5.0 out of 5 stars If someone in your life has cancer, this book is a must!
Published on March 26 2003 by Bobbi

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed
Because of the title I bought the book, because I am against using chemo and radiation, so when I saw the title "Beating Cancer with Nutrition", that's what I believed it to be about.
If you know nothing about vitamins and don't have the internet, this book will interest you.
Published on Feb. 4 2004

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars If someone in your life has cancer, this book is a must!, March 26 2003
Bobbi (Baldwinsville, NY (USA)) - See all my reviews
I would like to first of all explain I am not a doctor, nurse or nutritionist. The only letters associated with my name are Mrs. I've been married to a wonderful man for the past 32 years and he was diagnosed with cancer five months ago. Not just in the colon, as we were originally told, but surgery found it in his liver, spleen, stomach, upper and lower intestines. The surgeon told us that there was too much cancer and he didn't want to start "cutting him up". I was not going to sit back and just let him be taken by cancer. I purchased "Beating Cancer with Nutrition" by Patrick Quillin, PHD, RD, CNS after reading a pamphlet, written by him, that I picked up at the local supermarket. I immediately started my husband on supplements that were recommended for the various symptoms he had. Our oncologist told us the liver is the best measure of the amount of cancer and that the tumors in the liver shrink in direct proportion to the amount of cancer in the rest of the body. The tumor on his liver was 13cm by 10cm at the time of the first CAT scan. His second CAT scan, four months later, shows it is now 9cm by 7cm. Yes, my husband is getting chemotherapy in addition to the healthy eating and supplements. He has gained back 20 of the 50 pounds he lost and is in better health than he has been in years. His tumor markers have dropped from 75.8 to 20.5 in 2 months. I have no reason to believe that he won't be free of cancer.
I have read this book from cover to cover and have seen what putting Dr Quillin's advice into use can do. If you, anyone you love, care about or know are faced with cancer, you owe it to yourself and to them to read this book, put his words to the test. It's not hard to understand. I have only a high school diploma and a strong desire to bring my husband back to health. All you need is a desire to beat cancer and as Dr Quillin says "Hope, Optimism and a Fighting Spirit".

5.0 out of 5 stars A Nurse's/Advanced Breast Cancer patient's review:, Nov. 11 2008
Monique Voyer "Moe" (British Columbia, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beating Cancer with Nutrition [With Audio CD] (Paperback)
Spending 16yrs as a Nurse and studying nutritional health and suddenly in the battle for my own life with inherited Breast Cancer, I came upon this book. When I was diagnosed, Nov.29 2005, I was late Stage 3 and until demanding, demanding! a biopsy, I was treated as Fibrocystic Disease. I underwent a left complete radical mastectomy with lymph node removal (13/15 positive and 7 completely taken over) and a right (prophylactic) complete mastectomy. Underwent 8 treatments of chemo, 28 treatments of radiation, and a requested bilateral oophrectomy.
In the book,I loved the: 21 day approach to educate yourself and get started, detailed information it provides, list of websites it recommends to help find products and an informative CD for those who cannot read all the book due to their ailment.
Some of the main topics that really helped me recover enough to even start this process were: What cancer craves... --> sugar! and to keep it out of your diet as much as possible. I was never a sweets eater but I was having massive sugar cravings and it was a blessing to know why. Also, the protein types you need daily to help fight gave me the energy and health I needed to get out of bed and started. As for joint pain from the chemo, starting on salmon oils to increase my omega 3 that helps reduce inflammation and to reduce red meats with lots of omega 6 that increases inflammation was just incredible with instant results. This book is easy to read, very achievable and cost effective. Make a list and hit the local stores around you. I will admit the immunopower is expensive and unfortunately a bit of a luxury item. What I would like to see added for information is what symptoms to watch for from supplements if your diet is rich enough. And mouth care from side effects to chemo and Oral Thrush. I used a wet and dry cloth for cleaning gums, teeth and tongue and coated my mouth with two vit E oil capsules before bedtime.
For anyone who would like to share or discuss their concerns with me, please write to me at cmmonique@hotmail.com

5.0 out of 5 stars MUST read for anyone dealing with Cancer!, June 15 2014
This review is from: Beating Cancer with Nutrition [With Audio CD] (Paperback)
Without offering false hope this author delivers concrete and clear ways that individuals dealing with cancer can support their bodies through treatment improving their outcomes and often mitigating the effects of aggressive cancer therapies. This book should be required reading for anyone in the alternative health sector and certainly anyone dealing with cancer themselves - whatever course of action patients choose there are ways to support them and their bodies through the process. This book is well written and easy to read with loads of case studies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, June 3 2012
This review is from: Beating Cancer with Nutrition [With Audio CD] (Paperback)
Good book for anyone and an excellent gift for anyone you love and is going trough cancer treatments. I enjoyed the reading, learned a lot and gave it as a gift.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, Feb. 4 2004
By A Customer
Also because he has a book entitled, Healing Secrets from the Bible", I didn't think he was going to rely on conventional methods, but he does advocate radiation and chemo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome to your new bible, Sept. 14 2001
M. J. Hudgins (Kailua, Hawaii) - See all my reviews
If the Head of Nutrition of the Cancer Institutes of America says something, you have to think he knows what he's talking about. If Linus Pauling says the information in this book is clinically proven, you have to listen! A person hit with a cancer diagnosis is initially lost, scared, and relying completely on his/her MD. That MD is probably an excellent mechanic, vital in the process, but has probably had zero training in nutrition or immunotherapy. He may even look askance at alternative and foreign medicine. Also, alternative, vitamin, supplement, nutrition, immune system information is scattered, word of mouth, attacked by the FDA, confusing. NO MORE. This book Organizes and presents all this disparate material, cites research, tells you what you need to be doing Now. It goes much further. The sections on misconceptions, toxic vitamin doses, best-to-bad foods are invaluable. The executive summary at the front is a great idea, the boxed stories of cures and the motivational blurb are written by a man who really cares and knows this stuff works. Finally, not all your food has to go through a blender, Thank you, Noreen. This is a wonderful book, your roadmap for taking charge of your health and defeating your illness. Buy it immediatly, get out some paperclips and a highlighter and change your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beating Cancer With Nutrition, Sept. 21 2003
This book is the lifeline for anyone diagnosed with cancer. My father was diagnosed in January 2003 with renal cell carcinoma, metastatic. The doctors gave him less than 6 months to live. We tried a variety of the things mentioned in the book, including essiac tea, vitamins, and a nutritional diet. It had spread to his liver, spleen, and lung. Since reading and following the wonderful examples and advice in this book, my father is now working and living a productive life. The doctor was amazed and said not to change a thing that he was doing. Since he had had heart surgery and was a diabetic, many treatment options were not available. Other than interferon, he only utilized the information in Dr. Quillins book. That was enough to stop the cancer growth and give him another chance at life. Thank you Dr. Quillin for this wonderful book and the invaluable lifesaving information within.
Cynthia Haire

5.0 out of 5 stars Beating Cancer Wit Nutrition, Sept. 21 2003
This book and the information in it, along with prayer, literally saved my fathers life. He was diagnosed with metastatic renal cell carcinoma that had spread to the liver, lung and spleen. Less than 6 months was his life expectancy. That was in January of 2003. He is now in remission. There is now no trace of cancer cells in his lung or spleen. When we got the book, he was on 125 mg of fentanyl patch, now is on 15 mg morphine twice a day and is weaning off of it. He was in so much pain, just wanted it to end at first, then started feeling better. The doctors were amazed at his recovery. He is a heart patient and has diabetes, so was unable to have chemo or radiation. Thank you, Dr. Quillin for giving us hope and the means to fight this battle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but...., Feb. 27 2004
By A Customer
I was just recently diagnosed with cancer and Pat provides some great nutritional information, but when he starts promoting his high priced, high powered immunopower supplement it makes me wonder just what his motives are. Selling his supplements or helping cancer victims. I doubt most cancer patients will be able afford the price of Pat's supplements. Com'on Pat we are dying here. Give us break - a price break.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book first!, Oct. 4 2009
Lisa B. Paul (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beating Cancer with Nutrition [With Audio CD] (Paperback)
Great book for hope for all cancer patients! Great examples of patients who followed his program and survived or improved their remaining years. Solid, sound nutritional advice with lots of studies to back them up.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Beating Cancer with Nutrition [With Audio CD]
Beating Cancer with Nutrition [With Audio CD] by Noreen Quillin (Paperback - May 1 2005)
CDN$ 26.78 CDN$ 17.52