a song to him when he is asleep even when he is older. one day his mom feels sick and calls him on the phone and tells him to go over. when he goes over he sings the same song to his mom and after that he started singing the son to his baby. i really like this book because it reminds me of my mom, she always sings to me and she loves me very much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love You Forever, July 5 2004
Cheryl Pahls (Little Rock, Arkansas USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love You Forever (Paperback)
As a mother of two teenaged sons who will be grown and gone in the twinkle of an eye, I have always loved this book. It is not incestuous in the least and I worry about someone who thinks this way. I don't understand how a mother who has given birth, held, cared for, raised, shared all the joys, disappointments, and accomplishments of one's sons growing to adulthood can even see it in that way. No matter how old or big my sons get, I will never lose the memory of them being my babies and how they were then. Neither my husband nor I can read this book or a couple of our favorites we read to them as children without getting tears in our eyes.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am shocked and disgusted, May 19 2004
This review is from: Love You Forever (Paperback)
and not at this book. It is so sweet and put me to tears while I read it to my baby boy. I am disgusted that people would read such awful things into such a sweet story...incest and stalking...thats just ridiculous.. I also let others read it and they also found it nothing but sweet.....
I know I'll teach my son that it means that a mothers love for her child has no end and that no matter what, I will always be there to comfort and soothe him no matter how old he gets and that when I need him, I know he will be there for me....

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful story, Oct. 1 2001
This review is from: Love You Forever (Hardcover)
A few years ago someone emailed me a story that was almost identical to this book, though some things were added and the wording was a little different. It made me cry every time I read it. Then I found out it was a children's book and bought it right away. Though I am not a mother yet, I had been babysitting my then 3 year old cousin since he was 6 months old. I read him the book and he loved it. You can't help rocking back and forth without even realizing it while you read. And while we were struggling with potty training, he would always ask me to read this story while he sat on the potty. He loves the pictures too and likes to point out all the silly things in them. He realizes that mothers don't rock their teenagers or adult children and go sneaking in windows. It's supposed to be silly and just make the point that the child will always be loved unconditionally and that they can depend on their parents to be there for them. Young children love routine and repetition and I think this story suits them well. And I think this story is saying that a child is never too big for a mothers love and comforting. I highly recommend it and think it is a safe choice to give as a gift, despite what a few might say about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It makes you cry so much, onions are jealous, May 14 2004
David C. Roller (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love You Forever (Paperback)
This is an amazing book. I cannot get through it without bawling like a baby.
I have a 4 year old daughter and a 2 year old son. My daughter and now my son for that matter do not like being called a baby any more. I just tell them that no matter how big they get that they will always be my babies. They don't yet understand that the emphasis is on the word "my" not "babies".
This book depicts a parent who understands her role in life: Pour your love into your child at whatever stage of life they are in.
I really love Sheila McGraws's illustration. They add poignancy to Robert Munch's saga.
I disagree with putting the toilet picture on the cover, though. The book is not really about the antics of the child it is about the love of the mother. If I were the decision maker (which of course I am not), I would put the picture of the mom crawling into her 2 year olds room on the cover. That picture captures the essence of the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars touching (emotionally so), Feb. 4 2007
elfdart - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Love You Forever (Paperback)
i have loved this book ever since i was young. its a story about unconditional love, how a parent will forever love their children no matter what they do or how old they get or how far away they move. after reading some of the other reviews, i have to say that there is nothing incestuous or morally disturbing about the book. it is about a mother's undying love for her son (this is not in the romantic sense). in fact i think you would have to be sick to warp something so innocent into something so twisted. is unconditional love so rare in society that a person cannot distinguish it from sexual love? must EVERYTHING revolve around sex? and as for the mother's death at the end of the book... this is not a terrifying way for a child to experience death (hopefully not for the first time). death is very much a part of life. all people will die eventually, which is something all people (even the small ones) must come to understand. and people face death every day of their lives. how do parents explain where hamburgers come from? or for vegetarians... well all vegetaion? i'm not advocating to brutally educate your children, i am only suggesting that keeping children ignorant of the basic facts of life is not helping them. if you can't talk to them about death (or for that matter, love between a mother and child), how are you going to talk to them about drugs and abusive relationships?

anyways, this is a touching, heart-warming story that should be enjoyed by all the people who can get their hands on it ^_^

5.0 out of 5 stars A 15 year old girl's perspective., July 19 2004
Michelle A. Cowart (Keller, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love You Forever (Paperback)
I adore this book! My mom read it to me all the time when I was little. This is a wholesome book that sends a message of love, not death to a child. I'm sure there are a handful of children who focus on the ending, but not many. And the adults who focus on the ending are obviously unable to handle the concept of death. This book doesn't send a message of incest or inappropriate interaction between a mother and child. It tells the story of a loving relationship between a mother and son that lasts beyond the realm of childhood. In fact, when I have children of my own, I will buy my own copy (perhaps sooner) and read it to them.

Love You Forever
Love You Forever by Robert Munsch (Paperback - Sept. 1 1995)
CDN$ 5.95 CDN$ 5.65