5.0 out of 5 stars Are you kidding?
I was astonished to discover that people see this wonderful book as being about stalkers, incestuous relationships, guilt, etc., etc. NOW I know who comes up with the subjects for vile talk shows - and who watches them.
Published on May 26 2004 by JennyJuniper

3.0 out of 5 stars unconditional love
Love You Forever by Robert Munsch is a story about a mother's unconditional love for her son. I would recommend this book to parents and teachers because I think that it sends a good message. It delivers the message that you can love someone despite their flaws. It also shows that this love will come back to you and will be passed on to others.
Other books that...
Published on May 15 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars Are you kidding?, May 26 2004
This review is from: Love You Forever (Paperback)
Get a grip, people. This is a book about the deep, unceasing love that parents have for their children, and which they pass on through the family. Love creates love. It takes it to absurd lengths to make a point. If you're taking it literally, you seriously need psychiatric help; or maybe you've never loved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never in my life have I ever been so touched by one book., Oct. 23 1997
This review is from: Love You Forever (Hardcover)
Never in my life have I ever been so touched by one book. I have two daughters, Nicole, 5, and Emily, 2. It is my honor to read to them each night. The process is simple, they pick the stories and I read it to them. But on this one night, reading them a story was not simple. "Love you forever" was like no children's book I have read. In short, by books end I was in complete tears and hugging my two daughters and never wanting to let go. And though I did eventually let go of them physically, this book reinforced in me the thought that as long as I am alive, my two girls will be my little babies forever and always. Thanking you for reaching a part of my heart I didn't know existed. Michael Romeo (romeomj@earthlink.net) Burbank, CA

5.0 out of 5 stars love you forever, July 4 2004
This review is from: Love You Forever (Paperback)
the book is about a lady who has a baby and loves him very much. his mother always sings a song to him when he is asleep even when he is older. one day his mom feels sick and calls him on the phone and tells him to go over. when he goes over he sings the same song to his mom and after that he started singing the son to his baby. i really like this book because it reminds me of my mom, she always sings to me and she loves me very much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love You Forever, July 5 2004
Cheryl Pahls (Little Rock, Arkansas USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love You Forever (Paperback)
As a mother of two teenaged sons who will be grown and gone in the twinkle of an eye, I have always loved this book. It is not incestuous in the least and I worry about someone who thinks this way. I don't understand how a mother who has given birth, held, cared for, raised, shared all the joys, disappointments, and accomplishments of one's sons growing to adulthood can even see it in that way. No matter how old or big my sons get, I will never lose the memory of them being my babies and how they were then. Neither my husband nor I can read this book or a couple of our favorites we read to them as children without getting tears in our eyes.

5.0 out of 5 stars A 15 year old girl's perspective., July 19 2004
Michelle A. Cowart (Keller, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love You Forever (Paperback)
I adore this book! My mom read it to me all the time when I was little. This is a wholesome book that sends a message of love, not death to a child. I'm sure there are a handful of children who focus on the ending, but not many. And the adults who focus on the ending are obviously unable to handle the concept of death. This book doesn't send a message of incest or inappropriate interaction between a mother and child. It tells the story of a loving relationship between a mother and son that lasts beyond the realm of childhood. In fact, when I have children of my own, I will buy my own copy (perhaps sooner) and read it to them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love You Forever is a Great Book. 10 Stars!, April 27 2004
Barbara Rose (BornToInspire.com) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love You Forever (Hardcover)
I read this book so many times to my children when they were small, they loved it each time, as it showed them the stages of life in a poignant and beautiful manner. I never cried from this book, and neither did my children, although I did get choked up, with moist eyes. It also brought about more of a loving bond, that shows the circle of life, and how important unconditional love is between a parent and child.
I highly recommend reading this book to a your child. It will show how much love there is, and how it endures "forever."

5.0 out of 5 stars I am shocked and disgusted, May 19 2004
This review is from: Love You Forever (Paperback)
and not at this book. It is so sweet and put me to tears while I read it to my baby boy. I am disgusted that people would read such awful things into such a sweet story...incest and stalking...thats just ridiculous.. I also let others read it and they also found it nothing but sweet.....
I know I'll teach my son that it means that a mothers love for her child has no end and that no matter what, I will always be there to comfort and soothe him no matter how old he gets and that when I need him, I know he will be there for me....

5.0 out of 5 stars Tender & Loving for Children & Adults, May 21 2004
This review is from: Love You Forever (Paperback)
This book is a realistic and child-appropriate portrait of the very natural process of life and growing older, and the bond between parent and child. Ultimately, it is a tear-jerker for adults and incredibly touching for kids. Kids are able to see that no matter how old they get, no matter how far away they move, they will always be cherished and loved by parents. The cute, little repititive rhyme on every other page is especially appealing to children.

3.0 out of 5 stars unconditional love, May 15 2002
This review is from: Love You Forever (Hardcover)
Other books that you might like would be:
Stellaluna
Darkness

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a treasure!, May 9 2004
Sylvia A. Roy (Edgewater, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love You Forever (Paperback)
I began reading this book to my son when he was 2 years old. He is now that teenager and yes, sometimes I feel like I am the zoo keeper in the zoo! The words ..."love you forever, like you for always..." are still used today. Many many times, I have signed cards to him ..."Love you Forever, like you for always..." The well used book with its worn out pages is a treaure and still sits on a shelf in his room.
S. Roy

Love You Forever
Love You Forever by Robert Munsch (Paperback - Sept. 1 1995)
CDN$ 5.95 CDN$ 5.65