5.0 out of 5 stars See my review for the first book!
Like the title says, read my review for the first book for more information, but this book picks up right where the first one left off. Great read!
Published on Dec 28 2002 by Jolene Vetterling

1.0 out of 5 stars A Sequel With No Content
There is virtually no new information in this book and a good deal of it is rehashed from the first one. The first Mouse Tales book was charming, entertaining, but unfortunately David Koenig couldn't resist being greedy; he went for another bite of the apple, but this apple is riddled with worms.
Here, I'll save you the time of wading through 216 pages for a few...
Published on July 15 2002 by tripichik

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars A Sequel With No Content, July 15 2002
"tripichik" (Eugene, OR United States) - See all my reviews
Here, I'll save you the time of wading through 216 pages for a few nuggets of real information: The submarine and skyway rides closed because they got old; as new attractions were planned, they were phased out. A guy tried to do a neat thing with changing the Jungle Cruise to correlate with the time period of the Indianna Jones ride, but there was no consistent policy about changing the spiels, and people got their feelings hurt. Tomorrowland has given up trying to show tomorrow and instead shows a history of attempts to show tomorrows. Characters don't roam the park as much (who could blame them when so many parents encourage their brats' outright cruelty?); instead one gets to wait in yet another line for photo ops with them. I think that's about it.
I cannot understand some of the other reviewers here, in particular the one who mentions people being injured by not following directions on rides. All that detailed, fascinating information was in the first book, not this lame one.
So much could have been told -- where are the backstories to the attractions in Toontown, or Indy? The Indy preshow is so detailed -- who thought up the idea of the practical jokes incorporated in it? Do the strange markings on the wall really translate as "AT&T Sucks"? What is it that one sees in that curious shadow on the wall in Roger Rabbit? What sort of cast members are recruited for Toontown? How do they bear the incessant cartoon noise of their job site?
Regrettably, as he is so fond of saying Disneyland visitors do, David Koenig checked his intelligence at the door before writing this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the first, Aug. 31 2009
A. Burton "Disneylandman" (Calgary, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: More Mouse Tales: A Closer Peek Backstage at Disneyland (Paperback)
Well after reading the first book Mouse Tales, I was eager to read more....Unfortunately, I found this book a bit disappointing...it felt like the author was searching for material to fill this book.....all the good stuff, and interesting facts were in the first one. If you are a disnerd, then you likely want to buy this book for your collection, but it did lack the charm of the original.

2.0 out of 5 stars If you read Mouse Tales, don't read this!, March 13 2003
P. Banning (Yakima, WA United States) - See all my reviews
I read Mouse Tales twice in a two week period. I could barely get through this book! There were pages I skipped because I found it so boring. Being that I read Mouse Tales within the past couple of months, I saw repeated statements in More Mouse Tales. It seems as if the author ran out of things to say, so he found employees (or many former ones!) to trash Disneyland and to blow the lid off The Happiest Place on Earth and it's politics. Disneyland fans do not need to know this. I would rather be oblivious to the nasty politics, backstabbing and other [stuff]that goes on there. Disneyland is there to make people forget this gloomy world - not to be reminded of it as this book does.

3.0 out of 5 stars Darker than the first book, Feb. 10 2003
D. Tembreull (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
I have read both the first book and this book. The first "Mouse Tales" book was delightful, with it's history of Disneyland's conception and opening (and all of the tales of what went wrong), hi-jinks of its employees, and knowledge of how Disneyland has evolved.
"More Mouse Tales" tells the story of the Disney empire as it becomes the "Evil Empire". It talks about the strike-breaking, the employee disgruntlement with stupid guests, the anger and hatred that goes one where none of the guests can see. As a Disney fanatic, I found the book to be more depressing than informative. The Disneyland protrayed in this book is less like "the dream that nearly wasn't" and more like a Coney Island with a new coat of paint.
While it may be accurate, most Disney fans will finish this book with a sour taste in their mouths.

5.0 out of 5 stars See my review for the first book!, Dec 28 2002
Jolene Vetterling (Arvada, CO United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars It's back.....!, Nov. 5 2002
Are you obsessed with the mouse? Do you love Disneyland? Or are you just curious what makes Disney tick?
Personally, I fit in with the last two questions. I have visited Disneyland numerous times and everytime I've always asked myself and (to their annoyance) my family how did the Disney company make such a place. This same question is often asked by an audience member watching a magic show -- how did s/he created the illusion? Well, this book reads like a truthful tabloid. Sounds like a contradiction? It's not.
While I was reading this book I felt like I had picked up the latest issue of a weekly tabloid that proudly read on the front cover "Ex-employee of Disney tells all!" But this story is truth, unlike the majority of the tabloids, I'm sure. If you wanted to know how Disneyland works, read this book. I was laughing and enjoying the reading from cover to cover. Being an ex-amusement park employee myself (Legoland, CA. for over a year) I could related to a lot of the stories that were told by Disneland employees (or I should say cast members). This book will give you a new perspective about the mouse and his land. I think it's a very good read!
Make sure you read the first book "Mouse Tales: A Behind-the-Ears Look At Disneyland" in addition to this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sequel, July 9 2002
Steve H "books911" (U.S.) - See all my reviews
This is the *perfect* sequel to "Mouse Tales." "More Mouse Tales" is a ride on more behind-the-scenes secrets and stories of Disneyland. For those looking for a book which includes more stories from the 1980s and 1990s, this will satisfy that need as well. However, one is truly depriving themselves if they do not read "Mouse Tales" and "More Mouse Tales."

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for all true Disneyland fans!, July 3 2002
By A Customer
This book is the perfect companion to Mouse tales (book one). It is even more up to date and covers so much 'secret' stuff you just don't know that goes on inside Disneyland from day to day.
It's the closest we'll ever get to being a Disneyland employee and hearing all the gossip of what really goes on. I love this book (and the first one too) and hope they bring out another in the future!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Insider Book!, April 16 2002
By A Customer
I finished it in one sitting. I had read the first book years ago, and they are quite humorous, as well as insightful. It's more like an insiders view of Disneyland and it's inner workings, and failure among management. Interviews with current security, employees, and previous employees give you the behind the scenes stories you won't find many places. In fact, many of the people interviewed for the book wouldn't allow their names to be printed in fear of being fired! It's quite a remarkable book, IMHO. It details how low morale, job eliminations and lack of training lead to serious injury of two guests waiting in line in 1999, and one of them never regained consciousness and died a day later. It also details the more known Disney deaths, as well as the shenanigans employees played throughout the park, stories about the people inside the character costumes, and other assorted goodies. This book is full of little facts that I'm sure Eisner doesn't want you to know. I firmly believe Walt is spinning in his grave.

5.0 out of 5 stars What really happens at Disneyland, March 22 2002
Marianne K. Woneis "Marianne Woneis" (San Jose, CA) - See all my reviews
I would have to say this is a great book! If you are a true disney fan you will love this. It has all the behind the ears looks at the Disneyland park. It's very intresting to read about all the freaky things that happen when guests aren't there! I HIGHLY reccomend this book to any disney fan!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

More Mouse Tales: A Closer Peek Backstage at Disneyland
More Mouse Tales: A Closer Peek Backstage at Disneyland by David Koenig (Paperback - June 2000)
CDN$ 17.12 CDN$ 16.99