5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Resource, March 11 2004
By A Customer
I have re-read this book cover to cover at least 3 times. I have it marked up, highlighted and underlined. It has been invaluable. Specific, concrete examples of what to expect, how to behave, what to strive for. I would not be as well off as I am now if I had not had this book as a resource. I have reviewed or read at least 10 books on the subject and this is by far the most useful in my opinion. Do read more than this book - but make sure you read this one.
I have an excellent attorney but this book has allowed me to take far more responsability for MY case. It has allowed me to be far more interactive and supportive of my lawyer as well as saving me money, anxiety and upset. At times when I would start getting nervous I would open up the book and read a section and this would help me to calm down.
The final court date has been set - I'll be reading it once more cover to cover before that date.

5.0 out of 5 stars ESSENTIAL Reading For Fathers Who Are Fighting For Custody, Jan. 11 2004
Finally, a book devoted to FATHERS fighting for custody of their children. A positive, supportive approach to give dads that extra confidence to do what's right. So detailed, it even advises you on correct body language in the courtroom, as well as the double-standard when it comes to how moms and dads are viewed in similar situations by judges. I'm a future stepmom, and reading this book has helped both me and my fiance' find the courage to keep his son safe, without sabotaging his mother in the process. PLEASE read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book Yet, May 19 2002
By A Customer
I've probably bought every book available on Amazon.Com regarding father's rights (or loack thereof), and this is definitely the best I have come across so far.
The information contained is general, but very practical and easy to understand. Unfortunately, there really aren't any books out there that focus squarely on the laws in specific states. From having dealt with my own attorney though, this book seems to come the closest to capturing the overall feel of how the legal system really works.
About my only "complaint" concerning the book is the fact that the title may mislead some fathers into believing that they have a significant chance of gaining primary custody of their own children. In actual practice, this will only happen if a.)The mother agrees to it; or b.)The mother is incarcerated, a drug addict (and you can prove it), a prostitute, has a vilolent criminal history, or a history of serious mental illness.
In my particular case, I am the father of a newborn. Even with the advice in this book (and several others), the best lawyer available, private investigators, help from family, a decent income to spend on legal and investigate fees, etc., I know that my chances of obtaining primary custody of my daughter are practically zilch. Sad, but true.
Still, the info in this book will help prepare me for court, so that I can at least win some sort of significant visitation. I feel confident that the info in this book will help me increase my chances of at least being able to spend time with my child, despite the best efforts of the mother. It's definitely worth the small investment of time and money to be able to spend time with your child. You will definitely get your money's worth with this book.

ARRAY(0xbabf54b0)

Custody for Fathers: A Practical Guide Through the Combat Zone of a Brutal Custody Battle
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01