5.0 out of 5 stars Beauiful, simple and very yummy yummy, June 22 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Fish: Chinese Style Made Easy (Paperback)
This is one of my favorites. The beautiful color pictures are great. The instructions are simple and easy to follow. The list of ingredients clear. I tried many of the dishes and haven't been disappointed yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great cookbook from Wei-chuan, Nov. 16 2010
C. J. Thompson "Arctic John" (Pond Inlet, Nunavut Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Fish: Chinese Style Made Easy (Paperback)
I am not an enthusiastic fish eater but I do occasionally like to try fish dishes (especially Chinese) and this book is one of the best. As with all Wei-Chuan books there are photographs for each and every recipe. Even though I may not try more than a few recipes I do enjoy seeing the beautiful way in which each has been presented.

Prospective purchasers should be aware that the recipes are exclusively fish and *not* shellfish (although, somewhat curiously, there is a recipe for 'Turtle in Soy Sauce' at page 80). There is also a recipe, at p.78 entitled 'Shark lips in Soy Sauce' and I confess that this is the first I have heard of Shark even *having* lips (although, after doing a bit of on-line research, I learned that shark lips is actually shark skin that has been prepared in a particular way). Still, it sounds an incredibly interesting ingredient and I hope I can locate it somewhere in order to tryout the recipe.

I also am very interested in trying the 'Squirrel-Patterned Fish' (p.37). I have seen similar recipes in other books and wish to be able to duplicate the way the fish is cut before being cooked (unfortunately, this book, as with others I have, doesn't provide the clearest of instructions for the actual cutting technique). The picture of the finished dish is somewhat helpful but I would very much have liked some step-by-step pictures like the ones they provide for filleting fish at the beginning of the book. In any event, that is only a minor quibble that I have with this great cookbook and I heartily recommend it.

Fish: Chinese Style Made Easy
Fish: Chinese Style Made Easy by Lee/Chen (Paperback - Aug. 5 2004)
Used & New from: CDN$ 21.24