5.0 out of 5 stars Wake up medical profession and learn something new, March 2 2006
P Blake (New York, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Close Your Mouth: Buteyko Clinic Handbook for Perfect Health (Paperback)
Asthma free naturally. The medical profession have overlooked probably the only factor guaranteed to help solve your asthma. For some reason, people are not told to close their mouth or to correct their breathing. Why is this?
Is there too much income to be earned from the existing structure? The Asthma Society who are suppossed to be our friends are funded by drug companies and so are afraid to rock the boat.
Give asthmatics inhalers for the rest of their life and spend no research on hyperventilation. The medical profession have a lot to answer for.
Meanwhile millions suffer- people like you and me.
If you are asthmatic- you will understand what I mean from reading this book. I cannot understand the logic, of why this is not taught to every adult and child.

4.0 out of 5 stars Absolute must for asthmatics, March 3 2006
Buteyko breathing and helpful accounts of diet and exercise- ground breaking stuff. I would advise readers to do their research on Buteyko especially if they have breathing related problems. The site of the book is [...] - look at the history, conditions, and scientific evidence from the New Zealand Medical Journal and Australia Medical Journal. It is incredible that this approach has not being adopted into mainstream medication - maybe this will happen but will surely take time. You can take the first steps now- read this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, understandable and very helpful, Feb. 13 2006
Keith Ahern (Edmonton, Canada) - See all my reviews
Overall - this book is a tremendous little asset to help improve ones health. I read this and another called Asthma Free naturally and the two together have helped my coughing, wheezing and snoring far more than anything which I have applied in the past. I really think that this is a book which should be gave to all doctors to educate them on the effects of hyperventilation and what it does to our health. This book is well worth the read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Read this to improve your health, Feb. 20 2006
This is a gem of a book and explains in a very simple way- how our breathing volume influences our health. I used it to help stop coughing, wheezing and snoring and it changed my life after having these conditions for many years.
How the medical profession have missed out on the area of overbreathing is beyond me.
I guarantee that things will improve.

4.0 out of 5 stars A best seller in its own right, March 14 2006
This book is bound to become a best seller. The information is superb. Easily legible, understandable and supported by over forty years of research. I recently viewed the trials of Buteyko breathing for asthma- these results should be made more available.
Read this book for your health. I guarantee that you will be satisfied by the message therein.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and compelling, Jan. 21 2006
Jim Q (Dublin Ireland) - See all my reviews
This book says exactly what it says it will. It is highly informative without overloading the reader with information. From reading it and applying the message, Perfect health is only a read away.
Highly recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars A best seller in its own right, Nov. 11 2011

Close Your Mouth: Buteyko Clinic Handbook for Perfect Health
Close Your Mouth: Buteyko Clinic Handbook for Perfect Health by Patrick G. McKeown (Paperback - Sept. 4 2004)
CDN$ 16.45 CDN$ 16.41