5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous data, life saving
I read one of the above reviewers thoughts,
Published on July 17 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars Good info on food
This book is good for explaining how to eat for alkalinity. It shows you various foods and their values on the acid and alkaline scale, gives you good tips on combination of foods and meal plans. It does not go into alkaline water much which I feel is essential to add. A great book to introduce one to acid and alkaline forming foods.
Published on May 25 2009 by J. C. I. K.

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous data, life saving, July 17 2004
By A Customer
I read one of the above reviewers thoughts,
Reviewer: Lizz Clements (NH, USA)... I totally disagree with her, inside this book are charts showing the food pH. values of all fruits, vegetables, starches (even drinks) how mixing starches with proteins, vegetables mixed with proteins, or starches (visa a versa) how they all work together to cause either a healthy alkalized pH. Environment, or how you have created within yourself an acidic environment... This book has a fold out chart showing how to mix each food type, and what will be the results, you could not ask for a more in depth way to know how to adjust food groups easily towards balancing your body pH. causing a healing process... It's very simple after reading this "Fabulous Book" for the lay person to shop, buy, use alkalizing foods to restore your health vitality homeostasis, I recommend it highly, Sincerely Dennis...

5.0 out of 5 stars Alkalize or Die by Theodore Baroody, Aug. 25 2003
This review is from: Alkalize or Die (Paperback)
This is an excellent work. It describes the fundamental
imbalance of the pH factor and the differential impact on a
whole host of disease processes. The ideal diet should contain
a fair amount of foods in the alkaline category. Too much
acidity has been associated with many chronic conditions and
diseases. The pH level may stabilize at approximately 5.5
to 7.0 on a scale of 0-14 with 0-7 being the acid foods
and 7 or more being the alkaline foods. Our daily diet
should consist of an optimal balance of the acid/alkaline
foods. The Baroody work describes this pH balance in considerable
detail. As such, it is a necessary part of the overall
nutritional program for both children and adults.
The standard diet of junk food tends to create a pH bias
which is acidic rather than a representative balance of
acid and alkaline food groups. This aspect is further developed
in the book. As such, Baroody's work is a valuable supplement
to your nutrition planning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my life, Dec 28 2004
PHEONIX (Welland, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alkalize or Die (Paperback)
Before reading this book I was someone who was very lost. Four years ago I was diagnosed with Bi-polar and obsesive compulsive dissorder. Later on I also found out that I had ADD. I could no longer consentrate or live. I resorted to taking street drugs for relief. I was a "Macdonald's eater", eating 90% acid forming food a day.
Three months ago I ended up in the hospital with something the doctors called total body failure. My bowels were irregular, my left side had doubled in size, i lost 30 pounds in two weeks, was having panic attacks, developped symptoms of Parkenson's, my kidney's had infection in them, severe acid reflux, etc.
Then I began seeing a homeopath who saved my life. She gave me natural herbs that calmed my mind from the ADD & regulated my panic attacks. She also gave me this book.
Now three months later, I can walk around freely where as I couldn't get out of bed before. I enjoy life for once and find no need for the massive consumption of drugs, cigarettes, alcohol as before. I'm closer to God and love my-self more than I thought possible. I look forward to life and thank those who opened my eyes to it.
This book will save your life. Keep in mind, I'm only 18 years old.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good info on food, May 25 2009

3.0 out of 5 stars An Adequate Introduction, March 8 2004
This review is from: Alkalize or Die (Paperback)
With the increasing amount of scientific studies concerning pH balance in the blood and enzymes in our diet, it is no wonder that more and more people are becoming curious about what is essentially causing the catastrophic plague of illness and disease found in modern day human beings. Mr. Baroody's book presents an introductory explanation and study of the body's alkalinity and how certain foods increase the alkalinity or acidity of the bloodstream. As more and more scientists are urging, his advice is to maintain a diet which creates an alkaline environment within the body. I agree with this advice. I have also found this book to be useful in determining which foods have an alkalizing effect on the body. Where this book is inadequate, however, is in balancing the combination of acid and alkaline forming foods in the equation that the author presents. Because he does not specify combining foods to fit this equation in terms of weight, the entire formula can be considered useless because it is not complete. For those of you who are searching for an introduction to alkalization, I recommend this book as a resource and not as a guide.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and good resource for nutritional info but not a bible, Aug. 10 2011
This review is from: Alkalize or Die (Paperback)
A great source of info on alkalinity and it's health benefits as well as lists of foods and what they do to the body. He knows his stuff... but he is also half out of his mind I think... Food combo stuff is crazy/unrealistic (I cannot believe that fruit should be consumed alone - too high in sugars), and the "spiritual" component of the book is a little much. Read discerningly and learn what you can use/apply to the betterment of your own life & diet!

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissatisfied with seller, Jan. 9 2012
This review is from: Alkalize or Die (Paperback)
I waited for this book and received the wrong one, only to find out that they did not have the right one in stock. I was counting on this book as a birthday gift. When the parcel arrived I was excited, just to be let down when I opened to find the wrong book inside. I will never understand why they shipped the wrong book to us, the cover of the book wasn't even the same color.

Will never buy from these people again, you can cast that in stone.

1.0 out of 5 stars unhappy, Jan. 30 2012
This review is from: Alkalize or Die (Paperback)
have not receved my books yet and am vary unhappy been waiting for a couple months and am still waiting!!

Alkalize or Die
Alkalize or Die by Theodore A. Baroody (Paperback - Dec 1991)
CDN$ 16.69
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available