5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome to your new bible
Published on Sept. 14 2001 by M. J. Hudgins

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed
Because of the title I bought the book, because I am against using chemo and radiation, so when I saw the title "Beating Cancer with Nutrition", that's what I believed it to be about.
If you know nothing about vitamins and don't have the internet, this book will interest you.
Also because he has a book entitled, Healing Secrets from the Bible", I didn't think he...
Published on Feb. 4 2004

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome to your new bible, Sept. 14 2001
M. J. Hudgins (Kailua, Hawaii) - See all my reviews
If the Head of Nutrition of the Cancer Institutes of America says something, you have to think he knows what he's talking about. If Linus Pauling says the information in this book is clinically proven, you have to listen! A person hit with a cancer diagnosis is initially lost, scared, and relying completely on his/her MD. That MD is probably an excellent mechanic, vital in the process, but has probably had zero training in nutrition or immunotherapy. He may even look askance at alternative and foreign medicine. Also, alternative, vitamin, supplement, nutrition, immune system information is scattered, word of mouth, attacked by the FDA, confusing. NO MORE. This book Organizes and presents all this disparate material, cites research, tells you what you need to be doing Now. It goes much further. The sections on misconceptions, toxic vitamin doses, best-to-bad foods are invaluable. The executive summary at the front is a great idea, the boxed stories of cures and the motivational blurb are written by a man who really cares and knows this stuff works. Finally, not all your food has to go through a blender, Thank you, Noreen. This is a wonderful book, your roadmap for taking charge of your health and defeating your illness. Buy it immediatly, get out some paperclips and a highlighter and change your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beating Cancer With Nutrition, Sept. 21 2003
This book is the lifeline for anyone diagnosed with cancer. My father was diagnosed in January 2003 with renal cell carcinoma, metastatic. The doctors gave him less than 6 months to live. We tried a variety of the things mentioned in the book, including essiac tea, vitamins, and a nutritional diet. It had spread to his liver, spleen, and lung. Since reading and following the wonderful examples and advice in this book, my father is now working and living a productive life. The doctor was amazed and said not to change a thing that he was doing. Since he had had heart surgery and was a diabetic, many treatment options were not available. Other than interferon, he only utilized the information in Dr. Quillins book. That was enough to stop the cancer growth and give him another chance at life. Thank you Dr. Quillin for this wonderful book and the invaluable lifesaving information within.
Cynthia Haire

5.0 out of 5 stars If someone in your life has cancer, this book is a must!, March 26 2003
Bobbi (Baldwinsville, NY (USA)) - See all my reviews
I would like to first of all explain I am not a doctor, nurse or nutritionist. The only letters associated with my name are Mrs. I've been married to a wonderful man for the past 32 years and he was diagnosed with cancer five months ago. Not just in the colon, as we were originally told, but surgery found it in his liver, spleen, stomach, upper and lower intestines. The surgeon told us that there was too much cancer and he didn't want to start "cutting him up". I was not going to sit back and just let him be taken by cancer. I purchased "Beating Cancer with Nutrition" by Patrick Quillin, PHD, RD, CNS after reading a pamphlet, written by him, that I picked up at the local supermarket. I immediately started my husband on supplements that were recommended for the various symptoms he had. Our oncologist told us the liver is the best measure of the amount of cancer and that the tumors in the liver shrink in direct proportion to the amount of cancer in the rest of the body. The tumor on his liver was 13cm by 10cm at the time of the first CAT scan. His second CAT scan, four months later, shows it is now 9cm by 7cm. Yes, my husband is getting chemotherapy in addition to the healthy eating and supplements. He has gained back 20 of the 50 pounds he lost and is in better health than he has been in years. His tumor markers have dropped from 75.8 to 20.5 in 2 months. I have no reason to believe that he won't be free of cancer.
I have read this book from cover to cover and have seen what putting Dr Quillin's advice into use can do. If you, anyone you love, care about or know are faced with cancer, you owe it to yourself and to them to read this book, put his words to the test. It's not hard to understand. I have only a high school diploma and a strong desire to bring my husband back to health. All you need is a desire to beat cancer and as Dr Quillin says "Hope, Optimism and a Fighting Spirit".

5.0 out of 5 stars Beating Cancer Wit Nutrition, Sept. 21 2003
This book and the information in it, along with prayer, literally saved my fathers life. He was diagnosed with metastatic renal cell carcinoma that had spread to the liver, lung and spleen. Less than 6 months was his life expectancy. That was in January of 2003. He is now in remission. There is now no trace of cancer cells in his lung or spleen. When we got the book, he was on 125 mg of fentanyl patch, now is on 15 mg morphine twice a day and is weaning off of it. He was in so much pain, just wanted it to end at first, then started feeling better. The doctors were amazed at his recovery. He is a heart patient and has diabetes, so was unable to have chemo or radiation. Thank you, Dr. Quillin for giving us hope and the means to fight this battle.

5.0 out of 5 stars It' worth it!, March 18 2004
Karin (California) - See all my reviews
Beating cancer with nutrition is giving the reader all the background information about cancer and how to best fight it. In addition, Dr. Quillin outlines his approach for nutritional therapy. The reader can choose to buy the supplements seperately or can buy Immunopower, a combination of powder (for shakes) and pills. Yes, Immunopower has been developed by Dr. Quillin and is quiet expensive. But buying seperately (and I have tried to do this) is even more expensive. Unfortunately, cancer is not an easy or cheap disease to fight. Dr. Quillin talks a lot about Immunopower in his book, but only because it truly is the best thing out there to fight cancer.
I was diagnosed with Stage II breast cancer in Sept. 2002. At the time, I only underwent chemo without any additional nutrition therapy. My cancer metastasized and by January of 2004 I was back in chemo. This time, I had met some increadible cancer patients who had battled cancer with the help of Immunopower. I started to take the supplements myself right away. My tumor has since dissapeared!! My doctor called it highly unusual. I am 38 years old, mother of a 5 and a 9 year old boy. My doctor initially felt, that I might at most have 2 years more to live. He is now more confident than even I am, that I will live to see my own grandchildren. My husband is now taking ImmunopwerEZ, just as an insurance.
Health, unfortunately, is not cheap, but rather worth every last penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get your information here!, July 10 2001
Dr. Quillin's book is a must-have for those who have been diagnosed with cancer and want to do something about it!
Not only will you learn HOW nutrition can positively influence your cancer outcome and recovery, you will be able to APPLY that knowledge! The research-based alternative healing options are dose specific and easy to understand. The summary section and CD are added values to this already information-packed resource and have been designed to provide a short cut lesson for those who don't have the time or energy to take in the entire contents at once. Noreen Quillin provides insightful, practical lessons in the art of cooking and food preparation. Interesting case studies, well designed graphics, and an improved format round out this impressive text.
As an oncology nutritionist, I use the nutritional approaches described in Dr. Quillin's book on a daily basis. Science tells us they work. My patients' results show me they work. If you've been diagnosed with cancer, you owe it to yourself to pick up a copy today.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have Book!, July 5 2001
Maryann Jaeger (New Jersey United States) - See all my reviews
The best book I've read regarding cancer and nutrition. A must have for anyone wanting to improve their health via nutrition regardless if you have cancer or not. My mother was diagnosed in April '01 with "carcinoma of the lung with metastasis to her brain". While she is the ultimate sugar "junkie", slowly but surely I've been able to get more nutritious foods into her having acquired a better understanding of the cancer's need for glucose and how different foods/vitamins/minerals can improve her health. She's gained back some weight and has had no adverse effects from her chemo treatments. At the moment she's not able to read, but this book comes with a wonderful CD that hi lites the author's key messages about cancer and nutrition. Having been extremely tired myself from taking care of my mother since her surgery I've completely changed my own diet and for the past 2 weeks have had more energy than I've had in the past two and 1/2 months. I not only feel better, I'm also able to better handle the emotional burden that accompanies a diagnosis of cancer. Honestly, you must read this book if you are caring for a cancer patient or if you want to improve your diet. Two thumbs up and many thanks to Patrick and Noreen Quillin for writing this exceptional book!

5.0 out of 5 stars A God-send!!, June 6 2001
By A Customer
I have one word for this book... incredible! The information given in this book is not only for the cancer patient, for but anyone who wants to stay healthy (thus preventing cancer). Dr. Quillin shares information for a healthy life in such a way that no one else ever has. One's spiritual life is renewed, as well as the physical. This is a MUST HAVE for every household.
I was diagnosed with inoperable liver cancer in October of 1999 at the age of 22. Told by numerous doctors that there was "no hope." Severe back pain and a total lack of energy kept me in bed for most of the day... weight loss was rapid. I began chemo in spite of little precedence for success in using chemo in liver cancer. One month after diagnosis, began using Immunopower (the nutritional supplement developed by Dr. Patrick Quillin). Within one month my health took a dramatic upward turn. By January of 2000 the tumor had shrunk by 50%. Two months later, it had diminished by half again. I am now totally healed... a cancer survivor. Thank you God and thank you Dr. Quillin for such an incredible book! BEATING CANCER WITH NUTRITION played an important role in my healing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, May 24 2001
This is a wonderful and potentially life-saving book that I highly recommend, not only for cancer patients and their families, but also for anyone wishing to live a healthier life. Dr. Quillin has written a well-researched book with all kinds of simple tips on how to boost the immune system, how to make medical therapies like chemo more effective, and how to help the body "starve" out cancer cells.
My two favorite chapters are the one called "If you are too sick to read much, then read this," which has a 21 Days to a Healthier Cancer Patient guide; and "Nutritious & Delicious," with recipes and menu plans that are easy enough for even a non-cook like me to follow.
I've recommended this book to my sister-in-law, who had cancer (but is now thankfully in remission), and to her sister-in-law who is just beginning cancer treatment. If you have cancer or if you want to avoid ever getting cancer, this is the book to read!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you or a loved one have cancer...then this a must read!, March 29 2003
My husband and I had the pleasure of spending a day with Patrick Quillen at the Cancer Survival Forum in late January. It was a most enlightening day of facts on nutrition and how to handle and possibly beat cancer. The day was of course based on Patrick's Beating Cancer with Nutrition book. He and his wife, Noreen, filled our day and head with many facts, recipes and "food for thought" that was beyond valuable.
Upon returning to our home and reading this book, we immediately put to use the strategies we obtained using supplements and nutritional facts. I am delighted to report that with Patrick's program and ongoing chemotherapy, my ovarian cancer is on the verge of remission! I feel confident that once I am in remission that I will be able to stay this way with Beating Cancer with Nutrition as a part of my ongoing health program.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Beating Cancer with Nutrition [With Audio CD]
Beating Cancer with Nutrition [With Audio CD] by Noreen Quillin (Paperback - May 1 2005)
CDN$ 26.78 CDN$ 17.52