5.0 out of 5 stars A clear and complete guide to getting into shape, June 14 2001
Lee (Raleigh, NC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 10 Vital Steps to Fitness, Health and Diet (Paperback)
A terrific book. I recently bought 10 Vital Steps and have successfully used it to create a fitness program. It pointed me in the right direction by taking me through some self-evaluation and motivational exercises. It then led me into a step-by-step exercise schedule where I could start off slowly and gradually increase the intensity. This book explores a wide range of exercises while stressing safety and enjoyment. As I read, I couldn't help but be inspired by all the healthy and positive information that I was taking in. Rudy Yakzan explains how to synergistically combine health with a more fulfilling lifestyle. He has motivated me to make my life better. And with his tips for staying on track, I know that I will keep at it. I recommend it in a big way!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective advice...not too technical, June 8 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The 10 Vital Steps to Fitness, Health and Diet (Paperback)
What I really liked about this book is its simplicity (it's also very nicely laid out and easy to read). The author is not one of those "gurus" who tells you you to follow his plan and buy his products. He's obviously an athletic guy in good shape who adheres to the "school of good health and sense!" The advice is simple but effective...he tells you how to start exercise gradually, eat well, and avoid the bad habits that can ruin your health. Sounds simple enpugh, but he also shows you how! Really good book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Practical and Informative Book, May 31 2001
This review is from: The 10 Vital Steps to Fitness, Health and Diet (Paperback)
I enjoyed reading the book and the pictures in it were very helpful in making me follow the exercises recommended. It helped me really feel healthier from the first week in following a good exercise and a diet. This book is for everyone. Easy reading and all good tips. Biki

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent advice!, May 25 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The 10 Vital Steps to Fitness, Health and Diet (Paperback)
This is one of the clearest and easiest books on the market regarding fitness and diet. I really liked the layout of the book which is real easy to read and follow...I was able to read the whole thing in a couple of settings and I regularly refer back to various sections and pages. Perhaps the best part of the book is the first section that deals with motivation and the psychology of exercise. The author rightly claims that unless you motivate yourself to work out and be healthy, you really won't do it! He follows this with some excellent samples and techniques for aerobic and anaerobic exercise while explaining the benefits of each. An excellent work that has already helped me with my fitness program!

The 10 Vital Steps to Fitness, Health and Diet
The 10 Vital Steps to Fitness, Health and Diet by Rudy Yakzan (Paperback - May 2001)
Used & New from: CDN$ 4.92