5.0 out of 5 stars Great book. Informative, practical, empowering
Great Book. It covers the fundamentals, presents the material in a readable manner, and comes from a place of support and empowerment. The author is definitely not from the macho school of boxing. She manages to address both the how-to of boxing and the mental/emotional issues. Reminded me of why i started boxing in the first place, and why i want to teach someday.
Published on May 8 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars Too basic - no help for me
I am athletic but have never boxed. I bought this book looking for heavy bag routines,punching styles, workout suggestions etc. I did not find it here.
Published on May 19 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars Too basic - no help for me, May 19 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Boxing for Everyone: How to Get Fit and Have Fun with Boxing (Paperback)
I feel this book is very outdated. The graphics are very poor, the workout ideas are minimal. It seems to be aimed at women who are JUST getting into sports. Too much basic information (filler) from stretching to how to do situps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book. Informative, practical, empowering, May 8 1999
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Results - Super Fitness and Stress Reducer, July 27 1998
By A Customer
I incorporated the Coach's principles into a workout initially geared toward reducing stress from my career as a health care professional. I had no idea of the fitness and stamina I would develop and the weight loss I am experiencing. This book explains the complexities of boxing in an easy to understand manner. Great Book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Book!, Feb. 8 2002
Samarooni (Not Sure Yet) - See all my reviews
I box at Cappy's Gym in Seattle, and I have referred to this book countless times when working on alignment technique, footwork, etc. It's a great reference for boxers of all skill levels, plus it doesn't "read" like a manual- it's interesting!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great resource!, June 24 1999
By A Customer
I wasn't sure what to expect with this book, but it not only provides factual information on the technical aspects of boxing but also inspires female would-be boxers to be their best. An invaluable asset to anyone thinking about boxing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and inspiring book!, May 9 1998
By A Customer
My wife and I just started boxing in our home on a heavy bag. We love this book! The author includes interesting and inspiring stories. The directions are easy to follow. I would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Boxing Manual, Aug. 23 1998
By A Customer
This book is not only mentioning the female boxing but a good boxing manual. For beginner, you can learn the basic skills. For the experience boxer, this book is a good reminder.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love boxing!, June 25 1998
By A Customer
This book really helped me get started working out on the heavy bag. The steps are pretty easy to follow and I like the question and answer section at the end of each chapter.

Boxing for Everyone: How to Get Fit and Have Fun with Boxing
Boxing for Everyone: How to Get Fit and Have Fun with Boxing by Cappy Kotz (Paperback - Jan. 1 1997)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.18