5.0 out of 5 stars life enhancer
This little book has been me back a sphere of life I thought was lost forever! Being unable to eat gluten and starch means my diet is seriously altered and has deteriorated over several years. But I can now eat bread, sandwiches, cookies (i cook without sugar) cakes - you have no idea how 'normal' that makes me feel. Thank you!
Published on Oct. 22 2011 by Denise

3.0 out of 5 stars NO MEATS AND SUGARS PLEASE
I agree with Dr. Davis about wheat but I don't like his recipes because they contain MEATS, BAKING POWDER, SUGAR and other (not so good) nutrients. Therefore i think we have to balance. The importance is not to eat MEATS, not use BAKING POWDER and REFINED SUGARS and eat whole grains in moderation with a lot of fruits and vegetables.

- I don't think vegetarians...
Published 10 months ago by Terry

5.0 out of 5 stars life enhancer, Oct. 22 2011
Denise (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Cooking with Coconut Flour: A Delicious Low-Carb, Gluten-Free Alternative to Wheat (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars fix for egg problem, July 24 2012
i just read and thought to myself, if i was reading these reviews I might be discouraged from buying this potentially awesome book. judging just by the "too many eggs" issue, but being a holistic chef, i might suggest that you google substitutions for eggs. i know that flax seed with warm water gels like the consistancy of and egg, and there are others, just chec it out. i hope this gives some hope to those who might have passed on this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally something to eat, Nov. 27 2011
I am allergic to all grains. It had been 6 yrs without any "bread", until I made the coconut bread. It didn't rise as much as I thought it would but the texture was great as was the taste. Looking forward to trying more products from the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars a very good book, Feb. 20 2011
This book has very clear instructions, and explains the problem with GF flours ( I dreaded the learning curve and I've previously thrown out lots of GF bread that I had made, then lots of GF flour---a terrible experience), as well as problems with coconut flour (I previously threw away a bag of it in disgust. Another terrible experience.)

We've just tried Bruce's coconut flour pancakes today. Delicious. Very encouraging. Thank you Dr. Bruce Fife for persevering. We are looking forward to trying other recipes from the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars New to wheat free, May 3 2013
I am new to wheat free and have found that coconut flour is my new go to flour of choice. This book has helped me transition and try out new recipes with easily found ingredients.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Recipes, April 7 2013
This book has great recipes that are easy to follow and taste fantastic. The whole family loved it. I recommend this book for anyone who wants to go gluten-free or just eat clean.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT RECIPES, Feb. 15 2013
Well, this is a first for me: a review on a cookbook. But I really like this little book. Made the Cream Cheese Squares tonight. Perfect! There are so many recipes in here I'm looking forward to trying. Definitely a five-star cookbook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book, Dec 26 2012
This is an excellent book for people dealing with health issues. Lots of information. Answered a few questions I had.

5.0 out of 5 stars Different Way of Cooking, July 6 2013
2 CUPS A DAY - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
We are enjoying the different recipes in this book. I love coconut in any way, shape or form! It helps that coconut is healthy!

4.0 out of 5 stars My Go-To Coconut Recipe Book, April 8 2014
Lorie B. Reed (Perth Rd. Village, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
Whenever I need a grain free recipe book, I always look to this one. The recipes are easy to follow, provide options, including reduced sugar options and cover the whole array of choices from muffins to fancier baking. My only bug-a-boo is that in the cookie recipe section it is not clear on what cookies are soft and which ones are crunchy. Outside of that you have a complete index of tasty choices

ARRAY(0xa72475c4)