4.0 out of 5 stars Give the guy a break

1.0 out of 5 stars Sorry I bought it
Published on May 17 2000 by A. Perez

4.0 out of 5 stars Give the guy a break, June 9 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: The Irritable Bowel Syndrome-Gastrointestinal Solutions Handbook (Paperback)
I've read at least 10 other books on IBS, and this is one of the best. Not the least of its attributes is the extremely user-friendly prose. He writes to insure the consumer will understand anatomy, the digestive tract, the chemical-emotional-biological processes involved in IBS and a number of related ailments. And it's not just another general survey. He gives recommendations that are realistic, sensible, and helpful. Believe me, you could do far worse and spend a lot more than to begin with this book and, in fact, to end with it.
I'm not sure what all of the previous negative reviewers are carping about--complaints about the distribution of the book that have nothing to do with its content and belly-aching that the book isn't focused enough. (IBS is a "syndrome," madam!) This is a book that is, above all, highly readable and written by someone who is tuned in. He won't bore you, nor will he waste your time. Don't be misled by preceding reviews. If he does, Amazon will refund your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sorry I bought it, May 17 2000
Not only is this book a waste of money but its title is so misleading that borders on the fraudulent. Only about 15% of the book deals with the puported subject (IBS). The only thing you are going to learn from this Handbook is that you should not smoke, take caffeine, drink alcoholic beverages or eat fat and sugar. And then only on general health priciples, not because this regime would be particularly helpful in alleviating the IBS syntoms. What a take!

1.0 out of 5 stars The Irritable Bowel Syndrome & Gastrointestinal Solutions Ha, Feb. 22 2002
By A Customer
I need some help. I ordered the above Handbook out of the February 2002 AARP Bulletin on February 2002. I mailed them a check. I have not received my handbook. There was no telephone number to call to find out the status of the order. The mailing address is United Research Publishers Dept. AAS-7 PMB T; 132 North El Camino Real; Encinitas CA 92024. If anyone knows a telephone number that I could call, please give it to me.
Thanks
Nan Curtis

Nannie B Curtis (Baltimore, Maryland United States) - See all my reviews
Thanks
Nan Curtis

5.0 out of 5 stars Contains natural tips that all but cured my IBS problems, Sept. 19 1998
By A Customer
This book contains loads of info on natural and alternative methods to alleviate IBS and gastrointestinal distress. It is easy and even fun to read. I personally tried the evening primrose supplements recommended in the book. I can't exlain why this helped. But my IBS problems are gone.

1.0 out of 5 stars For Nan Curtis - contacting the publisher, Sept. 13 2002
Avalon (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
Hi Nan - The book publisher has a website where you can email them, though they do not list a phone number. The site is ...unitedresearchpubs.com and there is a "contact us" page.
I am really sorry they took advantage of you that way.

1.0 out of 5 stars Completely worthless!, June 21 1999
By A Customer
Who is Chet Cunningham? Someone who obviously knows nothing about what IBS is nor how one should treat it. This book is totally useless and some of his advice is outright dangerous. Garbage!

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, Nov. 20 2003
By A Customer
What a waste of money. This books gives information that is very basic. The book is more basic then any magazine article on the subject of IBS.

The Irritable Bowel Syndrome-Gastrointestinal Solutions Handbook
The Irritable Bowel Syndrome-Gastrointesti
nal
by Chet Cunningham (Paperback - April 1997)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01