4.0 out of 5 stars ****
The book was in very good condition.

Although it is an excellent resource, it really needs to be at your fingertips when such a tragedy arrives.

I will now have a copy to share with others who experience such misfortune.
Published 12 months ago by M. LeSage

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Information
This book was helpful in understanding medical terms and stillbirth. It seemed to lack in emotional depth, but it was still good.
Published on Feb. 24 2000

4.0 out of 5 stars ****, June 26 2013
This review is from: Empty Arms: Coping with Miscarriage, Stillbirth and Infant Death (Paperback)
The book was in very good condition.

I will now have a copy to share with others who experience such misfortune.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Helpful Start, Dec 19 2002
By A Customer
I was given this book by the nurse at the hospital shortly after delivering my full term daughter, who was stillborn Christmas Eve in 1989. It was very helpful in dealing with the grief and I referred to it often when I went home. I would recommend hospitals provide this immediately after the birth/loss to parents experiencing this kind of devastating loss.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple format makes it helpful, Feb. 2 2002
By A Customer
This is a good book if you want something simple. It is in the question, answer format and fairly short. You can easily find what you are looking for without having to search through the other stuff you don't want to think about right now. It would have been extremely helpful right when my son died. It would be good for the hospitals to give out. It didn't have as many stories of other couples (they do help you to feel less alone) as I would have liked, though. There is some advice on how to go on and answers to questions I would not have even thought of, though so I do recommend it. It shouldn't be the only book you buy on loss, but if you can afford more than one, get this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars when no one else understood, Dec 27 2001
By A Customer
Sherokee Isle wrote this wonderful book that touches on all that I went through. I have recommended it to many friends with similar experiences and it has helped them cope with the loss of their little Angels too. I even wrote to her (her address is in tha back of the book) to thank her for helping me, and she sent a hand written personl note back to me telling me how sorry she was for my loss. There are many things she suggests doing to help you through this hard time. She validates your feelings and discusses her personal stories. She is a voice of experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still Remember, May 2 2001
Kimberly Anderson (St. Paul, Minnesota) - See all my reviews
I lost a son 9 years ago and now friends of mine have lost twins. I received a few books after my loss but this is the book that helped me the most and now I am ordering the book to give to my friends hoping it will help them as much as it helped me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timing is everything in benefitting from this book., May 2 2001
S. Wood (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
My heart goes out to everyone else who has written a review of this book as well as the countless number who have read it without reviewing it. We lost our son to a cord accident at 20 weeks last July and during the long induced labor process in the hospital I was given many materials to read. This book was among them and stands out in my memory as being the most helpful at that time. We needed the technical info and were not yet ready to start the tough work of emotional healing that lay ahead. It's helpful to think of this book as first aid at the beginning of the crisis while you are in shock and to turn to other, more in-depth emotional reading when you are ready for it.
It was exactly what we needed at the time, and I thank the author, publisher, and the hospital who provided it to us.

2.0 out of 5 stars Empty Arms, March 28 2001
By A Customer
I read this book about 5 weeks after my daughter was stillborn on 2/12/01 at 39 weeks. It was very technical and dealt with the decisions that need to be made in the hospital or soon after. By the time I read the book, most of the decisions the book talks about having to make had already been made. It really has not been much help through my grieving process

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, Nov. 21 2000
By A Customer
I was given this book when I lost my son. I read this book over and over again. It really allowed me to share my feelings concerning his death by knowing I wasn't alone. I would recommend this book to anyone who has suffered the loss of a child.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have recommended this book to so many families!, Sept. 27 2000
Elizabeth Meaney (Lancaster, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I also cannot say enough about this book. When my twins died, I read so many books, trying to find something that might help ease my pain and help me to deal with what had happened. This book was the answer. It was the only book that addressed all the questions I had, talked about every feeling I was experiencing and spoke not only about miscarriage and stillbirths, but also about infant death which none of the other books I read really discussed. It was the only book that helped to lift the pain off my heart and some of the weight off my shoulders. I donated a copy to our local chapter of SHARE and I received numerous thanks from the families trying to cope with their grief.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Information, Feb. 24 2000

Empty Arms: Coping with Miscarriage, Stillbirth and Infant Death
CDN$ 14.03
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available