4.0 out of 5 stars I fully intended to dislike this book, but found myself loving it.
I am one of the people who dislikes religious organisations, rarely goes to church, and have been unsure where a loving God fits into the dreadful things that go on in the world. I picked up this book by mistake, and read it with the intention of writing a harsh review advising others to save their money. It turns out that I was wrong. This is a very readable book, which...
Published on March 21 2008 by Neko

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too Bad, Not Life Changing
The Shack is clearly an influential book, and judging by its prodigious sales a lot of people are reading it. As well I noticed that it has (especially in Canada) received a lot of controversial reviews. There are those who love it, and those who hate it passionately. It seems that a lot of this depends on the reader's theology. I would like to critique this view not...
Published on Feb. 11 2009 by Melissa M. Grant

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 517 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars God as I know Him, Oct. 14 2013
This review is from: The Shack (Mass Market Paperback)
On the pages of the book I have met God I know. I believe that God Himself is the true author of the book. W. P. Young was just God's hand

5.0 out of 5 stars The Shack, Sept. 22 2013
This review is from: The Shack (Kindle Edition)
It is a beautiful portrayal of the working of God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit working hand in hand with humanity through trials tribulations pain sorrow and suffering drawing people into an intimate relationship with the Trinity. Offering Their understanding, compassion and ability in lives of people.
In Christ
Linda Mullin

5.0 out of 5 stars The Shack-William P. Young, Sept. 1 2013
This review is from: The Shack (Paperback)
Excellent book. I told a lot of people to read this book as it made you wonder. Would read again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book!, Aug. 15 2013
This review is from: The Shack (Paperback)
Love Love this book! Recommend it to everyone i know. It's not super religious. It helped me with the question - why does God let bad things happen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatness, June 21 2013
B. Arthurs-jones (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Shack (Paperback)
Maybe God isn't for everyone, but everyone should read this book. I have had several copies go missing. Enjoyed it immensely.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent read, uplifting, May 11 2013
This review is from: The Shack (Kindle Edition)
This is one of my favorite spiritual books next to the HOLY BOOK itself, both sit beside one another on my book stand in my bedroom table. This book is inspiring with the portrayal of our LORD JESUS, The HOLY SPIRIT as ordinary and down to earth folks with a sense of love, honor, commitment and wisdom for anyone to understand. This spiritual uplifting through a personal tragedy and finding ones strength to overcome ones anger over loss to find ones center and peace. I have met The author and have my book signed by Paul Young after a session a few years ago in Edmonton Alberta Canada at Breakforth. Paul is a amazing Man of GOD and a leader in spirituality with his writing of this book. I highly recommend this as it is a good read and one to hold onto as the lessons are real and the spirit can move you. Thanks Paul for a very nice and wonderful book. Blessings

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!`, April 27 2013
This review is from: The Shack (Mass Market Paperback)
I have read this book 4 times, and I go back to read Chapter 11 oftener, as I need help with my judging of other people, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Read Yet!, March 15 2013
This review is from: The Shack (Mass Market Paperback)
Can't say I have ever read such an interesting book! Very deep, very thought provoking! This is a "Have to Read" for anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book for everyone, Jan. 31 2013
L. Pichette "Maria" (Ontario) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Shack (Mass Market Paperback)
Already read it twice, easy to read, very profound make you look into your own heart, how easy life can change, make you enjoy every minute of your life with your family and friends.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice book, Jan. 31 2013
This review is from: The Shack (Mass Market Paperback)
This book supports the idea that God, Jesus and other things written in the bible could be do a different color or race.
It also shows how controlling religions are.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 517 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa82140d8)

The Shack
The Shack by William P. Young (Paperback - July 1 2008)
CDN$ 17.00 CDN$ 12.27