5.0 out of 5 stars You must first believe that the mind controls your health
Published on June 13 2004 by Esprit64

3.0 out of 5 stars Content helpful, type size small
Published on Sept. 22 2011 by Adminder

5.0 out of 5 stars You must first believe that the mind controls your health, June 13 2004
My journey through bad health has been going on now for eight years, cost me over $100,000, and my condition has been hurt more by the MDs who claimed they could fix it -- than was helped by them. Enough was enough. Doctors are more concerned about maxing their fees, assembly-lining as many patients per hour through their offices -- anything -- to overcome the hold that insurance companies presently have on their standard of living. And their patients -- are the losers to such practices. If you are to benefit from Louise Hay's book, you must accept that there is a mind/body connection to health -- a belief that our minds cause our colds as well as our cancers. That past traumas -- or simply bad beliefs -- have sufficient emotional impact on us -- "zapping" us -- into negative thought patterns that lodge somewhere in our bodies, wear us down, cause us to be hurt, in pain, paralyzed with fear, frightened into intertia -- in effect, our bodies to break down into -- dis-ease. That is the premise of this book. Should you believe it? After eight years of seeing top MDs to alternative practitioners, I tired of feeding "the healthcare mill" that makes MDs wealthy -- and me increasingly disabled. I am now fighting my way back to wellness -- exploring many authors based on their mind/body teachings, and using their techniques. My belief that I can get well is what is making me well. The proof is clear -- by the progress I have made.

5.0 out of 5 stars most enjoyable, May 1 2008
Susan Hampel (Calgary, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
i have watched this at least 3 times and have enjoyed it every time. it is well worth the money for the extended version. they did a fantastic job of putting this movie together. there is alot of information one can get out of this movie to help with one's life. i have heard nothing but good about this movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, Sept. 6 2008
N. Miousse (Sept-Iles, Québec Canada) - See all my reviews
I just finished watching this movie. It is so inspiring. I'm also reading the book and the movie helps a lot in understanding what needs to be done. Also, all the people who share their views in this movie are not telling you what to do but they explain their beliefs. It all makes sense. As for the extended version, it is the same as what they put in the movie but full length. So far, I only watched 2 (Louise Hay and Doreen Virtue). It's a great addition to the book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Content helpful, type size small, Sept. 22 2011
Book must be read with an open mind. Her insights on the mind-body connection to pain and illness are helpful, as are the practical suggestions for implementing positive affirmations and releasing past hurts. Insightful for people dealing with chronic pain or chronic illness, who've exhausted the medical options and can't figure out where to go from here. The "companion book" is a complementary add-on, helpful in releasing the past if one is ready to do the soul-searching involved.

Many of Louise's views re: our origin and purpose in life will not be shared by every reader, so one must be able to read with an open mind. For instance, she believes we are reincarnated, and that we choose our present circumstances (good or terrible) prior to our incarnation, as we feel that we need to learn lessons from them.)

I've read several of Louise's works. I found this particular book to have smaller type size, so it's not quite as easy to read, though the human (fallible, though insightful) wisdom contained therein is helpful if ingested with discretion.

Video is an interesting add-on, with comments from several different mind-body practitioners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, July 6 2011
Bought copies for family and friends and sent as gifts. I loan out my copy on an ongoing basis. This is life changing - how can you love anyone else until you truly love and forgive yourself first! Needs to be required viewing for all schools!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 9 2014
Very good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, June 15 2014
This review is from: You Can Heal Your Life (Paperback)
I cant believe this book. It is really somehting special. The biggest change that I have made since reading this book is me being more kind to myself. I tell myself messages like "its okay" and "I love you". This is extremely important because if you are not going to be nice to yourself then who is? Also it led me on to the discovery that even though my parents did some pretty bad things to me when I was a kid and I am pretty upset about that, there is still another side to the story. That is that my parents when they were little kids were probably treated the same way or worse. It never occurred to me that that would be a possibility until I read this book.

This book has lots of gems in it and I will be going back and reading this again especially the part on forgiveness.

5.0 out of 5 stars My guide love this book thank you, June 6 2014
This review is from: You Can Heal Your Life (Paperback)
I purchased this book for a gift for my partner .
Over the years I have learnt to I love myself . I believe if you send out positive thoughts and if I say yes to abundance in all forms in my life it manifest. There are times I aim very hard on myself this is when I stop and mediate. When I need I refer to "TheList" which I aim always amazed in how these words help . I aim in constant awareness of my arch angels.
My partner was having lower back pain ,taking meds and I mention the You can heal your life.... He is very open so we looked up lower back and he started and yes he amazed how it ease the pain which is no longer.
Yes I referred and have purchase this book as gifts for friends and family
I thank Lousie Hay for entering into my life she has been a delightful part of my life

5.0 out of 5 stars What did I like about this book?, May 6 2014
This review is from: You Can Heal Your Life (Paperback)
Gave me a lot of insight. Doing many of the things Louise Hay mentions such as love yourself will change your mindset and heal your physical body too.

5.0 out of 5 stars You Can Heal Your Life, March 10 2014
This book is amazing and saved my life. It is a must read for anyone looking to change their life and break old patterns and habits. I try to read this book once a year!

You Can Heal Your Life
You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay (Paperback - Jan. 1 1984)
CDN$ 14.95 CDN$ 10.79