5.0 out of 5 stars Best item I bought for the trip!
Published on April 18 2004 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Not really a map of Paris!
This map is crap. I mean it's really bad. Look at any Plan de Paris and you'll see they have one thing in common: they have a map of ALL of Paris, the ENTIRE city! This horrible map doesn't go any farther north than Sacre Coeur (strange), farther east than Pere Lachaise (not good) or farther south than Tour Montparnasse (absolutely, inexcusably whack). That's a huge...
Published on April 25 2003 by The Young Man Carbuncular

5.0 out of 5 stars Best item I bought for the trip!, April 18 2004
Amazon Customer "beckster32" (North Hampton, NH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Streetwise Paris Map - Laminated City Center Street Map of Paris, France (Map)
This map got us everywhere we wanted to go in Paris for our 1 week visit. I began using it right off the plane when our shuttle driver didn't know where our apartment was. We used it to keep the rain off our heads, and put it down on dirty benches to protect our clothes. The metro map meant that we never took a wrong train. We spent most of the week on foot and every street we were on was in the map. Most of the items and guides I brought along were looked at in the room before we left every morning, but this map was always with us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Map!, June 17 2003
"puarkat" (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This map was an essential element of my time spent in Paris. It is perfect if you're going to be in Paris and need a very detailed street map while walking through the city. It doesn't cover many of the outer-lying areas, but it covers the heart of the city in-depth. I speak zero French and this map got me wherever I needed to go. I would recommend any of 'Streetwise' maps. I have used quite a few, both internationally and nationally, and have found them all to be extremely useful. In fact, whenever I know I'm going to be visiting a different city I buy one! Also worth the price because the maps are very durable, they're laminated and I've never had one tear on me.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great travel companion!, Dec 20 2002
Amazon Customer "Idaho Rancher" (Post Falls, ID United States) - See all my reviews
The physical properties of this map make it a very handy, durable guide to get you around the heart of Paris. Laminated plastic, fan-folded like an accordian, it opens and closes in a snap. It survived five days riding around in my hip pocket, looking none the worse for wear. (Don't keep anything else of value in your pockets though. I very nearly got my pocket picked outside the Gare du Nord train station, and my wallet was deep in my front pocket! My wife spotted the little blighter, he couldn't have been older than 10, and alerted me.) When we returned home, it became one of our favorite keepsakes from the trip.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful and well made, Sept. 7 2009
Max (Quebec, Canada) - See all my reviews
We used this map on a trip to paris, and loved it.

There are "3D" graphics representing the monuments which is really a nice touch because it makes them easier to find and to recognize since there are so many. The colour scheme is also very nice.

The map does not go really far south, it stops at Tour Montparnasse, but we were just a corner away so it was not really a problem, plus there is really nothing much below anyway. To the east, it stops at Cimetière Père-Lachaise, and to the north at the Sacré-Coeur.

The metro map was incredibly useful to travel around, however I found it a little difficult at times to switch from the metro map to the map itself because the names of the stations are not written on the map itself (only the number of the line in a circle located where the station is)and on the opposite the street names are not written on the metro map. This means you have to flip it around a few times to look for the exact location of the station you want and then the name. The locations of the metro stations were not really exact either. Sometimes, we had to search for the entrance a little while!

Overall, we loved it because it is a high quality map and it is laminated, so it stays in shape even after being manipulated all week long, the street names are easy to read and the monuments easy to find. Since Paris is a very dense city with LOTS of things around, I believe these sacrifices HAD to be made or else it would have grown out of "pocket" proportions.

On a trip somewhere else, I would buy another map from Streetwise without hesitation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential!, April 3 2003
By A Customer
This is an essential resource for travelers to Paris. Whether it's your first visit or your tenth, this convenient, detailed and accurate map will enable you to see all the City of Light has to offer. It's laminated, and easily fits in your back pocket. Simple, inexpensive, and perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Street wise map, May 17 2014
This is a great map with lots of detail and easy to read. What I really like is the way to folds and because it it laminated it will last for a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Paris Mapped, Dec 10 2013
M. K. SMITH (THUNDER BAY ONTARIO CANADA) - See all my reviews
Used this extensively in Paris and was extremely helpful. Nice to have a map that goes in the purse and is laminated for easy use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, April 25 2013
The Paris city center together with all the details of attractions, places, and other information is given in a nice graphical way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Paris streetwise map, Sept. 27 2014