Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Home, Kitchen and Garden Gift Guide

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(5 star).Show all reviews
on October 25, 2003
"Pets at Risk" offers a solution to the root of the problem, a hormonal imbalance that directly effects the immune system. Dr. Plechner treats the actual source of immune dysfunction not just the symptoms of an immune problem (such as allergies). This not only enables the animal's own body to recover from the illness or disease, but wards off future sickness that result from a weakened or sensitive immune system. So many treatments only deal with the symptoms, then the problem returns soon thereafter. Dr. Plechner's treatment offers a solution, for pet's such as my own dog, who did not respond to previous treatments.
I read Dr.Plechner's first book "Pet Allergies", and through his help and the help of our veterinarian, my dog lives a healthy life now. A few years ago, I had lost hope after other treatments had not worked to correct my dog Sophia's immune problem; which manifested as allergies, severe skin problems, ear infections, diarreah, and bacterial infections. After learning about Dr. Plechner's treatment to correct the imbalance and restore the immune system, I asked my vet to test Sophia for Endocrine-Immune Imbalance. My vet graciously agreed in order to help my dog get better. There is a very detailed chapter in "Pets at Risk" for veterianians and owners who wish to test (and treat) Endocrine-Immune Imbalance. There is also a chapter for breeders wishing to breed only healthy animals and how they can go about doing so.
Dr. Plechner discovered and researched (for three decades) a connection he found among animals with immune disfunction. It involves a common hormonal imbalance, due to a defective adrenal gland, that directly affects the immune system. It can manifest as kidney or liver disease, auto-immune disease, cancer,epilepsy, IBS, arthritis, FIP, FIV, FeLV, urinary disorders, allergies and many other immune diseases. The common thread is a defective adrenal gland hormone that effects the thyroid and Total Estrogen hormones which greatly effects the animal's immune system. He has studied this defect in dogs, cats and horses.
My mother's cat had suffered Eosinophilic Granuloma for years. Several vets had tried to help her with common treatments but none of them were successful. My mother's vet contacted Dr. Plechner and he walked her through the steps of the Endocrine-Immune blood test and then through treatment to correct the Endocrine-Immune Imbalance and restore Pumpkin's immune system. Today Pumpkin is a healthy cat with normal hormone and immunoglobulin levels because she was treated for Endocrine-Immune Imbalance. She has not had any lesions since treatment and has been on treatment now for two years.
Many of Dr. Plechner's ill patients were referred to him by other veterinarian's as a last resort before euthanasia, a lot of these animals recovered and remained on the treatment for 10 years or more and lived healthy lives. I cannot express how much his work has changed the life of two sick pets in our family and the people who love them. His decades of research have helped thousands of animals-many thought to be untreatable-live healthy, normal lives, .
I have been keeping up to date on his research and work and it is now being used by M.D.s to treat humans with the same imbalance that has lead to immune disorders.
I think "Pets At Risk" is going to be one of the most influential books in veterinary medicine of our time.
I am just so glad I found out about Endocrine-Immune Imbalance and the treatment. Many owners,veterinarians, breeders and animals have already benfitted from Dr. Plechner's work as a reseacher and veterinarian-I hope there are many more who do in the future because of this book.
on April 3, 2004
Veteranrian Alfred J. Plechner (a practicing graduate from the University of California-Davis School of Veterinary Medicine with thirty-five years of clinical work experience), draws upon his years of experience and considerable expertise in Pets At Risk: From Allergies To Cancer, Remedies For An Unsuspected Epidemic spotlights just how endocrine-immune imbalances can cause or exacerbate multiple medical disorders in our beloved animal companions. Offering practical advice for helping imbalanced dogs and cats with supplements; natural remedies for a variety of possible ailments; diet replacement programs, and so much,more, Pets At Risk also stresses the responsibilities pet owners face, as well as exploring the implications these groundbreaking discoveries have for we humans. Pets At Risk is essential, accessible, "reader friendly", and very strongly recommended for personal reading lists and community library Pet Care reference collections and supplemental reading lists.
on March 12, 2004
A friend sent me the Plechner book, "Pets At Risk". It went with me on vacation to Puerto Rico, where I read it cover to cover. There I was by the pool, reading avidly about canine endocrine disorders.
This is an absolutely enthralling read for anyone who cares about their pets' health. Vets have significantly improved their abilities to diagnose diseases, but are still grappling with treating the result versus treating the underlying cause. As an owner who has dealt with issues ranging from cancer to skin allergies to Addison's disease, I found Dr. Plechner's observations and insights providing "Aha!" moments.
I've already ordered books for each of my vets, in order to discuss whether this treatment could work with some long-term issues in some of our pets.
on January 15, 2004
Good morning Dr. Plechner,
Just a note to say thank you. "Cassie", my Irish Setter who brought us together, turned 6 on New Years Eve.
If you recall, she became ill with terrible skin allergies at 5 months old. No veterinarian, including Dr. Goldstein, specialists at Virgina Tech or NC State could help. Then I called you. Today she has an excellent EI-1 and takes Transfer Factor Canine Complete by 4-Life Research. She is down to 2mg Medrol a day and .2 Soloxine twice a day.
"Cassie" is happy and active. We call her the gate keeper as she escorts our other dogs in and out of their play areas.
Thank you for all you do. My breeding program will benefit Irish Setters because of your help.
Arlene D. Pilcer
on August 24, 2015
I would recommend this book, it really does make sense! This book is an easy read. Too bad more vet's don't know about this and practice it. I will be offering it to my vet to read for sure.
on May 1, 2012
Great, informative book! I think it would be useful information for all veterinarians to have, and plan on giving my vet a copy.