5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!!!!!
Published on Feb. 19 2002

1.0 out of 5 stars There are many other better choices out there
Published on Feb. 21 2004 by Susan

1.0 out of 5 stars There are many other better choices out there, Feb. 21 2004
This review is from: Fibromyalgia and the MindBodySpirit Connection: 7 Steps for Living a Healthy Life with Widespread Muscular Pain and Fatigue (Paperback)
This book, while telling some of the truth about fibromyalgia, was co-written by Edwin Season, who works as an "independent medical examiner" for the Ohio State Teacher Retirement System. That means it is his job to find reasons to deny disability to those who need it, thereby saving the retirement system money. (This retirement system is being investigated for misuse of funds.) I am one of their victims, my illness being labeled as "Somatization Disorder" despite the mounds of objective medical evidence of brain injury, etc. I provided. Thanks to Season, I now struggle to work just 20 hours per week and I cannot keep up on bills. All because he thinks that illnesses like Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome are all in the mind. He needs to look at the evidence - and, a little compassion wouldn't hurt either. I'm now destroyed financially with little means of support. Thanks for nothing, Season.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, March 20 2004
Katherine Zurcher "Katie" (Geneva Switzerland) - See all my reviews
I feel I have wasted good money on this one. I am a strong believer in mind-body medicine, but the bits and pieces of boring information in primer form were a real turn off.
The information in this book seems to have been copied almost straight from other sources.
Try Jon Kabat-Zinn, Deepak Chopra, Emmet E. Miller, J. Sarno, Candace Pert, almost anybody else, for more inspiring reading.

1.0 out of 5 stars There are many other better choices out there, Feb. 21 2004
This book, while telling SOME of the truth about fibromyalgia, was co-written by Edwin Season, who works as an "independent medical examiner" for the Ohio State Teacher Retirement System. That means it is his job to find reasons to deny disability to those who need it, thereby saving the retirement system money. (This retirement system is being investigated for misuse of funds.) I am one of their victims, my illness being labeled as "Somatization Disorder" despite the mounds of objective medical evidence of brain injury, etc. I provided. Thanks to Season, I now struggle to work just 20 hours per week and I cannot keep up on bills. All because he thinks that illnesses like Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome are all in the mind. He needs to look at the evidence - and, a little compassion wouldn't hurt either. (Even the title of this book is contradictory - if you have widespread pain and fatigue, you're NOT healthy!) I'm now destroyed financially with little means of support. Thanks for nothing, Season.

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your Money, March 20 2003
By A Customer
MindBodySpirit can be written all together like it's one word. Now you know what this book is about.
If you really want to connect your mind, body, and spirit, try a yoga class. If you want to know how your mind (nervous system and emotions) and body are connected, try some other book. I would recommend The Fibromyalgia Help Book (Fransen & Russell) or Inside Fibromyalgia (Pellegrino).

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!!!!!, Feb. 19 2002
By A Customer
This is an extremely helpful guide for patients living with fibromyalgia. So many fibromyalgia books read like a medical textbook which is frustrating to patients looking for advice. The information in this book is complete, yet easy to comprehend and utilize. The doctors are very positive giving sound medical advice as well as alternative mind body solutions. The "Mind Body" portion gives me another route to recovery, and puts a human touch on this baffling disease. Very optimistic information for fibromyalgia sufferers!

1.0 out of 5 stars pass this one by, Feb. 27 2001
Katie Miles (Corona, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 1994 and have read everything available on the subject. I have had excellent medical care, tried alternative therapies, meditated, relaxed, prayed with faith, exercised, used vitamins, herbs, etc.etc.etc. I still live with daily pain and fatigue!! I didn't learn anything new from this book. I found its simplistic, repetitive style and subtly condescending tone to be unhelpful at best, and extremely discouraging at worst. I found the ephemeral "mindbodyspirit" connection to amount to a fancy way of saying "it's all in your head". The last thing fibromyalgics need is unsympathetic MDs telling us we can "cure ourselves"!!I'd like to see them walk a mile in our shoes. Try the book Fibromyalgia and Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome by Dr. Devin Starlanyl for a comprehensive understanding of fibromyalgia by a compassionate physician.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent, reader friendly introduction and overview., Aug. 3 2000
From experiences of widespread muscle pain to insomnia and fatigue, Fibromyalgia And The MindBodySpirit Connectionprovides an overview of a condition which often defies diagnosis. Chapters provide reviews of the symptoms involved in fibromyalgia and outline steps for living a healthy life with the condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fibromyalgia, April 13 2000
M.Valentine (Columbus, Ohio) - See all my reviews
I have had fibromyalgia for about three years. I went to several doctors and a couple of emergency rooms before I got help. My physcian recommended this book to help me deal with the anguish of this troublesome condition. This book has given me a goul to obtain. It gives a person ways to help the condition as well as abtain a helpful daily regiment to good health. Before reading this book, I did not know how many factors there are in maintaining good health. This book is broken down into chapters that are short and easy to read, also the book is uplifting and positive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fibromyalgia and the Mind Body Spirit Connection, March 29 2000
M.Valentine (Columbus, Ohio) - See all my reviews
I am 43 years old and I have Fibromyalgia. This book has challenged me to look at what my body and mind need to nourish my spirit. This book can help anyone who is accustomed to stress in everyday life. It will benefit anyone, not just those who have Fibromyalgia. I have bought three copys of this book; one was for myself and the other two were for gifts to people I love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good News at Last, March 28 2000
As a fellow FM sufferer, I was very please with the book. I have read other books by Dr. Salt and was intrigued when I came across this book on amazon. I ordered it at once and devoured it in only a few days time. I run a support group in our community and am anxious to explore any new ideas for our group and to recommend reading materials to those in need. I truly recommend this book to anyone who is suffering with fibromyalgia. Thank you Dr. Salt for your dedication and support of those of us who had nowhere else to turn. I found the book very informative and helpful and have recommended it to my group. Please keep up the good work!

ARRAY(0xbfe2300c)