5.0 out of 5 stars re: great work
I would recommend this book to any adoptee trying to heal and find their authentic selves.
It also has sections for birth mothers and adoptive parents.
Mr Soll has a wonderful understanding of what is going on in the adoption world and is doing so much to help the people that are suffering from painful emotional issues in the adoption triad.
This book...
Published 8 months ago by Jane hunt

3.0 out of 5 stars Adoption Healing: A Path to Recovery
Joe Soll draws heavily from John Bradshaw's works about "inner child" healing. The reader is encouraged to heal through self-affirmations. I also recommend that triad members read Sherrie Eldridge's books.
Published on Jan. 4 2004

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars re: great work, July 21 2013
This review is from: Adoption Healing...a Path to Recovery (Paperback)
It also has sections for birth mothers and adoptive parents.
This book shouldn't be read by the weak at heart or those not wishing to change.
If you want to change this book and his online chat give you so many tools to take the neccesary steps to heal.
Im so glad I found this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Healing Tool for the Suffering Adoptee, Oct. 21 2003
This review is from: Adoption Healing...a Path to Recovery (Paperback)
I agree with others that not all adoptees are in pain. But for the ones who are, this book offers step-by-step guidelines on how to move past the pain in the realm of forgiveness and contentment. As an author and psychologist myself, I believe 100% that the only way out of the pain is through the pain. Add this book to your adoption bookshelf, you won't be sorry.
Kasey Hamner, M.S., author of "Whose Child?" and "Adoption Forum"

5.0 out of 5 stars This book holds a mirror up to our hearts, Sept. 15 2003
This review is from: Adoption Healing...a Path to Recovery (Paperback)
I am not an adoptee but I feel that much of what Joe Soll describes in his book has got to be true. I cannot imagine an adoptee not feeling the pain, sadness and anger of having been relinquished by the mother. Yet, our own daughter, adopted at four days of age, insists that she has never had an identity crisis and has not suffered. Several of her classmates were adopted and are also not preoccupied by their past, nor have they initiated a search for their birthmother. We are now happily reunited with our birthmother (who found us) and our daughter still says she is not any happier now than she was before meeting her mother.I still want to agree with Joe Soll that repression may be at work here. I want her to read this book.
Gisela Gasper Fitzgerald, author of ADOPTION: An Open, Semi-Open or Closed Practice?

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - reveiw from adoptee, Feb. 26 2003
This review is from: Adoption Healing...a Path to Recovery (Paperback)
I highly recommend this book for anyone that wants to understand the heart, soul and mind of an adoptee and/or birthparent. He shows adoptees and birthmothers their path to healing. You might say - what healing. The truth is adoption = loss and loss = need for healing. Read this book and your life will change.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't believe it!, Jan. 21 2003
This review is from: Adoption Healing...a Path to Recovery (Paperback)
He wrote about me! It is like the author got inside my head. The author xplained me to me. This book is fantastic. I highly recommend it to everyone. I heard good things about it from my therapist, but the book is better than it's billing. Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stellar explanation of the psychology of an adopted person, Jan. 21 2003
Sean Smitts (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adoption Healing...a Path to Recovery (Paperback)
Adoption Healing got me in touch with hidden feelings that I didn't even know I had. I now understand myself in a new way, a way that will help me heal from the separation of my mother at birth. Soll's book is a wonderful follow-up to Nancy Verrier's Primal Wound. All those who have been touched by adoption should make this wonderful book a bible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - healing, Dec 20 2002
This review is from: Adoption Healing...a Path to Recovery (Paperback)
I highly recommend this book as an adoptee in reunion. Adoption is often misunderstood. Reading some of the bad reviews of this book I can see that. Adoptees are often in denial about their true feelings. Once out of this denial, we have quite a bit of healing work to do. This book will show you how. Those brave enough to do it will be a new person.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, Sept. 16 2013
Every adopted person must read this book. It is so soothing and tells the real truth. It is truly the path to recovery

5.0 out of 5 stars Should be required reading, Sept. 15 2013
This review is from: Adoption Healing...a Path to Recovery (Paperback)
Adoption Healing...a path to recovery has played a huge role in improving my life and relationships with others. It validated my feelings as an adoptee and dispels the myths that have been ingrained in me by the ignorant. This book has helped me to understand why I think the way I think. It has encouraged me to look at things from another perspective, which in turn, positively changes my negative thinking. My self esteem has skyrocketed resulting in better relationships - old and new. This is a must read for adoptees, natural parents and adoptive parents.

3.0 out of 5 stars Adoption Healing: A Path to Recovery, Jan. 4 2004

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xb176d888)

Adoption Healing...a Path to Recovery
Adoption Healing...a Path to Recovery by Joseph M. Soll (Paperback - March 2000)
CDN$ 20.17 CDN$ 19.93